"LIVE" Emerald Princess, Feb 12th to Feb 27th, LA to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

@coo359a2 Have you heard of any mention of testing us tomorrow pre-boarding?

Posted on your roll call that PSD said yes but have no idea if this is true or not. I guess we passed our test as no phone call yet and it has been 50 minutes since our nose swirling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for this thread. We will be following the thread and are on the following cruise, fingers crossed and God willing! This will be our much delayed 45th anniversary and certainly need a vacation. 😊🤞👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bjworm said:

Thank you for this thread. We will be following the thread and are on the following cruise, fingers crossed and God willing! This will be our much delayed 45th anniversary and certainly need a vacation. 😊🤞👍

We will be on for the next voyage also!  #back2back    And, Happy Anniversary!

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 3

On 2/10/2022 at 11:00 AM, phabric said:

Following along.  I am trying to decide if we should do FLL to LA or LA to FLL.

We've always sailed west to east just so we have a shorter trip home at the end...and also so we're in CA for at least one night beforehand and can go to In-N-Out  🙂

Edited by jsquared
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

@LACruiser88-

Thanks for doing this. We did the transit in January 2018 from LA to FL. We spent about 4 nights in Orlando, post cruise for seeing the sights. Our flight home was on Alaska from Orlando and was an easy non stop flight.

We will be on the Emerald in May (YAY! 3rd time is a charm) for British Isles cruise. We have never been on the Emerald, so I am looking forward to your impressions.

Our cruise was HOT and HUMID! We are wimps from the Pacific Northwest. We both grew up in S. CAl.

• Like 1

YUP... the port testing answered!!!

Drop your luggage, see one of the reps who will give you a yellow sticker "princess emblem with PANAMA CANAL".

Next you board a shuttle to a large white tent building (must have the yellow sticker on you).

At the tent, you fill out a short paper, and line up to get an orange card which will be your Covid result section after your nose swab. So far, everything went quickly. We are currently sitting in our group awaiting results.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jsquared said:

We've always sailed west to east just so we have a shorter trip home at the end...and also so we're in CA for at least one night beforehand and can go to In-N-Out  🙂

I’m not sure if you know this… If you want one slice of tomato just say tomato, two slices extra tomato, three slices extra extra tomato. Also mustard fried (burger) has a different flavor that’s very good too but if you don’t like pickles remember to say no pickles. You can even have your fries cooked longer if you want just let them know.  You’re welcome.  😊😊😊

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

You can even have your fries cooked longer if you want just let them know.

I love having the fries cooked longer. When you order you say “fries, well-done”. And we ask for “packets of spread” for our fries instead of ketchup. 2 packets is normally enough for one order of fries.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

I love having the fries cooked longer. When you order you say “fries, well-done”. And we ask for “packets of spread” for our fries instead of ketchup. 2 packets is normally enough for one order of fries.

So good! You can also order them animal style if you don’t mind the mess.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are in the tent, waiting for our test results with around 300 other passengers...

I guess I am slow on the uptake! You had to be tested 2 days prior to boarding and now you are being tested again?? I think I missed something.

7 minutes ago, Donyb said:

I guess I am slow on the uptake! You had to be tested 2 days prior to boarding and now you are being tested again?? I think I missed something.

Yes you missed something. The mandatory testing at the pier started a couple of weeks ago. You still must test two days in advance as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Yes you missed something. The mandatory testing at the pier started a couple of weeks ago. You still must test two days in advance as well.

Yes I guess I did. I will be on the Regal next Saturday and no further testing is required.  Perhaps it is because the ship is transiting the Canal.