Booked Online - Turned Out To Be The Singapore Website HELP!

I was looking at booking a cruise this October from Ft. Lauderdale and finally decided to pull the trigger and book it.  I failed to notice that at some point I was switched from RCCL's US website to the Singapore website.  I booked the cruise - and take full blame for failing to notice the prices looked a bit different.  Now that I compare prices, it's about $700 more to book it on the Singapore website. 

So I tried to cancel the reservation online.  There is no cancellation option on the Singapore website and every time I look it up on the US website it takes me back to the Singapore website.  I called the C&A number and after a half hour on hold I was told they can't cancel or modify a reservation made with RCCL International and gave me a phone number (a Miami area code) to call.  I called that number and got a recording telling me to push a certain number depending what region of the world I'm from, but there is no option for North America.

So I called the general RCCL customer service number and (again, after a long hold) was told they also can't cancel or modify a reservation made with RCCL International and she offered to transfer me to the proper department.  After a long wait she came back and said their phone lines are not open now (1:00 p.m.) and she could give me their number to call, and that I could call between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.  I asked why their lines wasn't open now and after some confusion she said that 8 to 5 must be referring to Singapore time.  She then proceeded to give me an international phone number that is presumably in Singapore.  I have no clue what it would cost to call Singapore.

Does anybody have any suggestions?  I have absolutely no idea how I ended up on the Singapore website - I'm definitely not computer illiterate.  What I AM guilty of is failing to notice the prices were a bit different and following up on that before booking.   I don't feel I should have to call Singapore to fix this, when Royal is the one that switched me to another website.  I've sailed on a lot of cruises with Royal but this is really pushing me to another cruise line.

And don't get me started on my missing FCC.  That's a rant for another time.  I just want to get the October cruise booked on the US site without losing my deposit.

2 hours ago, frisbeewife said:

I called that number and got a recording telling me to push a certain number depending what region of the world I'm from, but there is no option for North America.

Yeah you need to call back and say you're from Singapore or Asia or whatever region they offer. 

• Like 1

For some reason I get both North American and United Kingdom promotional emails so I can see how it might happen. I'm constantly going to the UK site but it becomes painfully obvious when the prices come up.

49 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I did not know that we could get other RCI sites beside the USA one.  hmm learned something.

I know I can get various Amazon's, but did not realize RCI had other versions too.

I remember last year I kept getting re-directed to the Singapore website too.    Lasted for about 2 maybe 3 days then finally I could get into the US site.     Wierd computer stuff!   

To the OP good luck with getting your cruise cancelled.   Let us know how you do.

Yesterday I was redirected to the Singapore website, too. That has never happened before and I have no idea how it happened.

I also have no idea why someone in Miami can't help you. I do know something was screwy with the website yesterday. At the time I thought I did something. Now I think it was RCI's infamous IT department.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, gidget19 said:

I almost did the identical thing yesterday - it's too great a coincidence to think that you and I both accidentally ended up on the Singapore site, so I suspect there's a known issue/bug that happened yesterday!

For some ungodly reason I keep getting UK website.  They inform me of sales and sometimes they look pretty good, until I realize that it is not a US RCL website.  I asked RCL CS to fix it, but to no avail.  

I get more promos/sale from the UK than the US.😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

OP a bit confused...how did you not notice the pricing was in SGD instead of USD ?

Yes I did see SGD next to the price but I thought it was some kind of abbreviation. I freely admit I should’ve realized something was wrong and I’m an idiot. BUT in my defense there was no reason to think I was suddenly on another country’s website.  This was something that had never happened before. And I can’t see any reason for it to be so difficult to get somebody to even talk to me about it and let me know what my options are (if any). 

I’ll try sending an email and see if that gets me anywhere. But after years and years of putting up with RCCL’s subpar IT department I might be ready to dump them. There’s just no excuse for it anymore. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, frisbeewife said:

Yes I did see SGD next to the price but I thought it was some kind of abbreviation. I freely admit I should’ve realized something was wrong and I’m an idiot. BUT in my defense there was no reason to think I was suddenly on another country’s website.  This was something that had never happened before. And I can’t see any reason for it to be so difficult to get somebody to even talk to me about it and let me know what my options are (if any). 

I’ll try sending an email and see if that gets me anywhere. But after years and years of putting up with RCCL’s subpar IT department I might be ready to dump them. There’s just no excuse for it anymore. 

I hope you get this sorted out....but I personally wouldn't stop cruising RCI just because of their inadequate IT dept.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WmFoster said:

I think just by virtue of you logging into your account with your C&A number you should be redirected to the US site if that is where your history resides. 

Some day the RCCL IT Dept will sink this cruise line.

You would think so, but you still have to re-enter your C&A # and any other promo when you do a mock booking otherwise your discounts aren't reflected.  Before the new booking version, it was seamless.

The other aspect that annoys me is that you log in and look up a pending cruise.  You go to the listed cruise and click on payment icon and it requires reserve #, ship's name, date of sailing and my last name--go figure.

Edited by nelblu

15 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

While I tend to agree with @retire2cruise55's suggestion, I believe someone once said they disputed the cruise fare or deposit via CC dispute and were put on the no sail list. So, if you can't get resolution and go this route beware of the naughty list. I hope someone can confirm or deny if I am remembering correctly.

Urban Legend.  I have filed fraudulent charges on RCCL several times when they took too long to refund my money for Covid cancellations, I am still sailing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Urban Legend.  I have filed fraudulent charges on RCCL several times when they took too long to refund my money for Covid cancellations, I am still sailing.

The only thing I have heard of was that they block that particular card from being used again...curious as to your experience

How did you make out on the missed flight?

Edited by Ourusualbeach

this morning i checked pricing. it said i was on the singapore site, i saw sgp in the address bar. i went ot the main page, changed to USA english. then the entire page turned to spanish but it was the USA pricing so something is very very wrong with their site

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

this morning i checked pricing. it said i was on the singapore site, i saw sgp in the address bar. i went ot the main page, changed to USA english. then the entire page turned to spanish but it was the USA pricing so something is very very wrong with their site

oh dear yet again the website is having issues.  Gee whizzz. Still I have never had anything other than USA come up.