Airport Transfers LGB to San Pedro

nslatin

First time Princess cruiser here and i have a question that customer service seems unable to answer.

I'm looking for information about the airport transfers that does not appear to be available on the Princess website.

1. Is the transfer available from Long Beach Airport?

2. If so, what is the cost?

Thanks

Did you book through EZAir? Sometimes Long Beach is available to fly to and from. Otherwise, Uber is a good choice and not far from San Pedro. Is it available on your cruise personalizer? Are you flying in the day of?

26 minutes ago, nslatin said:

Apparently once you have made final payment, customer service does not know how to add this or even tell me that it isn't available. 

If you booked with a TA then they can book your transfers, if offered.  It’s says under “travel” on the cruise personalizer PCL website.  If you booked directly through

PCL then they should do it for you.  

But, like others have said, it’s not offered from LGB.  It’s about a 25 min ride to the port, depending on traffic.

2 hours ago, nslatin said:

First time Princess cruiser here and i have a question that customer service seems unable to answer.

I'm looking for information about the airport transfers that does not appear to be available on the Princess website.

1. Is the transfer available from Long Beach Airport?

2. If so, what is the cost?

Thanks

Do you live in Vegas (listed under your name)? You could easily drive to the port the day before.

57 minutes ago, nslatin said:

Apparently once you have made final payment, customer service does not know how to add this or even tell me that it isn't available. 

If you booked through a TA the TA can add a transfer. If direct with Princess then Princress will add it. But right now Princess is short handed in their customer service dept. It's difficult to contact them.

In both cases transfers can only be added if offered. In LA transfers are not offered from Long Beach, only LAX. Just take a cab or uber/Lyft. It is a quick ride no more expensive and private. The airport is about 30 mins from the port.

1 hour ago, nini said:

Do you live in Vegas (listed under your name)? You could easily drive to the port the day before.

Thanks, I didn't realize.  Just kidding.  We fly for free (points) with Southwest, making it far less expensive to fly than to drive, hotel, meals, time.

• Like 2

We flew in & out of LGB for a November sailing on the Majestic.

Transfers are not available.

Flying in, we just grabbed a cab at the airport.

Disembarking, we ordered an Uber. It was cheaper than the cab.

Edited by CineGraphic

Carnival has transfers from LGB, but not Princess. I usually fly SW into LGB and just compare prices on Lyft and Uber and pick the cheapest fare. Long Beach Yellow Cab has an app that will give you 15% off or so if you pre-pay in the app and show the ride code to the driver. Rideshare pickup is on the outside lane outside the terminal and taxis wait just beyond that, by a parking garage. You can also get all the way to San Pedro by two buses, one from the airport to downtown Long Beach and another to San Pedro, within walking distance of the cruise terminal. I've used them for a pre-cruise hotel in Long Beach and after a cruise when I have a late flight and want to bike in Long Beach. If you're a golfer and have a late flight, there's a golf course next to LGB with a driving range and club rental. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, nslatin said:

Thanks, I didn't realize.  Just kidding.  We fly for free (points) with Southwest, making it far less expensive to fly than to drive, hotel, meals, time.

I have to say, Free is a very good price! So, am I to assume that you are flying in on embarkation day? I am usually nervous about that. My thinking was that you would have the same expenses of hotel and meals regardless of your arrival transportation, because it would be a day early.

When the time comes, please update us on your adventure, and I hope you enjoy Princess!

OP: we flew into Long Beach for a Carnival Cruise & took their shuttle once. Huge mistake! Not only did it cost more (pp charge instead of per car) but we waited for an hour for them to show up. Almost just ordered Lyft and wrote off the loss

• Like 1

Lyft/Uber from LGB is *incredibly* convenient - I mean, everything at LGB is convenient, but the rideshare pickup is unbelievably good (island just across the terminal drive) and I’ve lucked out with some of the nicest drivers I’ve ever had on any platform.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2022 at 11:51 AM, nini said:

I don’t think I’ve ever used the words “easily drive” and I-15 in the same sentence. 🤣

I know that LAX is a total pain but my friend flew Southwest into LAX last month and took the Princess shuttle to the port. You may want to also check that out.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I don’t think I’ve ever used the words “easily drive” and I-15 in the same sentence. 🤣

I know that LAX is a total pain but my friend flew Southwest into LAX last month and took the Princess shuttle to the port. You may want to also check that out.

The OP would be driving from Vegas. A 3 hour drive is like us driving from home on the Washington coast to the port of Seattle and I-5 is also involved. The OP is asking about the airport in Long Beach, not LAX.

1 minute ago, nini said:

The OP would be driving from Vegas. A 3 hour drive is like us driving from home on the Washington coast to the port of Seattle and I-5 is also involved. The OP is asking about the airport in Long Beach, not LAX.

It’s about 4 1/2 hours with good traffic and LAX was just a suggestion for the OP.