Has anyone received a X POSTTHANKU email since the resumption of cruising?

Luvcrusn

Previous to the cruising shut down in March 2020 we always received a POSTTHANKU email that offered a discount of $50 - $250 dollars for a new cruise booking as a thank you for sailing with them. We didn't receive one after our most recent cruise. I'm wondering if they stopped these due to world cruising circumstances or whether we just didn't get one. Thanks in advance for your input.

Edited by Luvcrusn

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Maybe Celebrity doesn't like me or my memory is failing, but I don't remember ever receiving this type of discount.

Same here, haven’t ever received such an email since our first Celebrity cruise in 2004!

No.   That promo code is no longer available.   I believe you used to get it only if you didn't purchase a future cruise onboard.   I would always ask my TA to apply the code whether or not I received the email.  It worked for several years.

27 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe you used to get it only if you didn't purchase a future cruise onboard.  

We have never booked a future cruise on board or been sent an C POSTTHANKU  email.

I suspect it’s something that Celebrity UK didn’t take part in.

Different T&C always meant we lost deposits as well if we cancelled.

25 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

We have never booked a future cruise on board or been sent an C POSTTHANKU  email.

I suspect it’s something that Celebrity UK didn’t take part in.

Different T&C always meant we lost deposits as well if we cancelled.

I suspect you're correct on that account. We are in the US,  We only received the POSTTHANKU emails when we didn't book onboard, which we rarely do because we're often unsure of when we are able to travel next. (We got burned with doing an undetermined sailing and will never do that again, but that's a whole other topic.)  I was curious to know if X was still doing it. We were onboard Reflection when cruising shut down in March of 2020 and our cruise was cut short and returned to port, so it was obviously not going to happen after that cruise! We didn't receive one after our cruise ended in December, so I thought I'd ask the question. 

It strikes me as strange that so many have never gotten the POSTTHANKU emails. We have consistently received them over many years (except since the Covid pause and resumption of cruising) when not booking while onboard. We always use a TA and live in the US. I have gotten them sometimes the day we disembark or within a few weeks of disembarkation.

Not lately but it was useless.  We would book a few future cruises during our cruise and then when  we got home we would get it.  It had to be used in by a certain date and for new bookings only.   Wish we would have received it before the cruise.   

The same would happen after we spent a week in Vegas at the Wynn or Bellagio.  .  A few days after our trip we would receive offers for free rooms for the following week.  Thanks but I am not going back so soon for various reasons

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅