Limes and CPAP

Johnc3211

We are getting liquor in room and want limes for drinks. Can I bring them in luggage? Where can I get them on ship? Also do I have to carry CPCP machine on ship or can I put in luggage. Canival website says carry on but wondered if allowed in luggage. Thanks

I don't know about limes (if you do take them, take them in your carry on to avoid questions).

Regarding your Cpap, carry it on!!  (1) It will trigger something in the x-ray, which will delay the arrival of your luggage.  (2) What would you do if your luggage is lost??  Are you prepared to sleep without it for your entire cruise and then pay to replace it when you return?  Insurance will not cover it if it is in check luggage. 

• Like 3

For the Alaska cruises in Seattle, anyone on Carnival that reported that they will be bringing on a CPAP machine is usually directed to guest services at check-in to confirm that they have their machine with them in hand.  If the passenger has their CPAP machine with them at guest services, they are checked-in and allowed to board.  If the passenger states that the CPAP machine is in their checked luggage, they are asked if the machine is a medical necessity (like could they die without it).  If they answer yes to the medical necessity question, then the passenger is asked to wait and longshore is directed to retrieve the checked luggage containing the CPAP machine.  Passenger then takes it out and carries the CPAP machine on to the ship.   

• Haha 1

You can put your CPAP in your luggage if you want to but it is at risk of being lost. It will work. I have done it on both an airplane and a cruise but I don't make it a habit. (I can sleep with out it for a few nights if I had too and I have a second machine that is brand new just in case.)

10 hours ago, famof4togo said:

I am assuming there will be cut up limes at the Blue Iguana location for you to grab from the salsa bar or that any bar will give you a few.

I noticed a full glass container of fresh limes at the Blue Iguana condiments station free for the taking.

With all of the Agricultural restrictions, I wouldn't carry them on the ship. And they'd confiscate your jackknife you'd need to cut them 😁

1 hour ago, Missouri travel girl said:

Really? I was told only distilled and on occasion i could use bottled water?

Don't take my word for it, I've only had a CPAP for the past 20 years while cruising as well. 

Distilled water helps with any impurities in normal tap water from accumulating inside your machine and especially in your water chamber.  The desalination process with the ships water means it's substantially better than your water at home and will be OK to use on your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Don't take my word for it, I've only had a CPAP for the past 20 years while cruising as well. 

Distilled water helps with any impurities in normal tap water from accumulating inside your machine and especially in your water chamber.  The desalination process with the ships water means it's substantially better than your water at home and will be OK to use on your cruise.

Quoted for truth.  

In fact, I have used a CPAP for ~20 years myself, using only tap water.  As of today, I am still not dead, nor have I ever experienced any negatives.  I don't let the water evaporate (some people might call this distilling) out completely, so there is no issue with calcification on the reservoir.  And, on the very rare instance that it does happen, a nice vinegar soak takes care of it promptly.  Which really, it's an excellent cleaning solution anyway.  Again, 20 years.  Not dead.  Never broke a CPAP..

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

For the Alaska cruises in Seattle, anyone on Carnival that reported that they will be bringing on a CPAP machine is usually directed to guest services at check-in to confirm that they have their machine with them in hand.  If the passenger has their CPAP machine with them at guest services, they are checked-in and allowed to board.  If the passenger states that the CPAP machine is in their checked luggage, they are asked if the machine is a medical necessity (like could they die without it).  If they answer yes to the medical necessity question, then the passenger is asked to wait and longshore is directed to retrieve the checked luggage containing the CPAP machine.  Passenger then takes it out and carries the CPAP machine on to the ship.   

We have done the Alaska cruise 3 times and never had to go to guest services with our CPAP machines nor have we had to do this on any cruise period. Alway carry on your machine luggage is occasionally misplaced

Related CPAP question: Do you need to declare you have a CPAP in advance before boarding? My wife doesn't plan on using it on the cruise. Going a week without it isn't a problem for her. But as the cruise is part of a longer trip she'll have it with her and she's reluctant to leave it in the car.