​❔​How often do you check price drops​❔​

I have 8 cruises booked through 2023, so I don’t check often. But I do visit my roll calls daily, and there is always someone who will alert of price drops. Might not always be my category that drops, but I do appreciate them posting.

Some are L&S, that were originally booked in 2019. The prices were protected on those, and are low compared to what they are today, so I don’t check those.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

I check fairly often, at least once a week or with each new promo.  I was making a final payment today and asked him to go through my booked cruises with him for drops.  ( Right now I only have 4).  On one it showed maybe a $50 drop on line but when he repriced it I saved $600.  I also just checked our flights today and saved $350 for next months cruise.  Not a bad day off from work right?

I will lose some money this spring on 2 trips we booked that we can’t take. I’ll get some FCC that hopefully we can use but may still lose $400 total.  I hate to waste money but sometimes plans change and it is what it is.  I’m just thankful today for the $950 I saved.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

They don’t always get the best prices.  

and they have hundreds of other clients they are trying to work with. So they may not see or get to checking when the deal is available.   
That’s why it’s good to check yourself.  

I'm sure that's true of some TA's.  Fortunately I've got a good one that does do it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Daily?  Weekly?  Monthly?  Not at all?  I just bit the bullet and booked my first B2B for April of 2023.  Like everyone else, I like a good deal so my question is what is the best way and how often should I check price drops?  I know there are sites that monitor price drops but I don't which ones are good.  Is it better to check manually or leave it up to the automatic alerts?  TIA

I pretty much check every day or so.  Never know when something will pop up.  Got 2 drops within 3 days this week.

• Like 1

I check occasionally , and my suite is almost double what i paid now.

There was some ridiculously low pricing last September , so i dont think i will get any savings. Plus the quadruple points was nice.

I once got 800.00  x 2  on a southern route out of Puerto Rico as it probably wasnt selling well. And a few hundred on other cruises , so it pays to check .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, binro01 said:

I check daily usually. It only takes me about 5-10 min to do for all of my cruises. If I see a price drop, I send an email over to my TA and they handle everything for me. I usually get a new invoice with the reprice within 4 hours from them.

Recently, I had a very interesting "drop" because it also incorporated a upgrade from a forward facing OV Balcony to a guarantee suite on our April 4th Navigator OTS cruise. I was able to get the upgraded cabin and save 130 off the cost of the cabin. Big score! I was also able to reprice the second cabin where my BIL and our twin 18 year olds will be, from a chosen OV balcony to a GTY OV balcony and save almost 400.00 there. Just by checking.

I need to find a TA like this. I have used various services and people in the past and the one I have currently is better than the rest have been but none provide this much/quick level of service or any significant extra OBC or “lower than advertised” fare prices. 

Hello all, I check at least twice a week, usually Tuesday and Friday.  Last Friday I got a 50 dollar price drop and a 50 dollar obc on my June Mariner cruise.  I called again today and got a 200 dollar drop on the same cruise.  In my opinion, it pays to call twice a week if you have the time.

10 hours ago, Cruising Divers said:

I need to find a TA like this. I have used various services and people in the past and the one I have currently is better than the rest have been but none provide this much/quick level of service or any significant extra OBC or “lower than advertised” fare prices. 

Mine is this good. I sent him 6 to reprice and agree that was a lot of work for him. Mostly on may which I just booked and are little cruises. 2 came back lower than what I saw online. Just last night I finally got them all booked on the same deck fairly close. Probably best I can do. Middle 2 are same cabin. Kinda late to book a b2b2b2b for may and get all same cabin, but hes fixed me up. The sale that just ended had some unadvertised obc. 

• Like 2

Another thing I keep an eye on - is the extras I've purchased. I've repriced the following over the past few months:

- Beverage Package (originally 20% off, knocked down to 30% off) 

- Excursions (originally 20-25% off - got for 25-30% off)

- Water (canned) - 50% off

- The Key - originally 20% off - got 45% off ($19.99). Just $4pp per day more than the Wi-fi

- Giovanni's - originally full price - got it 30% off on 11/23.  

I have a spreadsheet where I keep track of what we have - and what we originally paid and the lower cost.  The cruise cost itself (Ocean View Large Balcony), we booked at $1850.14 for the two of us.  Repriced at $1780.14 and then $1665.14 on 10/29.  It has since fluctuated up to as high as $2121.14. This is with the insurance (Vacation Protection Plan) and with taxes/fees/port taxes.  

I also now have bid with RoyalUp for a Junior Suite and 1BR Grand Suite.  If we don't get an upgrade - I'm ok with our Ocean View Large Balcony.  So I've also been watching openings in those cabin types as there have been cancellations.  

• Like 1

Speaking of.....

this sale that just opened today has some NICE discounts for our Alaska trip, like way lower than I have seen them before (except ours.....I am convinced that our balcony guarantee was a computer glitch for the price we have).  Interior price for SURE, like $40 less than we had it before we bumped up.

check it out people! 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, Husky1987 said:

That's a great savings.  And well worth someone's time.

And then at the other end of the spectrum there are people who spend a lot of time on hold every time their cruise price goes down $15.  Is that worth someone's time?  Not mine, but that's a personal call...

My threshold is $50.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, Husky1987 said:

That's a great savings.  And well worth someone's time.

And then at the other end of the spectrum there are people who spend a lot of time on hold every time their cruise price goes down $15.  Is that worth someone's time?  Not mine, but that's a personal call...

$15 can buy a drink so may as well be in our pocket than Royal's.  Of course, some price adjustment calls with Royal take 5 minutes, while others can take 20.  It depends on who you get.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ireallyneedavacation said:

Am I correct in reading that if you buy your airfare through Royal Caribbean and the price goes down on the tickets, you can recoup the difference?

I doubt it. At the time of a purchase - they fix the price and pay the tax from it. If any other changes occur after you pay, there is nothing they can really do about it. Unfortunatly, you wont get the difference.