The Daily for Friday 02/04/2022

richwmn

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Julia.

I was asked on another thread about our afternoon tea in the sky bar at the Hotel Burj Al Arab in Dubai so these were some photos from my TripAdvisor review.

We had been on RC Vision of the seas in February 2017 and had a couple of nights post cruise in Dubai.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220202_200925.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200824.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200849.jpg

Thanks @grapau27 Graham. Tea there was a highlight of our return stop in Dubai from our Rovos Rail Africa Train Trip. Booking the tea meant we didn’t have to have tickets to go to the top and still have to wait hours in line. We were whisked straight up. 
4DDD22C3-A533-4149-B318-4679452C9E17.thumb.jpeg.28dad32810e08ab9c10353c99f4457c0.jpegFD44BE3F-CB01-49C9-9238-03A2ADC23ED8.thumb.jpeg.0bca6c505ab9a0c62606179e16158e28.jpeg3EF9034C-B38C-472B-B3ED-AFBB1CC16182.thumb.jpeg.ecea26268f247b034fbec00f5b965292.jpeg7A07767A-F4ED-493B-A58D-C24D94076259.thumb.jpeg.6d5a96b0a165a872fe5b6f9810f951c4.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 9

11 minutes ago, Suslor said:

Thanks @grapau27 Graham. Tea there was a highlight of our return stop in Dubai from our Rovos Rail Africa Train Trip. Booking the tea meant we didn’t have to have tickets to go to the top and still have to wait hours in line. We were whisked straight up. 
4DDD22C3-A533-4149-B318-4679452C9E17.thumb.jpeg.28dad32810e08ab9c10353c99f4457c0.jpegFD44BE3F-CB01-49C9-9238-03A2ADC23ED8.thumb.jpeg.0bca6c505ab9a0c62606179e16158e28.jpeg3EF9034C-B38C-472B-B3ED-AFBB1CC16182.thumb.jpeg.ecea26268f247b034fbec00f5b965292.jpeg7A07767A-F4ED-493B-A58D-C24D94076259.thumb.jpeg.6d5a96b0a165a872fe5b6f9810f951c4.jpeg

Lovely photos Suslor.

We both had amazing views from the top of the Burj Al Arab.

Graham.

• Like 15

Good morning and thanks all!  @dfishThe fish looks very interesting and I love stuffed mushrooms,  Boursin cheese is an easy go to.
 @kazu the moose had me laughing out loud!  Hope the snow stops soon,yikes! 
@mamaofami unbelievable, I hope things settle soon! 
@luvteaching so sorry about your DH!  Hope things improve soon! Great idea about the mattress! 
Dh bought me an early Valentines gift,  love tropical flowers.

0C741E3E-6D2B-4AC5-9DFC-F75DDEC82D16.jpeg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Not-so-positives: Wednesday evening 911 was called as DH was talking in gibberish for most of his words. Off he went via medic unit to the local hospital in a freezing rain. I stayed home and talked to the hospital then went in yesterday morning. He got into the ER at 1:00 AM and we finally were admitted (after tests including an MRI) at 3:00 PM. For most of the time he was the only one in the ER. He can get some intelligible words out and then it dissolves into nonsense. He uses inflections, etc. so you know he's asking a question or excited about something. His MRI isn't showing anything so still no reason for this. I'm heading in shortly (I'm allowed in) and will encourage looking at infections, etc. We shall see. I just talked to the nurse and he's eating well and in good spirits but his speech is still garbled. 

Oh dear, Karen 😢 So sorry to hear this.  You are wise to encourage checking for infections and anything else that might help.  I pray the doctors can help him and he can recover 🙏🏻 

• Like 27

Good morning from sunny Quartzsite where our wind is just a breeze and our temperatures are beginning to warm.

An interesting collection of days.  Instead of creating a vacuum, i'm using mine today since the house is in desperate need of cleaning. If there is time this afternoon, I need to start cleaning the patio and yard after our winds.  I quit chewing any type of gum when I got an implant and a crown about 20 years ago.  I love stuffed mushrooms but have never made them.

Will pass on thee meal, drink and wine. We have not been to Mozambique -- yet.

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

Interesting collection of days.  No bubble gum here & not skilled to create a vacuum, love stuffed mushrooms but alas I have none in the house right now.  No one is going anywhere in this stormy mess so I will have to celebrate another day.

9EC07DDB-EAE3-4F10-B701-B945CA70F8F6.thumb.jpeg.3ed012841b628365b3f972c11243bda9.jpeg

Like the quote and the meal sounds good.  If our power holds, I’d be tempted to try it.

We have another major storm for the 4th time in 5 weekends.  Warnings are already in effect to stay off the roads, schools & businesses closed and long power outage warnings issued.  Southern New Brunswick is being projected to get 60 cm (2’ ) of snow.  It looks more like icy snow to me.  Oh well, as long as it doesn’t change to freezing rain 🤞 

C19A6FB6-AA6D-42BE-8A3C-2147CB56C45A.jpeg.ffa797042ccf40588766ddc298dc9987.jpeg

I feel for anyone who has been in the path of this very lengthy storm.  Hope everyone is safe.

ED46E8C9-9ECC-407B-B5CA-51935DAC2F5E.jpeg.1b0f29c4a8dafab0a187cc73328037d3.jpeg

@ger_77I know you’re not in Winnipeg but since they are in the frozen tundra, I thought of you when I saw this one.

004647A7-7926-46FD-83D0-FB1A227A512D.jpeg.6cbcb6fd591175b44e8927b546606b73.jpeg

Hopefully I will hear on Marley’s blood test today and will have to call DH - no way can I get into the hospital in this stuff until it stops and things are really cleaned up.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Friday everyone !!!!!!

E2114FB4-90B2-4E43-825C-E5FC3CB59F7F.thumb.jpeg.d2c8b2bb649c77f624da7e2cdfa31daa.jpeg

Stay safe (and especially those in the path of the storm) and please don’t forget your 😷 

Jacqui, I also think you are sounding more upbeat, and I think being able to spend time with Jose after such a long absence and after all you've been through made the difference.  Love the Canada memes, especially the moose.  Take care of yourself and stay safe.

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Sam came home last night after our lengthy usual fight with the hospital ER admitting doctor who always orders a PT eval after 4pm when PT is closed for the day. I am on a first page name basis with the patient advocate who goes to bat for us each time to get him released without the PT eval he doesn’t need. Yesterday, 4 hours after his cardiologist said he could leave, they finally let him go without feeding him all day and when he got home we discovered they hadn’t listed his meds taken there and when we called they said he was dismissed and they no longer had a record. We had to hope we weren’t doubling up on anything.

We’re expecting an ice storm today.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Carol, I know hospitals are short staffed and workers are overwhelmed, but good grief, the ER's oversight in not sending needed information home with Sam and then not giving it to when you called is not only wrong, but dangerous.  Hope the coming days are better.

4 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning everyone. A beautiful morning here. It is already 65 here! What a difference from Sunday morning. 

Inside and outside chore day. Need to trim some of the plants damaged by last weekend’s freeze. And I foresee a long walk in Bindi’s future. 

The animal series continues….

5E81CB6B-C646-437A-B0ED-B03DC84732A4.jpeg.936c7fb9198afb4a3811119816832dc6.jpeg

526868D0-A381-4E71-826D-C81A96458FA6.jpeg.2de9e297d8d480f6ba040d047c8b850f.jpeg

77C53F00-7454-442C-9502-1D55F35E73DD.jpeg.ffd23d7d1cd3d989e13853295564e92f.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

laboure-roi chablis 1er cru
Good to very good ratings are assigned to this somewhat elusive Chablis. A bit too expensive to tempt me. A few online distributors with prices starting at $45.99.

Distributor Notes

The wines of Chablis are renowned far beyond french borders. The downside: The very name Chablis is spoofed on five continents, often to describe wines of low quality. Close to the vineyards of Champagne, Chablis appellation covers the eponymous village and the 19 municipalities and hamlets that surround it. Made of Chardonnay grown on Kimmeridgian limestone hillsides, the wines owe their character to the nature of the climate, cool and mainly continental - cold winters, warm summers. There are four appellations, Chablis Petit Chablis, Chablis, Chablis Premier Cru and at the top, Chablis Grand Cru. In total, the vineyards of Chablis cover 4845 hectares, what means 17.5% of the total area of the Burgundian vineyard. Often of a pale color with hints of green, the wines of Chablis offer a nice freshness in their youth. After a few years of cellar, they become round and develop a large aromatic panel consisting mainly of fresh fruits, white flowers and dried fruit. The mineral aromas, of flint in particular, are also one of their main characteristics. The best climates are Montée de Tonnerre, Fourchaume, Mont de Milieu, Butteaux and Léchet. 

Ann, love the memes, especialy the dachsunds and the tennis balls.  Our dachshunds loved to play with tennis balls.

4 hours ago, 0106 said:

In honor of stuffed mushroom day, a few facts about mushrooms I learned in Kennett Square PA. 

·       Mushrooms are the #1 cash crop in PA.

·       One acre of land can produce 1 million pounds of mushrooms annually

·       Mushrooms are good for you.  They can help in the fight against cancer; they have anti- aging properties; they can reduce the odds of cognitive decline.

My favorite stuffed mushroom recipe includes MD crab meat.

We lived in mushroom country in Delaware and Pennsylvania for many years, so we know as Paul Harvey usednto say, "the rest od the story".

4 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all!

It’s a balmy 14 degrees, but at least it stopped snowing. It looks like we got about about 9-10 inches. Love the comment @superomathat your main roads are clear of 10 inches. Not so here. In fact one of our issues is that our main road is also a state highway, we have to wait for the state to plow it and we are low on their list apparently. So it usually works that you struggle to get out of your subdivision, have nice clear side streets and then turn onto Telegraph Rd (aka Hwy 231) and plow through the mess. 

I will take a pass on the days and the food although the drink sounds good and I rarely reject a wine 😉. The description of bubblegum day from @grapau27 reminded me that our kids won’t be chewing gum in school today because, with the bad weather, they’ve switched to a half day of virtual learning after which they can go sledding.

I have not been to Mozambique, but I have a lot of friends who have traveled there. My church here in Missouri has something called the Mozambique Initiative where we pledge to support individual pastors or whole churches. My church paid the salary of one pastor for quite a few years. Some have traveled there to meet the friends they made. One thing that stayed with me was the comment that when it’s time for the church offering, Mozambicans come down the aisle singing and dancing, they are so happy to give their offering. That does not happen at my church. One friend said, after church, one of the farmers came to him and gave him a live chicken to take back to his church in St Louis, because that man wanted to help. Poor Tom, what a dilemma, delighted for the gift, but knowing he could not get a live chicken on the plane. Looking forward to any pictures shared.

Prayers for all on our care list 🙏 and a toast to celebrations everywhere 🍷.

Take care all,

St Louis Sal

Hope your main road is cleared soon.

56 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning everyone, 

It's a somewhat wet morning here in the Pacific Northwest. None of today's events speak to me but that's fine. 

Positives: DH had his last infusion last Friday and his PICC line out on Saturday. Monday DS came and almost finished the ramp. We still need a few more pickets and then the non-skid surface applied. Wednesday afternoon we had our new mattress and base delivered. This time I wrote the date on the tag so I'd know when I start thinking we need a new one (the date was 2/2/22). 

Not-so-positives: Wednesday evening 911 was called as DH was talking in gibberish for most of his words. Off he went via medic unit to the local hospital in a freezing rain. I stayed home and talked to the hospital then went in yesterday morning. He got into the ER at 1:00 AM and we finally were admitted (after tests including an MRI) at 3:00 PM. For most of the time he was the only one in the ER. He can get some intelligible words out and then it dissolves into nonsense. He uses inflections, etc. so you know he's asking a question or excited about something. His MRI isn't showing anything so still no reason for this. I'm heading in shortly (I'm allowed in) and will encourage looking at infections, etc. We shall see. I just talked to the nurse and he's eating well and in good spirits but his speech is still garbled. 

He keeps our life intersting! Have a good Friday everyone and I'll be checking back at the end of the day. I also get new tires installed on the car today so will leave the hospital for a couple of hours and then head back. 

Karen

Karen, I hope they find the cause if your DH's last problem soon.

45 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

It is 9:30....on a sunny bright day.... and the temp has made it up to 3F. Hate to think of what it was when Bandit and I ventured forth this morning at sunrise. Let us just say it was a very quick walk. Will head out again in about another hour.

Haven't been to today's destination.Never liked gum (my Mom was no fan and generally would not let us have it). The only thing I can really identify with today are the mushrooms which I love in any form.

Work is starting on our shelter with the electrical upgrade scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. We will have to shut down the shelter and the thrift store for about 4 hours. Glad to see things moving albeit slowly.

Take care all. Watch out for ice and other hazards.

Susan

Glad the work is beginning on the shelter, and sending positive thoughts that the weather cooperates until it's done.

Since the house is notmcleaning itself, I better get back to work.

Everyone in the path of the storm staymsafe.

Lenda

• Like 32

Today is World Cancer Day.

With that in mind may I, as the partner of a survivor, send greetings to all survivors and their relatives, with a virtual hug.

To those who have lost someone to cancer we extend sympathy and to those still fighting the disease, endless support. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 18

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Julia.

I was asked on another thread about our afternoon tea in the sky bar at the Hotel Burj Al Arab in Dubai so these were some photos from my TripAdvisor review.

We had been on RC Vision of the seas in February 2017 and had a couple of nights post cruise in Dubai.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220202_200925.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200824.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200849.jpg

Fab  photos Graham of you  and  your darling  Wife. That  tea  looks great.

Jim.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning everyone, 

It's a somewhat wet morning here in the Pacific Northwest. None of today's events speak to me but that's fine. 

Positives: DH had his last infusion last Friday and his PICC line out on Saturday. Monday DS came and almost finished the ramp. We still need a few more pickets and then the non-skid surface applied. Wednesday afternoon we had our new mattress and base delivered. This time I wrote the date on the tag so I'd know when I start thinking we need a new one (the date was 2/2/22). 

He keeps our life intersting! Have a good Friday everyone and I'll be checking back at the end of the day. I also get new tires installed on the car today so will leave the hospital for a couple of hours and then head back. 

Karen

I am so sorry  you both had to go through this. It is good that you MRI was negative .I am sure they will figure out what is wrong.

• Like 21

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

I used to chew bubble gum. I'll pass on creating a vacuum. I like stuffed mushrooms, if someone else makes them.

Funny quote.

I'll pass on fish, as usual. Pass on the drink and wine too. 

I haven't been to Mozambique. Thanks for any pictures.

It's snowing hard here, after freezing rain and sleet last night. Most schools are closed. The road restrictions on commercial vehicles has been lifted partially, since once snow started the highways could be plowed and salted. I'm just glad my power stayed on (knock wood). I'll wait until the snow stops to go out and clear the walks and sidewalk. I finally got an email today, that my Covid-19 home tests from the gov't have shipped and will arrive on Monday.

@kazu Stay safe. Sorry you can't get in to visit Jose today. I hope Marley's test is ok.

@mamaofami Sorry it's such a fight with the hospital; they need to make sure the meds he got are listed so you don't double dose him. SMH.

@luvteaching So sorry to hear about DH's garbled speech. I hope they figure out what's going on so they can treat it.

Prayers for the Care List and a toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone, from viruses and weather!

For @*Miss G*

IMG_1481.thumb.JPG.e5588ceb5c96cdcbdf1b215f3aa6213d.JPG

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Fab  photos Graham of you  and  your darling  Wife. That  tea  looks great.

Jim.

Thank you Jim.

Graham.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

Yes, snow is lovely to look at.  But not so great if you have to shovel it.😉

For sure ob that! We just got back in from clearing the snow humps that the grader leaves at the end of the driveway when they plow the streets. But we did get plowed! I really miss Florida this year!

• Like 24

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmn and also to Roy @rafinmdfor keeping the Care and Celebration Lists!

😊Today is a special day for me--it's my husband's special day--🎂his birthday. Later we will celebrate with the 'kids/grandkids" on one side and in a few weeks with the others.😊

🙏Prayers for all in need and Happy Friday.😎

Katie

FB_IMG_1644001343901.jpg

FB_IMG_1644001326446.jpg

FB_IMG_1643989178884.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, garlictown said:

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmn and also to Roy @rafinmdfor keeping the Care and Celebration Lists!

😊Today is a special day for me--it's my husband's special day--🎂his birthday. Later we will celebrate with the 'kids/grandkids" on one side and in a few weeks with the others.😊

Katie

FB_IMG_1644001343901.jpg

FB_IMG_1644001326446.jpg

FB_IMG_1643989178884.jpg

Happy Birthday Mr. @garlictown and I hope there are many more!  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, garlictown said:

Katie

FB_IMG_1644001343901.jpg

FB_IMG_1644001326446.jpg

FB_IMG_1643989178884.jpg

Happy birthday to your husband Katie.

Graham.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @grapau27 and @Suslor for the lovely photos of you at tea in the Hotel Burj Al Arab in Dubai.  It's very likely we'll never get there, so I'm enjoying the experience through your photos.

@luvteaching how distressing for you; I pray that the doctors are able to figure out hour DH's condition and he's back to his normal self quickly.

@VMax1700 thank you for the reminder of World Cancer Day; I lost my mom to cancer when she was only 72.  I think how much she would have been able to enjoy, had she lived healthfully to an old age.

@garlictown a very Happy Birthday to your DH with many returns of the day for him!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  The morning rain has turned to sleet this afternoon.  Glad I’m not leaving the house today and DH made it home safely.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion although @dfish pictures look good.  I think we are having BBQ.  Busy work week with several projects that need constant attention.  Hopefully it’s quiet for the rest of the afternoon.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.d18c4e2d5bab690e84b718ca940459a5.png

• Like 10
  • Haha 23

48 minutes ago, garlictown said:

Katie

FB_IMG_1644001343901.jpg

FB_IMG_1644001326446.jpg

FB_IMG_1643989178884.jpg

Wishing  your DH a fantastic  Birthday and lots  more.

Jim

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

We spent the morning trying to stay warm...

Because the four replacement windows we ordered at the end of August (for the upstairs) finally arrived and were installed this morning. It was between -1 and 7F outside! Between the window openings and all the traffic in and out of the house, it got rather cool. They started at 7:30 and finished around noon. 

The windows look great and are much more energy efficient. We had the exterior window brick moulding clad with aluminum so no second story painting of window trim!

• Like 28

Yesterday the gremlins got to me and I unable to open the Boards for several tries. I finally was able to open the boards so I could read but never was able to sign in.

The last few days have been sunny but cold for Arizona and quite windy. Today is more of the same however the wind is not as bad which is a good thing as I am having my roof re coated and some general caulking and re painting done.

Bubble gum was fun when I was a youngster,  I am a firm believer that nature abhors a vacuum but I love mushrooms raw, cooked and stuffed with almost anything, crab being my favorite. I will take a miss of the food and the drink of the day. I would love the wine but it is to costly for me. Thank you to all who are posting the cat meme's. They brighten my day.

@mamaofamiI would be very tempted to write to the Hospital Administrator telling what happened and let him/her know that it could be considered Medical Malpractice to send someone home from the E.R. without a written copy of any medications administered. 

@kazuI appreciate the meme's that you are posting for us and I hope that posting them is therapeutic for you.

@luvteaching I am adding your DH to my prayer list. This must be very frustrating for both of you.

Since this is World Cancer Day I will give a brief update re Kakalena. She is no longer able to drive or get about herself, her cancer is progressing faster than expected.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 19

Thank you for the daily report and care list.  Prayers for those in hospital and care units.  Happy birthday too. Love the cat memes and pics of foreign lands. I had a long relationship with the vacuum today. Last cleaning and mopping.  My cruise suitcases are ready for DF to load.  Two garbage cans of bird seed so the birds won't starve while we are gone.  Agreed people are being very lax. Just got my nails done. Of 15 customers in the salon only 3 we're masked.  I just got a MyChart message to schedule booster #2 in 2 weeks.  Immune compromised need another a 6 months according to American College of Rheumatology.  Will send pics from the road if all goes well.  

IMG_20220204_145933341.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1