Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They came back and were berating the pool attendant, then started watching for folks to violate the 30 minute 'rule'.

It was just sad

I feel for the attendant. This kind of behavior could make them stop enforcing policy 

That is so uncalled for. I wish security could be there to defend the attendant and remind the guests of the 30 minute 'rule.'

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm no FlowRider aficionado, but this one looks deeper at the rear than the others I've seen.

20220201_135258.thumb.jpg.adde99f3e7b02c30c17e1325858e6e44.jpg

20220201_135219.thumb.jpg.21b55fc7e5161f754979e0753dd514eb.jpg

They keep adding more slide area at the top to reduce smacking into the wall injuries.  I don’t care about that area at all, as you can’t surf on it and you want to avoid falling on it.  🤪

• Thanks 1

I have a question about the music on the ship.  In the past they have had dance bands, some of them playing Latin music, playing in Bolero and other venues around the ship.  We have been on two cruises post pandemic and neither of them had dance bands or dance parties.  The bands were replaced with individual singers or musicians.  We heard that Celebrity and Royal have had difficulty keeping the members of the bands healthy, and the musicians were out due to Covid.  What is happening on the Odyssey?

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Well, I am guessing since you and Bucky are both brothers that survived the "Land of the Dragon" that you are both the same age.  He grabbed himself a "young" bride at 5 years younger than himself.  😄 

Looks like Bucky and I have something else in common.  Sharon is 4.5 years younger and boy is it paying off having a young one around.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

But you are right, there are a lot of differences...both good and not as good between this ship and Oasis class.  I do miss the Aqua theater. 

I love the Aqua theater.  It’s been awhile since we were on Anthem and I forgot it didn’t have an Aqua theater.  We will be on Ovation in May.  I think even if it had an Aqua theater I wouldn’t much enjoy watching shows outside at night in Alaska.  😂 

1 hour ago, LATTELOVE said:

Question to anyone,

Are they still doing the nice salad bar

at the main dining room during sea days

on Oddesey???

I don't think so, Oasis Class doesn’t. 

They do have a nice salad bar in Jammer.

Hope to visit MDR lunch on day 8 maybe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, BonnieJB said:

I have a question about the music on the ship.  In the past they have had dance bands, some of them playing Latin music, playing in Bolero and other venues around the ship.  We have been on two cruises post pandemic and neither of them had dance bands or dance parties.  The bands were replaced with individual singers or musicians.  We heard that Celebrity and Royal have had difficulty keeping the members of the bands healthy, and the musicians were out due to Covid.  What is happening on the Odyssey?

Boleros has a 4 piece band. 

Not sure about other venues, maybe Two70. Seems like you could dance in there

iFLY 2 was a success.  Laura got to fly with the instructor, and I didn't crash.👍

You get two turns in the pay sessions.

Today's instructor was Ivana. Very tall Soviet lady. She was great, and did fantastic tricks for us.

• Like 12

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura just had Ken swap out my Serenade inside cabin for an aft balcony on the World Cruise.

I moved to her Family OV😁

Wise move on Laura's part. Congrats on the "upgrading" to the OV.

Speaking of the World Cruise - were separate legs ever published? Asking for a friend....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Boleros has a 4 piece band. 

Not sure about other venues, maybe Two70. Seems like you could dance in there

Thanks for the information.  Hopefully the bands will stay healthy for the next several weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

iFLY 2 was a success.  Laura got to fly with the instructor, and I didn't crash.👍

You get two turns in the pay sessions.

Today's instructor was Ivana. Very tall Soviet lady. She was great, and did fantastic tricks for us.

I think when the instructors do their tricks they turn up the fans much higher so they can get all the way up to the top of the tube. I don't think they really want the passengers doing tricks like that or  going that high up in the tube.

The fans speed is all gauged on your weight. Amazing machine.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Wise move on Laura's part. Congrats on the "upgrading" to the OV.

Speaking of the World Cruise - were separate legs ever published? Asking for a friend....

Sometime this month, I understand

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think when the instructors do their tricks they turn up the fans much higher so they can get all the way up to the top of the tube. I don't think they really want the passengers doing tricks like that or  going that high up in the tube.

The fans speed is all gauged on your weight. Amazing machine.

Yes, I chatted with Ivana. They boost her to around 200 kmph. We are around 100

• Like 3