What is going on with Scenic Cruises

mvjcruise

35 minutes ago, loriva said:

paul21,

Could you post the number for the Scenic Jade, please?  If it's not too much trouble for you, taking a photo of the numbers for the ships and posting the whole thing would likely be greatly appreciated by many.  Maybe Host Jazzbeau could even add it to the sticky on Contacting your River Cruise Line.

Many thanks,

Cruise Ship ms Scenic Jade
Contact phone number: +49 / (0) 173 518 1929 or +49 / (0)173 518 1930

E-mail address: reception.jade@scenic.eu
Cruise Ship 

Final packing today, flights tomorrow(12th), board the Jade on the 13th. So excited! If this cruise is half as wonderful as our 2019 Scenic cruise, all the craziness of getting on board will have been worth it!

Marybeth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mvjcruise said:

Contact phone number: +49 / (0) 173 518 1929 or +49 / (0)173 518 1930

E-mail address: reception.jade@scenic.eu
Cruise Ship 

Final packing today, flights tomorrow(12th), board the Jade on the 13th. So excited! If this cruise is half as wonderful as our 2019 Scenic cruise, all the craziness of getting on board will have been worth it!

Marybeth

Marybeth,

Thank you SO much for the info.  Good luck with finishing packing, your flights, and your cruise. 

Have fun!

Jazz somewhere I have Scenic Gems info but it is from the first cruise, I’ve never offered any of that info in case it’s been changed but thinking about it I don’t think they’d change the email address. Will go and rummage in the depths. Wish me luck.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@mvjcruise  Do you have the info for all the Scenic ships?  If you could post that, I will make a sticky!  [Or at least give me the info for Scenic Gem, which is the one I need!]

Here you go:

Cruise Ship ms Scenic Pearl
Contact phone number: +49 / (0)173 - 918 0694 or +49 / (0)173 918 0695 E-mail address: reception.pearl@scenic.eu
Cruise Ship ms Scenic Ruby
Contact phone number: +49 / (0)152 - 2290 6937 or +49 / (0)152 2290 6938 Email address: reception.ruby@scenic.eu
Cruise Ship ms Scenic Crystal
Contact phone number: +49 / (0)174 - 1880 605 or +49 / (0) 174 1880 606 E-mail address: reception.crystal@scenic.eu
Cruise Ship ms Scenic Jewel
Contact phone number: +49 / (0)173 - 615 3862 or +49 / (0)173 615 3865 E-mail address: reception.jewel@scenic.eu
Contact phone number: +49 / (0) 173 518 1929 or +49 / (0)173 518 1930 E-mail address: reception.jade@scenic.eu
Cruise Ship ms Scenic Opal
Contact phone number: +49/ (0)173 518 1424 or +49/ (0)173 518 1425 E-mail address: reception.opal@scenic.eu
Cruise Ship ms Scenic Jasper
Contact phone number: +49/ (0)173 518 1428 or +49/ (0)173 518 1429 E-mail address: reception.jasper@scenic.eu
Cruise Ship ms Scenic Amber
Contact phone number: +49/ (0)152 2290 6936 or +49/ (0)152 2290 6935 E-mail address: reception.amber@scenic.eu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It looks like you haven’t got the French and Portuguese boats, Scenic Sapphire, Soane & Rhône, Scenic Diamond  Bordeaux, Scenic Gem the Seine and Scenic Azure the Douro Portugal.
So here are Gems details hopefully they are the same now.
Scenic Gem - phone +33 / (0) 682 020 267

E-mail address: gem@scenictours.com - which maybe eu as the others above are.

I will look up the others for you.

• Thanks 1

Here we go -

Scenic Sapphire

Phone +33/(0)6 12 12 48 22 or +33/(0)6 12 12 45 97

E-mail: reception.sapphire@scenic.eu

Scenic Diamond

phone +33/(0)6 73 83 02 51 or +33/(0) 6 73 83 07 38

E-mail: cd.diamond@scenic.eu or reception.diamond@scenic.eu

I think this almost completes the fleet any left out the emails are quite straight forward but it’s the phone numbers we’re after.

• Thanks 1

Got it!

Scenic Azure phone -

+351 91 356 60 10. Cruise Director +351 91 356 58 39

E-mai.: cd.azure@scenic.eu or reception.azure@scenic.eu

European office phone is - 00 41 43 521 1839

Portugal office phone - +352 91 487 87 99

Hopefully this now covers all Scenic contacts in Europe.

• Thanks 2

We are onboard the Jade. Everything is functioning well. We have had drinks and lunch, service and food are excellent, as was our last cruise.

Crew reported 140 passengers expected this cruise.

An FYI for those of you sailing out of Amsterdam, some of the docks at the cruise terminal near Central Station and downtown Amsterdam are being worked on. So, some of the river cruise ship are boarding at the industrial port. This week that included the Jade. It is a 45 min walk or 20 min. taxi ride to town. We had hoped to spend some of today in Amsterdam, but that was not to be.

Edited by mvjcruise
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mvjcruise said:

We are onboard the Jade. Everything is functioning well. We have had drinks and lunch, service and food are excellent, as was our last cruise.

Crew reported 140 passengers expected this cruise.

An FYI for those of you sailing out of Amsterdam, some of the docks at the cruise terminal near Central Station and downtown Amsterdam are being worked on. So, some of the river cruise ship are boarding at the industrial port. This week that included the Jade. It is a 45 min walk or 20 min. taxi ride to town. We had hoped to spend some of today in Amsterdam, but that was not to be.

Yay that you are onboard and things are well.  Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I noticed the Scenic Jade docked at Berth Coenhaven-Westerhoofd two days ago while following the ship via CruiseMapper.  Scenic isn't offering a courtesy shuttle into central Amsterdam?  Any idea how long Scenic will be docking there?

Thanks so much for reporting your experience.

Would you happen to have contact information for Emerald Sun. We are departing on May 8 from Munich(Passau) for a Danube River cruise. We leave next Monday on a transatlantic cruise. We have not yet received documents from Emerald.

Greetings from onboard Scenic Opal. After all the hassle and worry we boarded the ship in Basel on Monday and it’s been incredible first few days of two week trip. 
There seem to be quite a few people who were booked form Ams to Basel and then joined our cruise once theirs was cancelled. Ship is about 85% full.

Food is amazing, staff can’t do enough for us and the weather has been great! Today was the first time we sailed during the day. Thanks to the warm and sunny day we even spent time in the vitality pool. 
Now I understand why so many of you keep going on cruises…I feel very spoiled. 

D2B24179-9B5A-4DB9-8D7C-DCD224E885D4.jpeg

F8A0DAF7-E2D6-43B2-A447-A86E5021986E.jpeg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, loriva said:

Scenic isn't offering a courtesy shuttle into central Amsterdam?  Any idea how long Scenic will be docking there?

On embarkment day they did not offer a shuttle. Since we were the first cruise to encounter this, I wonder if they may start offering one in the future. We have an entire day in Amsterdam at the end of our cruise, and they will be offering a shuttle that day. They do not know how long they will be docking there. The harbor master only gave them 10 days notice that rehab was starting, per our cruise director.

Edited by mvjcruise
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mvjcruise said:

On embarkment day they did not offer a shuttle. Since we were the first cruise to encounter this, I wonder if they may start offering one in the future. We have an entire day in Amsterdam at the end of our cruise, and they will be offering a shuttle that day. They do not know how long they will be docking there. The harbor master only gave them 10 days notice that rehab was starting, per our cruise director.

Thank you again, mvjcruise!  We will be ending our cruise on the Scenic Jade with an full day and overnight in Amsterdam, so that is great information for planning purposes.  Will be looking forward to hearing about the excursions you chose in Amsterdam and how they went.  Since this will be DH's first time in Amsterdam, we're trying to fit in the highlights and hope to do the Scenic walking tour in the morning and then one of the art museums in the afternoon.  Both the Rijksmuseum and van Gogh are operating on the basis of timed entries--so trying to figure out what would be a safe time to book based on when the Scenic tour ends and where.  (We are also spending three nights on our own in Amsterdam, but planning day trips out to Floriade and Haarlem for two of the days.  So need to use our time in Amsterdam while on board wisely.)

I hope the flowers, windmills, and weather for your trip are spectacular!

Take care,

22 hours ago, Sissi67 said:

Greetings from onboard Scenic Opal. After all the hassle and worry we boarded the ship in Basel on Monday and it’s been incredible first few days of two week trip. 
There seem to be quite a few people who were booked form Ams to Basel and then joined our cruise once theirs was cancelled. Ship is about 85% full.

Food is amazing, staff can’t do enough for us and the weather has been great! Today was the first time we sailed during the day. Thanks to the warm and sunny day we even spent time in the vitality pool. 
Now I understand why so many of you keep going on cruises…I feel very spoiled. 

D2B24179-9B5A-4DB9-8D7C-DCD224E885D4.jpeg

F8A0DAF7-E2D6-43B2-A447-A86E5021986E.jpeg

Looking forward to reading about your cruise.  There are so many of us living vicariously. 

RB 

On our first start in Amsterdam with Scenic we had what we quickly discovered was one of the best cruise directors ever she was a tiny young lady. During the first evening port talk she offered to take anyone who wanted to go for a tour of the red light district, evidently one of the best supported tours in Amsterdam. The next day we went on a short tour of the diamond quarter.