What is going on with Scenic Cruises

mvjcruise

The challenges Scenic have been experiencing are all tied up with the website and as the Trip Personoliser is part of the website I’m not really surprised. The TP lists your cruise details and if you have such things as your passport and insurance and your flights. It lets you choose two or three excursions this can definitely be completed once your on board. Previously I’ve changed what I previously chose as it turned out there was no was I could climb up to a particular castle, I’m still annoyed at myself about that.

Ptcgal I’m really green with envy that you’re nearly on your way have a wonderful time raise a glass for me I will be thinking of you enjoying your morning coffee delivered by your butler in the morning.

• Like 2

Finally! I received a call from Scenic and got answers to my multitude of questions.

The documents will be emailed as there is no time to send them by mail anymore. We all should get them very soon.

No Covid testing at boarding, at least as of today. As Europe's numbers are again climbing that can change anytime. 

I was assured our cruise is most definitely going ahead which is exactly what I needed to hear!

Time to start counting days! Leaving home two weeks today.

• Like 3

While my trip on Scenic isn't until Sept, I'm interested in knowing how to navigate the various countries COVID requirements.  I hope by then most testing requirements will be lifted but worried that things will change before then too.

4 hours ago, texasstar said:

Host Jazzbeau, please post after your trip, as we will be doing the shorter version one month later.

Merci

I will, at least a short review.  [Full blogs take a lot of time...]

Everyone my fingers are crossed for all of you that everything goes well our May DIY cruise on the Canal du Nivernais is fast approaching and if my health and fitness stands up to it okay we will be booking our next Scenic cruise your good vibes would be appreciated.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Given all the difficulty that I continue to have to get a response from Emerald, I would not recommend scenic or emerald to anyone.

I know this is frustrating. I have cruised with Scenic once before. It was wonderful.

This trip has had many difficulties, from rescheduling three times due to COVID, and now the website issues. Another couple is joining us at our invitation. We are all very frustrated, but I keep telling them once we are on that boat you will forget all of this. 

I am hoping to hear from Scenic soon, we are scheduled to cruise Windmills, Tulips and Belgium Delights beginning April 13.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Given all the difficulty that I continue to have to get a response from Emerald, I would not recommend scenic or emerald to anyone.

We leave the US in less then a week. Cruise is in 10 days. We still don’t have documents. Our TA called Emerald yesterday. She told me she had good news. We would get our documents next week! I should hope so! Considering we were told we’d have them 2-3 weeks before sailing. 

I was able to talk to Scenic today. In the US there no phone on their website presently. However, if you call the number on your Booking Advice, a person answered(or at least did for me). She told me I could not access Trip Planner because my cruise date was to near. She then collected my information and updated it for me. She also told me that my cruise documents would be emailed to me, due to concerns with timely delivery. 

I was asked for emergency contact information, flight info(we booked our own), and excursion choices. She also verified all of my contact information.

I am relieved that it is done!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete_coach said:

Has there or is there any information on Scenic IT problem resolution?

It has been quite a while now and the website still has the same IT notice.

Is this only a Scenic Canada issue?

https://issuu.com/sceniccanada/docs/20220225_final_website_faq_link_ca?fr=sZTYzZDQzNjkwNjk

Their sister cruise line Emerald is still not answering the phone. It’s been a week since I asked for flight information and possible deviation fees or BC upgrades. My TA has followed up, radio silence on their part. I told my TA I’m very unhappy with this cruise line.

• Like 1

We depart two weeks tomorrow and have not received any information since the day we booked. There is a no proactive communication at all. We do not know all of our travel details, spoke to our TA who said it is taking two weeks to get any information, so that’s after our departure date….

The good news is that the weather is fantastic in the U.K. at the moment. 

I celebrated too soon. I still have not received anything from Scenic.

No email and no documents.

The person I talked with did tell me we would not be tested nor require negative test results at boarding. Only proof of vaccinations.

That was a week ago and hopefully that will not change before our cruise.

We fly out next Tuesday. Cruise starts April 11th.  I sent another email to Scenic this morning and it wasn’t a love letter. I’m tired of chasing them around trying to get information that was promised again and again. We will go to Basel and hopefully end up on the ship somehow. Very disappointed in their customer service. 

• Like 1

I understand your frustration [I have been similarly frozen out of info on my Scenic April 25 Seine cruise].  The ray of hope I can offer is that on all our prior river cruises it was never necessary to have any cruise documents in hand – hopefully that will be the case for you, and they will welcome you onboard with a cool drink and a warm welcome.  Please come back and let us know who boarding goes, as there are probably many of us out there who will be following in your footsteps soon.

• Like 1

The main reason I’m wanting the documents is that the contact phone number to the ship should be in them. We need to find our own way to the ship after spending few days in Basel. Currently I don’t know where or when we should be to board the ship. Our friends are coming in from Paris by train. When should they plan to arrive? Hoping to receive that information soon to put my mind at peace. I asked for all kinds of other info as well but as we’re starting to pack I’d be happy to have the contact info.
All of my numerous calls and emails have been replied with the same “the documents will be emailed two to three weeks ahead of the cruise date”

The lack of respectful communication has been a big let down. I really hope the cruise itself will change this feeling.

I am SO frustrated with Emerald!

Emerald air department hung up on my TA after she was on hold for seven hours, since 8 AM this morning. It is now about 3 PM. This is at least the third try, on hold all day or half a day long.
This is completely unacceptable.

I want to confirm a deviation and the price that will cost me. I want prices for a possible upgrade to bizclass. Emerald previously told my TA there would be no charge to fly in early (coach) then the data breach. I have nothing in writing that they will get me where I need to be for my pre-cruise activities.
This is completely unacceptable . 

Bit of good news for a change. I made contact with our local Scenic office and finally got some information. Scenic had sent a package including back packs etc who knows when and they are sitting and waiting at a local FedEx facility. I was given a tracking number and now I can go pick them up. This was the first time I've heard of them sending anything. 

Our final documents including the ships phone number should arrive later today or tomorrow. 

I'm just happy and relieved to have made contact with someone who communicates and responds to my emails and hopefully we will be all set before we fly out next week. 

All I can say is keep emailing and calling them. I even left a fairly stern message on their Facebook page awhile back. That resulted in an immediate reply by phone. But whatever was promised on that call never happened. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sissi67 said:

Bit of good news for a change. I made contact with our local Scenic office and finally got some information. Scenic had sent a package including back packs etc who knows when and they are sitting and waiting at a local FedEx facility. I was given a tracking number and now I can go pick them up. This was the first time I've heard of them sending anything. 

Our final documents including the ships phone number should arrive later today or tomorrow. 

I'm just happy and relieved to have made contact with someone who communicates and responds to my emails and hopefully we will be all set before we fly out next week. 

All I can say is keep emailing and calling them. I even left a fairly stern message on their Facebook page awhile back. That resulted in an immediate reply by phone. But whatever was promised on that call never happened. 

So glad to hear it is going well for you. Enjoy your cruise! 

6 minutes ago, Sissi67 said:

That sounds promising at last and I do hope this happens. What a frustrating situation. I can understand Scenic and Emerald handling customer requests in the order of the sail date if they do just that (German companies have officially stated to do so on their websites), but not everybody arrives just one day before the ship sails. As is the case with you.

Just in case, really just in case - and for those others that are interested - I am posting the website of Basel harbour where you can see the ships' scheduled dockings. Of course, the river cruise company will give you the correct info in the documents, so really just for additional info...

https://port-of-switzerland.ch/hafenservice/kabinenschifffahrt/

download the "aktueller Steigerbelegungsplan".

Hope your river cruise will be great and make up for all the stress right now.

notamermaid

3 hours ago, Canal archive said:

If it helps anyone why don’t you email Glen Moroney send to Scenic/Emerald for his attention if enough customers do so someone may take notice.

P.S. He was and I believe still is the owner.

Thanks for the good idea. We would need to have his direct email address, as I doubt they would forward emails to him. Any idea what it might be?

14 hours ago, notamermaid said:

That sounds promising at last and I do hope this happens. What a frustrating situation. I can understand Scenic and Emerald handling customer requests in the order of the sail date if they do just that (German companies have officially stated to do so on their websites), but not everybody arrives just one day before the ship sails. As is the case with you.

Notamermaid,

thank you always for your many helpful comments.
My final payment date is in two weeks, and I cannot wait until the last minute before my cruise embarkation date to upgrade to business class tickets. This has to be planned in advance, which is a reasonable request.
I am making plans in advance for my month in Europe this summer. Emerald’s inability to communicate with my TA is outrageous. She has spent three days with one of her phones on hold, listening, as she says, to horrible music.
I am monitoring this board for comments from customers to see how they are handling and accommodating passengers w questions. They should be able to answer questions. Cruises are a very expensive venue, and customers should be able to get answers to their questions.

This is upsetting , and getting more upsetting by the day. 

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit