Favorite Celebrity Cocktails

edeneyes

For those interested,  I just ordered a 25th anniversary on the Edge (just now) and yes they had Grey Goose VX.  I was surprised, but they have it in a cabinet behind the martini bar.    Unsure what the extra cost was or was supposed to be but they did not charge me for it.   It’s a busy bar (would be my guess).   These guys work their butts off and they are extremely attentive!  

Edited by cdel71

5 hours ago, quicklabs said:

For Aqua class folks who eat in Blu, the Spice Market (Gin, Chinese five spices, Thai bitters, Grapefruit, Lemon and Soda) is ultra-refreshing!

Thanks, I plan on trying some of the Blu specialty drinks in October. Did anyone in your party try the Botanical Bliss or Garden Breezes?

12 hours ago, cdel71 said:

For those interested,  I just ordered a 25th anniversary on the Edge (just now) and yes they had Grey Goose VX.  I was surprised, but they have it in a cabinet behind the martini bar.    Unsure what the extra cost was or was supposed to be but they did not charge me for it.   It’s a busy bar (would be my guess).   These guys work their butts off and they are extremely attentive!  

On the Apex this Saturday hoping they still have VX in the store.  I have noticed the bottles online the asking price is $400 to $600 a bottle if you can find one.  The two bottles I found on the Independence where $80 each.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:50 PM, markeb said:

Zacapa Old Fashion. Drops mike… 

Mark do you have an at-home recipe for this?  I have been trying to replicate it.  Not quite right.  Or maybe it just tastes better on the ship!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Mark do you have an at-home recipe for this?  I have been trying to replicate it.  Not quite right.  Or maybe it just tastes better on the ship!

This is pretty close, Rick. From Zacapa.  https://www.zacaparum.com/en-us/recipes/signature/chocolate-old-fashioned

INGREDIENTS

1.5 oz Zacapa No. 23 Rum

0.25 oz Simple Syrup

1 dash Aromatic Bitters

1 dash Chocolate Bitters

Grapefruit Peel, for garnish

Dark Chocolate, for garnish

PREPARATION

1. Combine Zacapa Rum, simple syrup and bitters into a mixing glass with ice.

2. Stir well and strain into a double Old Fashioned glass.

3. Express grapefruit peel over drink and grate dark chocolate over cocktail.

I think they do an orange peel on the ship, and I don't remember if they do a chocolate garnish; neither really change the taste. They also use mole bitters and orange bitters, which is what I've got at home. I've seen recipes that do the traditional sugar cube instead of simple syrup, and that may be a lot of simple syrup? It's been awhile, but I've always just used sugar and skipped the whole dissolve in bitters thing! It does work best over a big round or square ice cube.

• Like 2

Hendricks on ice with a lime twist...

Not really a cocktail, but hey, I like it. 

There is a martini with the name Fresca in it at the Martini Bar..that is good too.  

Stand at the pool bar and watch for a few minutes if you like frozen drinks..watch what others get, make a choice..you may get something you've never had before.  

• Like 1

All basic cocktails are covered by the Classic package, just with "well" liquor, not premium. Martini Bar and World Class bar drinks are over the limit for Classic and some over Premium, but you just pay the difference plus 20% gratuity.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

I believe it is a Frescatini . . . basically watermelon martini and it is delicious!  Enjoyed one on the Apex last October.

F0683932-09A9-4A55-AC5A-ED90B0559F7B.jpeg

Yes, that's it...it's also good made with Gin.  

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 5:38 AM, Calton said:

I love a rum old fashioned. I will try that one 👍

I do too. Land or sea, I like a Captain Morgan old fashioned, sometimes with a splash of ginger ale if I don’t want it overly strong. That Z one sounds worth trying for sure.

have them make you a Bushwacker.   Not the kind they make but according to the following.   It is similar to a mudslide 

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

BA7BB9FE-82D8-4222-A6F7-1E32753E6A4F.jpeg

Edited by miched
  • Like 1