The Daily for Sunday 02/20/2022

richwmn

Good day and thanks lol!  Love the Einstein quote!  Interesting food and drinks today and cherry pie!  It’s also world social Justice day, very important.  
I guess  I missed hoody hoo day, yikes!
Big thanks to @Quartzsite Cruiser@Vict0riannand @StLouisCruisersfor the photos, one port we haven’t visited in Norway.  Hope all goes well tomorrow Sandi! 
@kazu glad you made it, yikes about the skid! 
I’m hoping the Queen recovers,  found out some more friends had Covid, it seems the triple vaxed do better than the double. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's sunny and cold but will get to at least 61F today so we're satisfied.  After DH has his coffee time we will go to the grocery hopefully before the crowds show up.  Then I'll do the usual sheet changing, washing and folding we do each Sunday.  I made sure to wash my hair this morning because tomorrow morning is the Mohs surgery on my forehead by the hairline so I won't be wanting to get that area wet for a while.  Since the appointment is so early I won't be here on the Daily in the morning.  But I'll check in once home.

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor the Daily.  Also nice to see Roy @rafinmdposting the Care and Celebration lists from his cruise.  Thank you Roy!  Your food pics and choices are great.  I heard the Queen was positive for Covid this morning, but also heard Charles and Camilla had been down with Covid as well.  Hmmm!  Love the cherry pie celebration.  I used to make cherry pie with lattice crust instead of a full top crust.  So good!  We don't have a pet in the house so will have to love our DD's, DGD's, and DGS's.  I know they get plenty of love from home.  If I remember to do it I'll be outside at noon yelling Hoodie Hoo because I'm ready to say goodbye to winter.  Come on spring!  I'll pass on the menu suggestion, drink and wine today.  A white or rose will do just fine.

Jacqui @kazuthank you so much for the memes.  So funny!  I'm glad you didn't get caught up in the flood waters yesterday.  I know how badly you want to visit with Jose but he wisely understood you have to watch out for yourself.  Fingers crossed and prayers said you can get to the hospital before too long.  Ann @cat shepardI enjoy your animal series memes as well.  Have a nice outdoor birthday visit for your friend today.  Terry @smitty34877sorry to hear Tana was having some discomfort during the night.  She's no doubt happy to be where people really care about her.  Good luck getting some sleep tonight!  

Trondheim was a stop on the Best Norway Cruise Ever in 2016.  I'll search out the best photos and post while DH is having that coffee.  Have a great day!

Good luck tomorrow with your procedure.  I hope that all goes smoothly for you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks lol!  Love the Einstein quote!  Interesting food and drinks today and cherry pie!  It’s also world social Justice day, very important.  
I guess  I missed hoody hoo day, yikes!
Big thanks to @Quartzsite Cruiser@Vict0riannand @StLouisCruisersfor the photos, one port we haven’t visited in Norway.  Hope all goes well tomorrow Sandi! 
@kazu glad you made it, yikes about the skid! 
I’m hoping the Queen recovers,  found out some more friends had Covid, it seems the triple vaxed do better than the double. 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good luck tomorrow with your procedure.  I hope that all goes smoothly for you.

30 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@StLouisCruisers

Praying all goes smoothly tomorrow. 

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers!  I'll "see" you all later tomorrow.

• Like 11

Oh no!  I just got word from my brother that his DD had a bad fall down stairs (9 of them) and had blood coming out her ear.  She was rushed to the ER and had a CT scan.  She has a fractured skull and blood on her brain.  They are draining blood, and moving her to ICU.  She has another CT scan in the morning.  

Background on Jennifer.  Back in 2010 she was an experienced skydiver and was making a group jump.  When nearly to the ground a person who was photographing the jump veered into her just before landing.  It caused her chute to collapse and she dropped 35 feet to the ground.  Once falling to the ground, she had a severe stroke.  This is in addition to all the broken bones and injuries sustained by the fall.  She never fully recovered.  She can walk but her right arm is paralyzed and she needs a cane.  She also has aphasia and doesn't speak well.  She understands most everything but her speech is definitely affected.  She was an X-ray technician in a hospital before the accident but was declared disabled then.  I just hope she can recover from this because even the way she was before would be better than nothing.  Please add her to the prayer list!🙏

• Like 11
  • Thanks 11

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh no!  I just got word from my brother that his DD had a bad fall down stairs (9 of them) and had blood coming out her ear.  She was rushed to the ER and had a CT scan.  She has a fractured skull and blood on her brain.  They are draining blood, and moving her to ICU.  She has another CT scan in the morning.  

Background on Jennifer.  Back in 2010 she was an experienced skydiver and was making a group jump.  When nearly to the ground a person who was photographing the jump veered into her just before landing.  It caused her chute to collapse and she dropped 35 feet to the ground.  Once falling to the ground, she had a severe stroke.  This is in addition to all the broken bones and injuries sustained by the fall.  She never fully recovered.  She can walk but her right arm is paralyzed and she needs a cane.  She also has aphasia and doesn't speak well.  She understands most everything but her speech is definitely affected.  She was an X-ray technician in a hospital before the accident but was declared disabled then.  I just hope she can recover from this because even the way she was before would be better than nothing.  Please add her to the prayer list!🙏

Sending prayers! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Dear Sandi, I'm so thankful I came to the Daily today. I promise you I will be on my knees in prayer tonight for your niece. Xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, what sad news about your niece.  Sending positive thoughts that the doctors can stop the bleeding and drain the excess blood from her brain, so that she can recover and not lose anymore function.

Lenda

Lenda, that would be a blessing!  She doesn't need any more challenges.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Dear Sandi, I'm so thankful I came to the Daily today. I promise you I will be on my knees in prayer tonight for your niece. Xx

Someone led you here today.  We can use all the prayers we can get.  Thank you so much.

• Like 13

36 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, prayers winging their way to Jennifer and your entire family. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So sorry to hear of your niece's fall and subsequent medical issues. Prayers for her,  the family, and the medical team taking care of her. She has been through so much already, that I pray she recovers back to her prior functional status.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Adding my prayers for your surgery tomorrow, Sandi, and also for your dear niece.   We hope her medical team can relieve the pressure so she can recover and not be incapacitated any further.

Gerry

11 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi, prayers winging their way to Jennifer and your entire family. 

10 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

So sorry to hear of your niece's fall and subsequent medical issues. Prayers for her,  the family, and the medical team taking care of her. She has been through so much already, that I pray she recovers back to her prior functional status.

24 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Godspeed to your niece.

Roy

Gerry, Ann, Vanessa and Roy, thank you all for caring.  When I heard about this I thought hasn't she been through enough?  Her whole life was changed after her skydiving accident.  This is so scary!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers!  I'll "see" you all later tomorrow.

Add me to the list of those who will be pulling for you and your doctor tomorrow.  May all go smoothly.

57 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh, my!  I am so sorry to read this.  Your niece sure has her challenges and certainly doesn't need any more.   Prayers for her, her family, and you.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I am so sorry to read about your nieces' fall.  I am praying that she is doing better by tomorrow.

I had all the best intentions this morning to wish you well this morning when I got to the computer, and then DH made me a breakfast sandwich (left over biscuit from Old Hickory House) and then we ran out to the store.  And all day long I was trying to get back to the computer.  I know you said that luck wasn't' something you wanted to hear when having surgery, so pre-get well wishes...take all the pain killers they give you (these days it's usually take a Tylenol)  and gentle hugs are being sent your way.

You had posted me some warm fuzzy wishes last week, but stated you didn't know my actual name.

My name is Ann, but there are so many Ann's here, I go by Annie.  This is what DH used to call me.  Somewhere over the last twenty two years together, I became more of A  "What?" than an Annie, but at least my friends still call me Annie.

@kazuI am so glad that you turned around, don't drown.  Floods are seriously mean weather problems.  You don't know how deep, and you don't know if your car can swim.  And I bet that water was cold.  Take care of yourself!

To you all, may you have a wonderful evening.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tbay said:

@StLouisCruisersSending prayers and positive thoughts for Jennifer and her family and her medical staff.

13 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@StLouisCruisers,I am sending my prayers for your niece. And of course for the whole family.

11 minutes ago, dfish said:

Add me to the list of those who will be pulling for you and your doctor tomorrow.  May all go smoothly.

Oh, my!  I am so sorry to read this.  Your niece sure has her challenges and certainly doesn't need any more.   Prayers for her, her family, and you.  

6 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I am so sorry to read about your nieces' fall.  I am praying that she is doing better by tomorrow.

I had all the best intentions this morning to wish you well this morning when I got to the computer, and then DH made me a breakfast sandwich (left over biscuit from Old Hickory House) and then we ran out to the store.  And all day long I was trying to get back to the computer.  I know you said that luck wasn't' something you wanted to hear when having surgery, so pre-get well wishes...take all the pain killers they give you (these days it's usually take a Tylenol)  and gentle hugs are being sent your way.

You had posted me some warm fuzzy wishes last week, but stated you didn't know my actual name.

My name is Ann, but there are so many Ann's here, I go by Annie.  This is what DH used to call me.  Somewhere over the last twenty two years together, I became more of A  "What?" than an Annie, but at least my friends still call me Annie.

@kazuI am so glad that you turned around, don't drown.  Floods are seriously mean weather problems.  You don't know how deep, and you don't know if your car can swim.  And I bet that water was cold.  Take care of yourself!

To you all, may you have a wonderful evening.

5 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

@StLouisCruisersSandi adding my prayers for your niece.  I'm so sorry to hear about her accident. She certainly didn't need this. 😞  

Thanks to all of you for your support and prayers!  I can hardly believe such terrible news.  I hope draining the blood off her brain will start her recovery.  I imagine she'll have to be hospitalized for a while with her fractured skull.  Of course, I'll keep you updated when I hear more news.

But I'm getting up early in the morning so I'd better get some sleep.  Off to bed shortly.  I just hope I can turn off my thoughts and get to sleep.  Saying my prayers for her first.  Good night everyone.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am so sorry to hear this. Special prayers for her.   Also that your surgery is successful tomorrow.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1