Just won the Royal up to an Owners Suite on Symphony! apart from the nicer room, what else can I benefit from now in a suite?

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Did they ask your cabin number in the SL when you got a beer or wine before the HH?  They asked me every time and I asked if it counted against my 5 drinks and they said no.  Last time in a suite pre Covid they just gave you a beer no asking of your cabin number  Just wondering if it was just me  HIC!!😇

Prepandemic no - after the restart - every time.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

Thanks for this, just to add for others benefit looking back at this thread, here is some more of the benefits which is specific to just some of the ships...

Guests sailing in a suite aboard Allure of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas or Ovation of the Seas will enjoy new benefits. Visit Royal Suite class to learn more.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You will have free beer/wine in the SL 11-11 and drinks during Happy Hour in the SL in the afternoon.

Thanks for this, this was enough for me to decide to downgrade from full drinks package to just refreshment package. Was suprised to see the happy hour was from 4.30 till 8pm, so a good chance to go and get a good beverage!

Couple of follow up questions..

it said kids are only allowed in the SL at breakfast? do they have a cut off time for kids allowed in there?

Can I grab drinks and take them out without issue? because I don't want to feel like we have to stay in there every time I want a drink.

Also, are the SL and the CK separate? I know they are both on floor 17 and both for suite guests only, but are they joined?

If having food in Coastal Kitchen can we grab drinks from SL to have in the CK?

Another random question... please dont judge me for it 🤣. I love L'occitain and want to take a  few freebies away with me! will they just put new ones in every time they magically move into our suitcase? 🤣☺️... Maybe I don't belong in a suite 🤣

Lastly, a bit of a niche question... my wife has to be strictly Gluten Free, will the concierge help us make arrangements for this? not had a concierge before. I know we can speak to the maitre d but also would like to be able to get Gluten free room service

Thanks all for your help and input 🥰

On 1/28/2022 at 7:00 AM, mashisback said:

I have only ever stayed in normal Balcony, so its lovely to upgrade but what are all the other benefits? I want to make the most out of it!

Also I might rethink drinks package etc if this will somehow cover some of the cost?

Thanks for all any any input x

I have a quick question for you.

What room did you upgrade from and how much was your bid?

I’m currently bidding for a RoyalUp on Allure OTS for a GS or a OS from a OV balcony and would like to be competitive. 

Edited by binro01

2 hours ago, mashisback said:

Thanks for this, just to add for others benefit looking back at this thread, here is some more of the benefits which is specific to just some of the ships...

Guests sailing in a suite aboard Allure of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas or Ovation of the Seas will enjoy new benefits. Visit Royal Suite class to learn more.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

Thanks for this, this was enough for me to decide to downgrade from full drinks package to just refreshment package. Was suprised to see the happy hour was from 4.30 till 8pm, so a good chance to go and get a good beverage!

Couple of follow up questions..

it said kids are only allowed in the SL at breakfast? do they have a cut off time for kids allowed in there?

Can I grab drinks and take them out without issue? because I don't want to feel like we have to stay in there every time I want a drink.

Also, are the SL and the CK separate? I know they are both on floor 17 and both for suite guests only, but are they joined?

If having food in Coastal Kitchen can we grab drinks from SL to have in the CK?

Another random question... please dont judge me for it 🤣. I love L'occitain and want to take a  few freebies away with me! will they just put new ones in every time they magically move into our suitcase? 🤣☺️... Maybe I don't belong in a suite 🤣

Lastly, a bit of a niche question... my wife has to be strictly Gluten Free, will the concierge help us make arrangements for this? not had a concierge before. I know we can speak to the maitre d but also would like to be able to get Gluten free room service

Thanks all for your help and input 🥰

It is all one big lounge.  Restaurant on one side lounge on the other.  Bar area in the middle.    Waiters at ck go to sl bar to get drinks.  You can do that too if you want.  

Kids are allowed in the CK anytime.  They would be bored in the SL at night but never seen them booted.  

Your toiletries will be replenished I’m sure.  

Notify Royal pre cruise your dietary restrictions.   Tell the restaurant manager in the ck and remind every waiter just in case.  Don’t leave it up to chance.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 11:21 AM, Booking It said:

Lucky you! Enjoy! Though your future cruises are about to get very expensive. From what I hear, once you get a taste of the suite life, it’s hard to go back! 😁

#FACT! Our last cruise March 2020 (disembarked March 16th) - the last set of cruises on the water before COVID shut it all down, we stayed in a Crown Loft Suite. Dammit if nothing else compares now. We had to cancel our January 2022 cruise due to the regulations in Canada tightening again and just not feeling comfortable travelling, and have rebooked for the end of April 2022 - both were booked in Crown Loft Suites. We used to stay in balcony rooms, and loved those, but we were way too spoiled the last time. Our neighbouring room on that March 2020 ship said they had won a royal up in the Crown Loft Suite previously, and could never book less than that again (unless they were on a ship that didn't have the Crown Loft Suites). The treatment, the rooms, the space, the ease, the perks, it's all SO worth it. Congrats on your upgrade - enjoy yourselves!! Just don't say you weren't warned. LOL!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Did Symphony restart the 11-11? We were on her Sept and Nov and it was not available.

HI there, Just to be clear, are you saying that you have been on this ship twice in the last 5 months and both times they did not give free drinks in the Suites Lounge between those hours, and there wasn't an alternative offered?

If so, thats quite a big perk removed 😞

9 hours ago, mashisback said:

HI there, Just to be clear, are you saying that you have been on this ship twice in the last 5 months and both times they did not give free drinks in the Suites Lounge between those hours, and there wasn't an alternative offered?

If so, thats quite a big perk removed 😞

Received our welcome letter from the concierge yesterday. Only times free drinks are offered is during evening happy hours 5-8 along with hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary wine, spirits, beer and soft drinks. During the rest of the day coffee & tea are available.

Edited by ace1zoe2

3 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Received our welcome letter from the concierge yesterday. Only times free drinks are offered is during evening happy hours 5-8 along with hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary wine, spirits, beer and soft drinks. During the rest of the day coffee & tea are available.

Thanks for this. I haven't had contact from the concierge yet, maybe they know im a plain old balcony guy trying to blend into suite class 🤣

I think I am going to have to stock up through these times to last me the night... may just take a few empty bottles/ sealable mugs or similar and just get a little stash going.

I am guessing it would be frowned upon to do this? I wouldn't have cancelled my drinks package if I knew I couldn't get drinks most of the day, but now I have lost the 40% discount on the drinks package & I can't bring myself to pay nearer full price.

8 minutes ago, mashisback said:

Thanks for this. I haven't had contact from the concierge yet, maybe they know im a plain old balcony guy trying to blend into suite class 🤣

I think I am going to have to stock up through these times to last me the night... may just take a few empty bottles/ sealable mugs or similar and just get a little stash going.

I am guessing it would be frowned upon to do this? I wouldn't have cancelled my drinks package if I knew I couldn't get drinks most of the day, but now I have lost the 40% discount on the drinks package & I can't bring myself to pay nearer full price.

We did a Royal Up for this suite. We have stayed a couple of other times that we booked originally. Luckily we are D+ with 5 drinks per day now so that will take care of us. They ask you not to take any beverages from the suite lounge. It's a nice place to hang out and have a drink or two before or after dinner. You'll meet nice people and the Coastal Kitchen is really nice too.

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 11:00 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

I've gotten the emails before but always disregarded them. Brilliant way to upsell though I must admit. 

I have never gotten emails to RoyalUp…but I did this time…and just got notified via email our bid was accepted.  We bid the minimum amount so woohoo….I am anxious to experience a GS.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CRUIS4ME said:

I have never gotten emails to RoyalUp…but I did this time…and just got notified via email our bid was accepted.  We bid the minimum amount so woohoo….I am anxious to experience a GS.   

GS's are great, ample space and great perks. You'll love it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I didnt think it was worth starting a new thread just for this one question.

Do Junior Suite guests get free drinks through happy hour? I know they can book dinner in coastal Kitchen so was wondering if they also get the free drinks as well as they will be in the suites lounge/coastal kitchen at this time?

24 minutes ago, mashisback said:

Do Junior Suite guests get free drinks through happy hour? I know they can book dinner in coastal Kitchen so was wondering if they also get the free drinks as well as they will be in the suites lounge/coastal kitchen at this time?

Unfortunately, no.

JS has no access to the suite lounge.

No free drinks at CK, unless you have the drink package or D and above.

You will also have to knock on the door to enter CK...your seapass won't open the door. Heyn, the asst. maitre d', will ask you to make reservations for dinner every night...dinner not guaranteed for JS passengers.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mashisback said:

No, JS are not allowed in the SL at all.  You only get dinner (with reservation) in the CK no breakfast/lunch.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mashisback said:

Haven’t done a JS on a CK ship (only GS and above cabins), but have met a couple that we later saw at dinner in the CK who were in a JS.  They said they were provided free drinks during dinner.  Server probably didn’t know the difference.  This was pre Covid so process may be different now and it may be harder for a server to accidentally provide free drinks.  Be prepared to buy them, but you might get lucky with a free glass of wine with dinner.  

As others stated, you won’t get to be in the SL otherwise to enjoy happy hour.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2022 at 11:06 PM, MLP12 said:

How far out is your cruise?  I was wondering when you were notified that you won your bid.  I bid for an upgrade on Harmony, but haven't heard anything yet.  Still 71 days out.  

Already been on the cruise, it was amazing and im in love with the coastal kitchen and suite lounge, it really made my trip so much better, this is why I am enquiring about using them with a Junior Suite.. to try work out how I can get back on another cruise without losing those perks 😄

I got the answer for the Royal up about 2 weeks before departing x

on our first 2 cruises, on the freedom of the seas, we had a promenade interior, they were nice for a first cruise. then we got a balcony on the allure if the seas and we thought that was really great. we did thanksgiving cruise on the independence of the seas and had a grand suite. that was really great. then we fid an owners suite on the harmony of the seas. all of those rooms were great, but then we really went over the top and had a 2 bedroom aqua suite on the symphony of the seas. we are so spoiled now, it would be hard to go below a grand suite. the size of the room alone is wonderful.