Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not really, but all 7 chapters tie into what happens in first 10 minutes. 

But then again, Showgirls is also just a bunch of numbers thrown together.

And Seriously, neither show is that much different than CATS if your looking for a story😉

I assumed it was a plug for adventures that await when you read books...kind of Alice in Wonderland meets high tech.  😄 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Ours is not bad...in fact takes a few minutes for the hot water to find us.  😮  But never really cold. 

I bring the water cups I fill at the filtered dispenser to the cabin, refill my bottles, then stick them in the fridge.  Can't really tell it from the ship's bottled water.  And of course that is what you have at meals.  

I took on my allowed 12 bottles of water...but I blow though those fast.  So I keep them to refill.  

I didn’t know you were allowed to bring water onboard. I know you can bring 2 bottles of wine. Do you have to choose between water or wine? If so, I choose wine! But if you can bring both are there any restrictions on the size of the bottles of water? Are the standard 16oz Poland Spring bottles ok? Thanks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

I didn’t know you were allowed to bring water onboard. I know you can bring 2 bottles of wine. Do you have to choose between water or wine? If so, I choose wine! But if you can bring both are there any restrictions on the size of the bottles of water? Are the standard 16oz Poland Spring bottles ok? Thanks

You can bring the 2 bottles of win, and a up to a 12 pack of soda/water (less that I think 16.9 oz each)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Here is the link with the specifics:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We have no company in the morning other than staff

DL is nuts in the morning with Ds and up picking up to go coffees....some lingering in the lounge, but most are to gos.  Machine was broke down yesterday morning, two attendants could not fix it, called in maintenance.  

19 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

12 pack of water or soda in bottles is allowed...plus your two 750 bottles of wine.  Most times we only take on one bottle of wine, but lately Bucky has been bringing on his Port, and I bring on a bottle of SB.  

Yes, standard 16 oz bottles...I take on Dasani 16.9 bottles.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh, I thought it might have been for environmental reasons.

Just going through existing supplies.  We had those Harmony, not Allure. My bad. I think they were Italian.  I have two in the fridge at home.

Harmony had the American Royal Caribbean cans last month

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

DL is nuts in the morning with Ds and up picking up to go coffees....some lingering in the lounge, but most are to gos.  Machine was broke down yesterday morning, two attendants could not fix it, called in maintenance.  

The SL machine works flawlessly, and is generall up and running by 6am

Well, not officially😇

20220202_074344.thumb.jpg.1759df2c2d3e06d9f57c98c0192d00d6.jpg

Hardly necessary 😉

20220202_074312.thumb.jpg.e9641d8dd185ac3f92705912e010f130.jpg

You can grab Soda and water all day as well

20220202_074323.thumb.jpg.3aca2312aa4068137cdf970c6a364717.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am thoroughly enjoying all of the information gleaned from these posts that I will use on our Feb 26 cruise.  NOT looking forward to seeing all of these signs restricting seating in the various venues.  Hoping for a change in protocols in mid February.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

There goes the neighborhood😉

20220201_194436.thumb.jpg.f0ee3cf7522dcd292e348ff4b5d8fd15.jpg

@island lady Great photo of you and Bucky !

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Then headed up to Pub for a Newcastle.

20220201_225637.thumb.jpg.dae6b681ddd276f33e645f5b26b75ffa.jpg

Nice self portrait !

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I saw how close you were to the show it reminded me of being at a CIRQUE DU SOLEIL show where they go over your head.  Now you got me thinking of going to see one again.

That's what I thought, a Cirque du Soleil copy cat show.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yea, not a fan of those seats. Other than location. But to me it's not the lack of arms, but the lack of backs

I would bypass those "couches" for sure.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So do I. Those also look like low back seats unless I'm not seeing it righr. What is up with that?

My eyes inadvertently overlooked those low backs. Very uncomfy looking for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

I don't think they're that picky at Port Everglades security...for my Allure cruise Jan 8-22 I brought small cans of clamato, flavored seltzers, waters (large and small bottles) and 2 bottles of wine. They didn't look twice at my bag.

• Thanks 1