When is On-Line Check-In opening now

Jim_Iain

Curious if things have changed recently or whether it is just the cruises we are booked on.  It use to always be 90 Days prior to Cruise.   I tried searching and everything I pulled up was quoting 90 days.

We are on a B2B2B on Silhouette - April 8.  (64 Days from now).    It has not yet opened nor are the April 21 or April 30.

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if things have changed recently or whether it is just the cruises we are booked on.  It use to always be 90 Days prior to Cruise.   I tried searching and everything I pulled up was quoting 90 days.

We are on a B2B2B on Silhouette - April 8.  (64 Days from now).    It has not yet opened nor are the April 21 or April 30.

45 days prior on the March 28 Silhouette cruise.

I am sure by now Jim that you know that X has the worst IT department.

You can check on the X app or on X’s website and try checking in.   Both are a case where the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.  

As I have gone thru this it is very frustrating.  

All I can suggest is to keep trying.   After you can and do check in you will be flooded daily with voice mails and emails telling you that you haven’t filled out your vaccination status. 

It should be easier 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It is 45 days and I have found it very easy to check in on the app. When we uploaded the  vax cards it took a week +/- for them to be verified.  I ignore the emails and when I got a phone call about vax status I told the rep it had been uploaded and verified and the emails stopped.

I get a ton of junk email ( I don’t really care what more Alexa can do for me or what points I can get for getting a hotel, airline, car rental branded credit card) I delete those email just like I do all the others and don’t give it another thought.

We were scheduled on a Feb 21 sailing but canceled before final payment.  Out of curiosity, I would periodically check the Celebrity app and noted that sailing remaining on the app's opening page... and if I selected "check in", it would display a message that it was not yet ready for check-in.  On the day that the check-in was finally available, the sailing finally dropped off my app... only displaying some future sailings we have.

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm on the Silhouette TA too and am convinced that I previously saw 22 Feb 22 shown as the online check-in date on my Celebrity account, but can't find it now.  I've definitely seen it somewhere, and shown as the actual date, it isn't that I worked it out as 45 days back from sail date.

I did mine the other day at the 45 day mark.  I actually set my alarm for midnight to get a good time. We got 10:30 boarding.  Interestingly, my app also shows the original trip that we had which was leaving today.  When I went to check in thinking it was the new trip, it said it was too late to check in.  I didn't realize it was still showing the one from today (even thought that one was changed to March).

50 minutes ago, dateacher said:

I did mine the other day at the 45 day mark.  I actually set my alarm for midnight to get a good time. We got 10:30 boarding.  Interestingly, my app also shows the original trip that we had which was leaving today.  When I went to check in thinking it was the new trip, it said it was too late to check in.  I didn't realize it was still showing the one from today (even thought that one was changed to March).

Top marks for enthusiasm!! 😀

1 hour ago, dateacher said:

Your reply fascinated me. So does the time you  check in online relate to boarding time given, or have I misunderstood your reply? 

16 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

Your reply fascinated me. So does the time you  check in online relate to boarding time given, or have I misunderstood your reply? 

When we checked in we were asked to select a boarding time, which started with a slot for 10.30 to 11.00am, which we took. You’d think after so many had taken the 10.30 option it would be withdrawn and people who check in later would have less choice. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for reminding me, check in Feb 9th for me per the app for my March 29 Apex..

Where exactly where is the vaccine upload at?  I have answered an email saying we are vaccinated

Edited by PTC DAWG

5 minutes ago, Newbury newbie said:

When we checked in we were asked to select a boarding time, which started with a slot for 10.30 to 11.00am, which we took. You’d think after so many had taken the 10.30 option it would be withdrawn and people who check in later would have less choice. 

Thanks, didn’t realise this. 

2 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

Thanks, didn’t realise this. 

You can choose any time to board as long as they still show on the list.  Not everyone wants to be the first on like us. Also, if you don't get the time you want, check back every few days.  On the cruise before this one, I could only get 12:30 but a few days later the 10:30 became available.

8 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The app will tell you the specific date. It's been 45 days for quite a while now. 

That is why I was originally asking.   When I checked the app it said -

"Fun on the horizon"

"We are still gathering all the cruise fun, check in not open yet.  Check back closer to your sail date for updates."

I guess I'll just wait a couple more weeks and check back.

4 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

I've found that you have a better chance of getting an early checkin time if you do your on-line checking early.   Last time I took a last minute cruise so earliest was 2:00 pm but later more slots opened up for 11:30. 

• Like 1

Jim I got that message when I just clicked on the Checkin coin on the first screen.  I swiped to get to the page with your names and cabin number then on that page there is a way to checkin.   That's where the actual checkin date was displayed.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Jim I got that message when I just clicked on the Checkin coin on the first screen.  I swiped to get to the page with your names and cabin number then on that page there is a way to checkin.   That's where the actual checkin date was displayed.

Thanks -- more hidden "Undocumented Features" of the app.    When I was in Software Development that's what we called a bug to our Customers.  LOL

You are indeed correct and when I go there it says open on February 22 -   So exactly 45 days.

Thanks for taking the time to point me to it.

• Like 1

I managed a group that did this type of App.  After several years I still consider it about Beta quality and certainly could use a usability engineer (who I used to hate).

I have called the Shoreside Concierge a couple of times to get them to report bugs but nothing ever gets fixed.

• Like 1