Cabana Pricing at Perfect Day

47 minutes ago, lfreda said:

Simple answer is yes they are expensive and those prices seem to be typical.

Ok thanks for confirming , I wasn’t expecting it to be cheap however I do feel they are particularly high especially when you hear what many on YouTube claim to have paid for them.

You can catch some great deals, but overwater cabanas seem to stay around $1800 USD. We were VERY lucky to snag one for $799 USD last September. But that was with the Adventure being the only ship and we were around 30% capacity so not the typical amount of people. I would say just keep watching the pricing, ours dropped about a week before sailing so you never know!

PS-the overwater cabana was amazing. Not sure if it's $1800 amazing, but we LOVED it

• Thanks 1

pricing is insane on coco cay . for my trip 1700 for over the water cabana with no AC, no bathroom, no bed etc etc. even if i was rich. id never give royal that 1700 because it's simply not worth it compared to whats next door. 2 beds, AC, tv bathroom etc etc. 

for comparison i did some research with ncl. 1100 for this: 

The ultimate island escape is our Lagoon 2-Bedroom Family Suite at Silver Cove, ideal for multiples - families or a group of friends to spend a day and relax together in a modern oasis that comfortably house up to 16 guests.

Each Villa offers A/C, in villa TV with complimentary on-demand movies, full private restroom, a retractable glass wall providing unobstructed views and access to the private beach. Located within the Silver Cove, a private area featuring secluded, pristine beaches: upgraded buffet and posh Mandara Spa.

Each 2 Bedroom Villa features two private suites, larger common dining room table, with complimentary dining in the Silver Cove Buffet or food and beverage service for guests who wish to enjoy refreshments in the privacy of their villa. Reserve a villa and you’ll have everything you need to enjoy a great day on the Cay.

https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/NPI_48/Lagoon-2-Bedroom-Family-Suite-at-Silver-Cove ?destination=Bahamas+Cruises%2CBermuda+Cruises%2CCaribbean+Cruises%2CTransatlantic+Cruises%2CWeekend+Cruises&port=NPI&sort=price&sortOrder=desc&perPage=12

• Thanks 1

Black Friday had great deals on chill island and south beach cabanas ($399).  Beach club cabanas didn’t come down in price at all during that sale. Best deal I’ve seen on overwater cabanas  was on my September 2022 Allure sailing ($1049) when ship was first for sale. It’s now priced at the standard $1600.  Beach club land cabanas usually go for for about $1200, thrill island usually ranges $599-$999.  

6 hours ago, KG1924 said:

You can catch some great deals, but overwater cabanas seem to stay around $1800 USD. We were VERY lucky to snag one for $799 USD last September. But that was with the Adventure being the only ship and we were around 30% capacity so not the typical amount of people. I would say just keep watching the pricing, ours dropped about a week before sailing so you never know!

PS-the overwater cabana was amazing. Not sure if it's $1800 amazing, but we LOVED it

Yup I remember those prices. On my Cruises they were also running $799 over water and other 3 areas were all $399ea... Rates always different, Ship, Date, even week to week on same Ship can be big difference.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Odyssey Feb 26 was changed from Nassau to CocoCay last Friday (was originally Grand Cayman), finally posted the excursions sometime this evening. I have never seen cabana prices this high!! Even from pre-COVID. However, I only have limited data points.

Today's prices:

Over Water - $1900

Coco Beach Club - $1500

Chill Island / Oasis Lagoon - $1200

South Beach / Thrill Water Park - $1000

Dec 2019 (Symphony) We had Oasis Lagoon booked for under $500 (that was a sale), but it was too windy and we couldn't dock.

We had booked a Chill Island for $800 on a Nov 2020 Transatlantic on Allure that was obviously cancelled due to COVID. Not sure if that was a "sale" price or not.

In early November (Freedom), we paid just $600 for Coco Beach Club (third time's the charm!), and I don't recall there being a sale for that price either. Even if it was on sale, the sale was not 60% off!! And this was the higher capacity weekend one, not the lower capacity week day one. Plus Odyssey was here the same day!

And whether sale or no sale, I really do not remember seeing the cabanas listed this high at any time in my cruise planners. Maybe $1700 for Over Water?? $1200 Coco Beach Club?? and $1000 for Chill Island and Oasis??

Crazy

I think all the cabana prices are absolutely insane... but people keep paying them, and as long as Royal can keep generating pure profit at that level, they're going to keep charging those rates.  

With all the numbers of loungers and umbrellas that are available for free now on Coco Cay, I just can't see the reason to spend the money on the cabana (at least for me personally). 

The beach bungalows at Labadee were reasonably priced before COVID (haven't checked since they started going there again), but the cabana prices at Labadee had gotten out of control, too. 

But like I said, as long as people will keep paying for it, Royal will keep charging it.  Those huts don't cost hardly anything to build, so after the first week of use, they're all paid in full and generating pure profit for Royal's bottom line.

• Like 4

I agree that the prices are generally insane. It truly was a perfect day for us though. We were the only over water cabana in our section in the Beach Club, so we had incredible service and our server and the lifeguards were explaining all about the tides and the sea life that comes in a specific times. We saw a bunch of sharks and a ton of huge stingrays (we actually swam along with them a bit...they kept their distance!) It was amazing weather and what felt like a once in a lifetime experience. I think the pricing works best for a group of course, which we had 7 people.

Keep in mind, we really don't spend much once we're on cruises. We have our drink package and I think the only thing we purchase on board is a ship ornament (this was our 3rd time on Adventure so we didn't even get that this time) So this, even at such a low price was a splurge for us. I think the fact that it was our first real trip since the start of Covid made us go for it and we know our days of traveling with my parents is starting to wind down. It's nice to live a little every once in awhile 🙂

• Like 2

this is not including the tip, correct?  These prices for 7-8 hours for an island with free food, beds,and umbrellas is more than what I paid for a boardwalk balcony on the Symphony plus airfare for my upcoming February cruise.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cindyscruise said:

Are those NCL prices per person.  It says adult from 1100.  Did not say per villa.

Note: Price listed is per villa (not per person) therefore only one person needs to reserve the villa. Villa rental is good for up to a maximum of 16 guests, with the ability to add up to four additional guests at an additional charge of $49 per person. “Prices vary by ship and sail date”. Guests who go ashore do so with the understanding that they will be mixing with members of the general public.

7 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Sooooo not worth it......IMHO

To each their own. It is all relative. I think it also depends on how many people you have. We are a family of 7 with spouses and fiancés, so per person, it is not that much. I have gone on excursions for more.  We have had the $1,699 OTW cabana booked twice now, both canceled, but will book it in a heartbeat next time we cruise. 

I just purchased 2 day park to park tickets for Universal Orlando, for the 7 of us and it was WAY more than the cabana.  Now $1,699 to lounge around and be waited on with filet and lobster while sipping on an umbrella drink sounds like a bargain and paradise to me.

I got a chill island cabana for $299 on my Oasis simulation cruise last August! HAHA  I'll never see that again.  They were running around $1,200 for my last Harmony cruise.  I'm willing to pay $500 for one in the future but not $1,200!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 4:45 PM, luckyinpa said:

Note: Price listed is per villa (not per person) therefore only one person needs to reserve the villa. Villa rental is good for up to a maximum of 16 guests, with the ability to add up to four additional guests at an additional charge of $49 per person. “Prices vary by ship and sail date”. Guests who go ashore do so with the understanding that they will be mixing with members of the general public.

649 here for 2bedroom. gotta be a mistake

https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/NPI_48/Lagoon-2-Bedroom-Family-Suite-at-Silver-Cove?destination=Bahamas+Cruises%2CBermuda+Cruises%2CCaribbean+Cruises%2CEurope+Cruises%2CPanama+Canal+Cruises%2CRepositioning+Cruises%2CSouth+America+Cruises%2CTransatlantic+Cruises%2CWeekend+Cruises&port=NPI&sort=searchWeight&sortOrder=asc&perPage=12&startingRecord=12

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 6:28 PM, cured said:

To each their own. It is all relative. I think it also depends on how many people you have. We are a family of 7 with spouses and fiancés, so per person, it is not that much. I have gone on excursions for more.  We have had the $1,699 OTW cabana booked twice now, both canceled, but will book it in a heartbeat next time we cruise. 

I just purchased 2 day park to park tickets for Universal Orlando, for the 7 of us and it was WAY more than the cabana.  Now $1,699 to lounge around and be waited on with filet and lobster while sipping on an umbrella drink sounds like a bargain and paradise to me.

100% agree with you that it is all relative.  When we sail NCL we usually book the Haven but we still buy Vibe passes because there are no kids allowed. People find that insane but that is important to us and worth the money.  

• Like 1