Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

3 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Isn't there still a computer station area someplace on the ship? 

There may be. Have never looked. I tend to check e-mails before changing for breakfast and always copy photos to the hard drive each evening. so having my own is what I works best for me. We drive to the port; bringing it and a mini-mouse is no problem. DH has always used mine but complains because it isn't set up the same way his is. DUH!!! Hope he brings his so I don't have to listen to complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 4.7.0 is now available.

"We've made several enhancements to the new inbox feature and fixed several bugs to make your experience even better."

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

• 1 month later...

Version 4.9.0 is now available.

"We've made several enhancements to the new inbox feature and fixed several bugs to make your experience even better."

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2022 at 1:21 PM, RuthC said:

Isn't there still a computer station area someplace on the ship? 
I have never brought my laptop, yet have used the computer every day aboard going back a couple of decades. I use the ones provided. 

The Zuiderdam had one, with a printer attached, on deck 1, across from guest services next to the future cruise desk.     The Koningsdam had one with a printer in the crows nest. 

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

The Zuiderdam had one, with a printer attached, on deck 1, across from guest services next to the future cruise desk.     The Koningsdam had one with a printer in the crows nest. 

Thanks for the confirmation that I will still be able to connect with the outside world. 

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

One computer on the koningsdam? No, there was 6.  I had a friend ask me about this so I specifically looked.  It was just in front of the exploration cafe.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Version 4.10.0 is now available.

31 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

If you look early in the thread, it tells you. Uninstall, then reinstall from whichever app store you use.

I was hoping there would be some way to avoid having to uninstall then reinstall,

Jane

16 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I was hoping there would be some way to avoid having to uninstall then reinstall,

Jane

I just did my tablet. Start to finish was under 10 minutes, probably closer to 5 minutes. Didn't even have to log in after the reinstall. 

• Like 1

Just updated mine on Samsung S7e.  Did not uninstall, but checked current version (4.9.0) went to Play Store, selected Navigator selected update and two minutes later it is showing version 4.10.0.  My next cruise in showing, my itinerary is showing and dinner reservations are showing.

Why do people mention 'uninstalling'?  It does not appear to be necessary.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Just updated mine on Samsung S7e.  Did not uninstall, but checked current version (4.9.0) went to Play Store, selected Navigator selected update and two minutes later it is showing version 4.10.0.  My next cruise in showing, my itinerary is showing and dinner reservations are showing.

It has been required on previous versions. Its very easy.

8 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

After reading this part of the thread I checked: My Samsung updated all by itself at May 16th. Works fine without uninstalling etc.

• Like 1

I booked a HAL cruise this past Friday, May 20th.  I logged in to the HAL website and created an account, and also downloaded the Navigator app for my iPhone.  When I log in to the HAL account or Navigator app, it says I do not have any cruises booked.  I called HAL and they can find my cruise using the booking confirmation number, so I know my cruise is booked.

Do you think it is just too early for the cruise to show up in Navigator and on the HAL website?  I have version 4.10 which I think is the current version.  Since I have confirmed that HAL has my cruise booked, it is not that big of a deal that it is not showing up, but I really would like the convenience of using the app if it will ever show my booking!

I have version 4.10 for my Galaxy S20 phone but I still can not find how to see the dining room menus for the entire cruise, it only shows one menu with no option for changing to daily viewing. I have same issue with my Galaxy S7 tablet too.  We are on the Oosterdam for 14 nights and want to see what the MDR has each day so that we can make our specialty restaurant bookings. This app still needs a lot of work and it not as efficient as the Celebrity app.

40 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I have version 4.10 for my Galaxy S20 phone but I still can not find how to see the dining room menus for the entire cruise, it only shows one menu with no option for changing to daily viewing. I have same issue with my Galaxy S7 tablet too.  We are on the Oosterdam for 14 nights and want to see what the MDR has each day so that we can make our specialty restaurant bookings. This app still needs a lot of work and it not as efficient as the Celebrity app.

it shows the menu for that day on the ship. You can screenshot a weeks worth of menus to give you a pretty good idea.

1 minute ago, Laminator said:

it shows the menu for that day on the ship. You can screenshot a weeks worth of menus to give you a pretty good idea.

But for what day, how do you change the days to see all the menus? 

Just now, terrydtx said:

But for what day, how do you change the days to see all the menus? 

The menu you see for today will be todays menu on the ship. Look again tomorrow and the menu will change to tomorrows menu on the ship. After one week you should have all 7 days of the week menus. 

14 minutes ago, Laminator said:

The menu you see for today will be todays menu on the ship. Look again tomorrow and the menu will change to tomorrows menu on the ship. After one week you should have all 7 days of the week menus. 

So today's menu will be the same as the same Tuesday day in August?  If this is the case, the app is worthless, why not give us the option to change days and see the menus all at one time?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

So today's menu will be the same as the same Tuesday day in August?  If this is the case, the app is worthless, why not give us the option to change days and see the menus all at one time?

I am not sure that it will be exactly the same but it should be pretty close. I am going on the Rotterdam Jun 5th. I have been checking the daily menus since Sunday to get a general idea. If you start checking 2 weeks before your cruise you will have a real good idea. Since the app can give you an idea it is not totally worthless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I wouldn't count on that.  As I recall the menus were different on the ship then on nav.  A couple days ago I saw someone suggest that a person look at menus from another cruise.  Cool trick.  They must have a totally different navigator than I do.  Mine is up to date.