What is going on with Scenic Cruises

mvjcruise

11 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

The Scenic Jade has left Duisburg and is currently sailing near Krefeld with logged destination being Cologne.

notamermaid

I saw that! I’m taking that as a positive sign that our May 4th cruise will go as planned…😀 I was glad to see that there didn’t appear to be any tugboats pushing/pulling her along!

Edited by BellsRUs

On 4/6/2022 at 8:09 AM, San999 said:

My husband and I are going on the beautiful Bordeaux, leaving May 5. Please post updates on the trip as we are excited, but a bit nervous about the fallout from the IT breach.  

Hello - I assume you will be on the Sapphire - I have been trying to find "new" information ~ most threads and reviews are from 2016! We are sailing on May 15 - South of France 11 days Lyon-Lyon..  Did you ever receive your actual hard documents ie.. luggage tags,  backpack, vouchers.?  My husband and the other couple traveling with us  are not happy about the dress code - it  originally stated county club casual then the documents advised jackets for men in the evening and more formal attire for the formal nights and formal restaurant such as La Rive?! Since we are restricted to only one suitcase per person, it is difficult to bring dressy evening clothes , (jackets, dress shoes, etc) in addition to for May showers!  PLEASE post if you are able and let me know if France dress code is more "dressy"   > Hope to hear from you , and please do have a wonderful time  

Your all forgetting one salient point Scenic is an Australian company! They suggest jackets because the restaurant  air con can be a little chilly, I take a wrap maybe a pair of  wide trousers and a couple of light tops and maybe a pair of sketchers with a bit of bling. As long as you don’t look as if your straight off the beach, trekking the Amazon or in shorts and T’shirt if you look slightly polished your fine. It’s not a fashion parade. I’m sure no one would want it to be, who are you out impress? It’s your holiday enjoy relax and be comfortable. Of course though to some that’s dressing up to the nines then the game is guessing the cost of the outfit,

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Canal archive said:

Your all forgetting one salient point Scenic is an Australian company! They suggest jackets because the restaurant  air con can be a little chilly, I take a wrap maybe a pair of  wide trousers and a couple of light tops and maybe a pair of sketchers with a bit of bling. As long as you don’t look as if your straight off the beach, trekking the Amazon or in shorts and T’shirt if you look slightly polished your fine. It’s not a fashion parade. I’m sure no one would want it to be, who are you out impress? It’s your holiday enjoy relax and be comfortable. Of course though to some that’s dressing up to the nines then the game is guessing the cost of the outfit,

Thanks for the laugh ~ but when I said jacket, I was referring to a men's blazer as in jacket & tie which is what  the dress code specifically said.  It's funny when I first started cruising 40+ years ago it WAS a fashion show - remember men had to wear a coat & tie and women cocktail dresses to all dinners - Hubby had to bring a tux for the formal nights!  I used to think it was so romantic and luxurious ~ Now I don't know how I danced in those 5 inch heels! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cisterna said:

Hello - I assume you will be on the Sapphire - I have been trying to find "new" information ~ most threads and reviews are from 2016! We are sailing on May 15 - South of France 11 days Lyon-Lyon..  Did you ever receive your actual hard documents ie.. luggage tags,  backpack, vouchers.?  My husband and the other couple traveling with us  are not happy about the dress code - it  originally stated county club casual then the documents advised jackets for men in the evening and more formal attire for the formal nights and formal restaurant such as La Rive?! Since we are restricted to only one suitcase per person, it is difficult to bring dressy evening clothes , (jackets, dress shoes, etc) in addition to for May showers!  PLEASE post if you are able and let me know if France dress code is more "dressy"   > Hope to hear from you , and please do have a wonderful time  

We are on the Diamond. We received only a “summary of booking” via email a day or so ago. It had no voucher, ticket, etc, just a “summary”. Hope it is enough!  We received the backpacks h very nice ones) and luggage tags (paper) today.  I haven’t read that we can only bring one suitcase. Does that mean we

can’t bring a carryon, purse and checked bag? That will be a problem. When did scenic tell you only one bag?  I have to completely rethink my packing if that’s the case. I think I’ll contact my TA and ask her to clarify

16 minutes ago, San999 said:

We are on the Diamond. We received only a “summary of booking” via email a day or so ago. It had no voucher, ticket, etc, just a “summary”. Hope it is enough!  

Don't worry. On my 4 river cruises with 3 different companies, nobody asked to see any documentation except my passport. With a small ship and few passengers, embarkation isn't an issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, San999 said:

. Does that mean we can’t bring a carryon, purse and checked bag? That will be a problem. When did scenic tell you only one bag?  I have to completely rethink my packing if that’s the case. I think I’ll contact my TA and ask her to clarify

Once you unpack your suitcase it stores under the bed. If your carry on fits in the empty suitcase then there is nothing to worry about.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ritabob said:

Once you unpack your suitcase it stores under the bed. If your carry on fits in the empty suitcase then there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks so much!  I try not to overpack, but usually do. 

Basically Scenics luggage regulations are the same as usual airlines 1 checked in suitcase, one carryon and hand luggage. The paper luggage tags are for you to put on the suitcases with your name and cabin number to help the crew, they take them to your cabin.

15 hours ago, Cisterna said:

Where does it say that? We do not have any documents yet (not leaving till July) and have not seen any dress codes.

16 hours ago, Cisterna said:

Hello - I assume you will be on the Sapphire - I have been trying to find "new" information ~ most threads and reviews are from 2016! We are sailing on May 15 - South of France 11 days Lyon-Lyon..  Did you ever receive your actual hard documents ie.. luggage tags,  backpack, vouchers.? 

Hi, Cisterna!!!  I'll be on that cruise with you!  We haven't received documents, hard or emailed!!  My DH plans to bring a blazer, but just because he gets cold and that'll take care of both temperature and any dressiness issues.  I'm considering bringing a dress or two, but most likely will wear pants or skort and a blouse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenetere said:

Hi, Cisterna!!!  I'll be on that cruise with you!  We haven't received documents, hard or emailed!!  My DH plans to bring a blazer, but just because he gets cold and that'll take care of both temperature and any dressiness issues.  I'm considering bringing a dress or two, but most likely will wear pants or skort and a blouse.

We leave May 5 on the Diamond. We (actually our TA) received our documents via email a little over one week before the embarkation date and we received our backpacks  yesterday, April 29. So, don’t worry, they will come, but not as early as usual. 

We were booked on the "Unforgettable Douro with Lisbon & Madrid" tour starting in Lisbon on June 8th and boarding the Azure in Porto on the 11th. We got informed by email that the land portions were cancelled due to low enrollment, and were given the option of sticking with that sailing and being refunded for the land portion, or switching to a different date for the original itinerary with Scenic absorbing the cost of re-booking flights. We chose the latter, departing just 3 weeks later on June 29th. Other than waiting on the phone for over an hour to talk to the representative, the switch has been smooth. Fortunately we have no other time commitments that got in the way. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 5:24 PM, BellsRUs said:

I saw that! I’m taking that as a positive sign that our May 4th cruise will go as planned…😀

When is the Jade supposed to be in Budapest? I mean is that date the pre-cruise portion? As of now the Jade is still in Cologne and I am afraid to say that she needs quite a few days to traverse much of Europe to get to Hungary.

She is not docked in the current but in the small harbour at Mülheim. Which may well be not a good sign.

image.png.d0397691e90308a47fd800b7b576c68f.png

As you can see, it is a shipyard.

Sorry, but I am not hopeful at this point. Would like to be proven wrong.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid

3 minutes ago, Canal archive said:

It’s interesting that she got there under her own power.

Yes, a bit puzzling. A test run? Who knows. At least there is some life in the engine and I would love to see it as a minor repair for the sake of the anxious passengers waiting to board. For now, wait and see what happens.

notamermaid

10 hours ago, sbjornda said:

We were booked on the "Unforgettable Douro with Lisbon & Madrid" tour starting in Lisbon on June 8th and boarding the Azure in Porto on the 11th. We got informed by email that the land portions were cancelled due to low enrollment, and were given the option of sticking with that sailing and being refunded for the land portion, or switching to a different date for the original itinerary with Scenic absorbing the cost of re-booking flights. We chose the latter, departing just 3 weeks later on June 29th. Other than waiting on the phone for over an hour to talk to the representative, the switch has been smooth. Fortunately we have no other time commitments that got in the way. 

You will love the Duoro and all the charming small towns along the way. Hope you are a BIG fan of PORT ~ you will truly get your fill.  Lisbon in incredible so exhaust yourself and take it all in!  My biggest advise is be prepared for any kind of weather! We were expecting 68 -72 and an unexpected  heat wave hit 104! Did not have the proper clothing and the air conditioner went out in the gorgeous palace hotel we were staying in Porto !   The poor staff were amazing and I couldn't believe they didn't melt with their long black pants long sleeved shirts and vests!