France & Portugal Entry for US travelers

a350flyer

France
Does Celebrity facilitate obtaining a French health pass for US travelers?  Why is there no info on Celebrity’s website?  Without the pass, US travelers can’t visit attractions or restaurants.  Currently, the health pass is only available at a French pharmacy even if a traveler is vaccinated.
https://fr.usembassy.gov/how-to-get-a-french-health-pass/

Portugal

US travelers are required to provide a negative covid test upon entry along with vaccination substantiation.  Will testing be available on the ship since ports may be visited 72 hours after embarkation?

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Currently there are no Celebrity cruises to France and Portugal.

We are going to France and Portugal in September. Great itinerary https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-details/12-night-portugal-spain-and-france-from-amsterdam-netherlands?packageID=AX12U308&sDT=2022-09-11&cCD=CO

• Like 1

I've been told not to worry that Celebrity will take care of it.   I'm on the Silhouette April 8 TA Crossing.   We initially stop in the Azores which is part of Portugal and then Lisbon.   There has been no instructions or concerns at this time.   I've booked tours in both the Azores and Lisbon. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lasekeye said:

We have 2 ports in France this mid October, while sailing on the Edge.

This is great but not a current cruise. No country knows Covid situation or requirements in summer or autumn yet, why do so many people expect this from a cruise line?

• Like 1

I understand your concern.  I'm a planner too and I'd want to gather up as much info as I could.  I've been following the France requirements for some time now since we were considering a land only trip there this year.  Yes, you are supposed to have the French pass...that assumes you are touring places on your own.  The big question is will cruise ship passengers be allowed to tour on their own or do they have to be on a ship sponsored excursion .  If they require them to be on a ship excursion, maybe this will be how they will avoid having to have individuals get the pass. 

17 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Don't tell this to our fellow passengers on the Silhouette for the April cruise in 7 weeks.  We have ports in France, Portugal and Spain.

I have not received any notifications from Celebrity of special requirements for our ports.

COVID restrictions finish in UK on Thursday and no more testing from April 1st.

This was announced yesterday along with the announcement that over 75’s will be eligible for a Spring Booster 4) jab. 
Apparently Germany & Isreal have similar programmes.

You can get into Madeira(Portugal) by being double vaccinated + Booster, no test required.

Lets hope the rest of Europe follow these protocols this spring.

You do not have to test before entry into France.

They accept the UK certificate of vaccination as the same as the EU Digital Pass.

You May have to fill in a form swearing on your honour you don’t have COVID,,,similar to the Health pre cruise questionnaire that Celebrity req.

I don’t believe there is any restrictions in Portugal either.

In most countries these relaxed rules are predicated on people being fully vaxxed

If not jabbed PCR testing will be required.

France does allow individual shore tours and I doubt that Celebrity will take care about the French Health Pass. They can´t issue one. France has a booster mandate for all over 18yo.

There´s no test needed for Portugal. You just need to be fully vaccinated. The Passenger Locator Card is only for flying to Portugal.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Apparently Germany & Isreal have similar programmes.

Germany recommends a 4th shot for the age group 70+, people in nursing homes (and similar), people with certain medical conditions - all 3 months after shot 3. For medical staff it´s 6 months after shot 3. In my state they just started last week giving out jab 4.

steamboats

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

F

There´s no test needed for Portugal. You just need to be fully vaccinated. The Passenger Locator Card is only for flying to Portugal.

steamboats

Arriving to Portugal by Sea

Same rules as arriving by air apply.
All passengers need to fill online a Passenger Locator Form (individually) at https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/passenger-locator-maritime-card, within 96 hours prior to the estimated time of arrival in mainland Portugal. The QR Code generated when filling out the PLF can be presented in paper or digital form.

6 hours ago, RichYak said:

Why do people on CC struggle to understand the word "currently"?

It is easy to interpret the statement two ways. It could mean there are no cruises underway now, it could also mean if you check the upcoming schedule there are no cruises currently planned.  Don't be an internet grammar Police. 

On 2/21/2022 at 1:24 PM, a350flyer said:

Does Celebrity facilitate obtaining a French health pass for US travelers?  Why is there no info on Celebrity’s website?

On 2/21/2022 at 3:20 PM, Saab4444 said:

53 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

It is easy to interpret the statement two ways. It could mean there are no cruises underway now, it could also mean if you check the upcoming schedule there are no cruises currently planned.  Don't be an internet grammar Police. 

Fifth grade reading level context clues tell you how to interpret the word "currently" in post #2. OP's questions are impossible to answer because there are currently no cruises to cite examples from.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Fifth grade reading level context clues tell you how to interpret the word "currently" in post #2. OP's questions are impossible to answer because there are currently no cruises to cite examples from.

FYI.  There is a France and Spain cruise out of Southampton on 21st April next.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RichYak said:

and yes your original comment was very unclear.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Here are the rules for Portugal 

basically just need to be vaccinate 

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/covid-19-measures-implemented-portugal

No, a negative test result is required on arrival for those who don’t have an eu vaccine certificate. https://pt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I must have missed that 5th grade class on my way to my Doctorate.  Thanks for being the arbiter of reading comprehension for the board.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 12:24 PM, a350flyer said:

France
Does Celebrity facilitate obtaining a French health pass for US travelers?  Why is there no info on Celebrity’s website?  Without the pass, US travelers can’t visit attractions or restaurants.  Currently, the health pass is only available at a French pharmacy even if a traveler is vaccinated.
https://fr.usembassy.gov/how-to-get-a-french-health-pass/

Portugal

US travelers are required to provide a negative covid test upon entry along with vaccination substantiation.  Will testing be available on the ship since ports may be visited 72 hours after embarkation?

Following this information/question for France in particular.  Agree things change from month to month.  I’d like to be prepared, too, and not stopped from going to a restaurant, museum etc.    Using ship(s) excursions but I’d like to enjoy the free time that is allowed.  We’ll be on Celebrity Reflection and then Viking Heimdal, April/May.  

2 hours ago, MSS-Texas said:

Following this information/question for France in particular.  Agree things change from month to month.  I’d like to be prepared, too, and not stopped from going to a restaurant, museum etc.    Using ship(s) excursions but I’d like to enjoy the free time that is allowed.  We’ll be on Celebrity Reflection and then Viking Heimdal, April/May.  

Stay tuned.   

We are on the April 8 TransAtlantic followed with a Spain / France /Portugal.    Currently no notification from Celebrity that we need to do anything.  I was going to do the Portugal - Passenger Locator Form online but found that it can only be applied for 72 hours prior to arrival.   I guess if I need one I'll apply online at sea.  Celebrity is telling me that currently the documents will be provided by Celebrity's Documentation Officer while at sea.

Currently have had no restrictions on either private or ships tours but made sure I had no-fee cancellation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Stay tuned.   

We are on the April 8 TransAtlantic followed with a Spain / France /Portugal.    Currently no notification from Celebrity that we need to do anything.  I was going to do the Portugal - Passenger Locator Form online but found that it can only be applied for 72 hours prior to arrival.   I guess if I need one I'll apply online at sea.  Celebrity is telling me that currently the documents will be provided by Celebrity's Documentation Officer while at sea.

Currently have had no restrictions on either private or ships tours but made sure I had no-fee cancellation.

Thanks for check this out for me , our Apex TA doesn’t leave until April 30 😄😉