Covid test for B2B cruise

slickmouse

I'm going on B2B cruises in April - although different ships (and ports, FLL and then MIA).  I assume I'll need a new COVID test for the 2nd cruise and will need to go somewhere that does same day results.  I have no idea where to do this.  Does RCL provide testing?  What have others done?

• Like 1

Looking through other posts, people have been reporting that they were able to take the test on the first ship along with all of the other B2B passengers who were staying on that ship. They say to check in at guest services to make the arrangements. Even people going between Miami and FLL were eligible.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Looking through other posts, people have been reporting that they were able to take the test on the first ship along with all of the other B2B passengers who were staying on that ship. They say to check in at guest services to make the arrangements. Even people going between Miami and FLL were eligible.

I received something to scan to schedule a time. My scanner app needs wifi so I went to Customer service who told me just show up after the 8 am start time lol.

Then I got a call why hadnt I scheduled we been trying to call for 2 days. Right hand and left hand dont communicate.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I received something to scan to schedule a time. My scanner app needs wifi so I went to Customer service who told me just show up after the 8 am start time lol.

Then I got a call why hadnt I scheduled we been trying to call for 2 days. Right hand and left hand dont communicate.

The testing requirements are a major PIA and should not be required for vaccinated passengers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, travelhound said:

The testing requirements are a major PIA and should not be required for vaccinated passengers.

Until the number of people testing positive and having to cancel their cruise drops to a negligible amount I believe that Royal will stick with the testing.  Does it catch everyone..no but it catches many that then cannot infect the ship and crew.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@slickmouse We have an upcoming  B2B.  Our second cruise is a large group cruise that we are really looking forward to. 

Even though we are staying in the same cabin, our group cruise costs 4 times more than the first cruise.  That shows how much we value the group cruise.

I was already afraid of testing positive before the second leg, but now I’m terrified due to all the no masking changes.

Do the recent changes worry you about your B2B?

- - - - 

As of now, Royal will test you for free if your next cruise is also on a RCI brand.

5 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Someone on our B2B just got info that after the first cruise, we will not need to be tested for the next cruise on the same ship.  I don't know if I believe that info. though.

That would be great if it is true. We have a B2B on Harmony in April, and not having to test would make turnaround day a lot more enjoyable.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That would be great if it is true. We have a B2B on Harmony in April, and not having to test would make turnaround day a lot more enjoyable.

When I last spoke with someone at RCI about my upcoming B2B on Symphony in a week and a half, I was told that we'd be tested onboard for the second week. From what I remember how Oasis was going to do it for our B2B in September 2021, the testing was going to be done on the last day of the cruise (not turnaround day). So, if that's the case, you shouldn't have to worry about it on turnaround day itself.

1 hour ago, D4 said:

@slickmouse We have an upcoming  B2B.  Our second cruise is a large group cruise that we are really looking forward to. 

Even though we are staying in the same cabin, our group cruise costs 4 times more than the first cruise.  That shows how much we value the group cruise.

I was already afraid of testing positive before the second leg, but now I’m terrified due to all the no masking changes.

Do the recent changes worry you about your B2B?

- - - - 

As of now, Royal will test you for free if your next cruise is also on a RCI brand.

Not really - but i hadn't really thought about it.  My first cruise is with my daughter then with my hubby.  I guess the worse case scenario is my husband enjoys a cruise without me.  But I'm fully vaccinated with a boaster and I don't usually do large crowds on ships anyways.  Most of the time will be spent sitting on the balcony catching up with my daughter.  Not sure there is much more I can do - and worrying about it won't solve anything 🙂  Wishing you safe and healthy travels on your B2B cruises!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Daghis said:

So, if that's the case, you shouldn't have to worry about it on turnaround day itself.

If one tests positive on that last day then turnaround day becomes get off and try to get home day. Hence the stress…

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If one tests positive on that last day then turnaround day becomes get off and try to get home day. Hence the stress…

Sure, but fortunately the odds of that happening are low. And if it were to happen, perhaps it’s better not to risk exposing another week’s passengers. (I don’t know what the relative risk would actually be, but I imagine RCI is going for zero-tolerance of infection, as much as possible.)

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Someone on our B2B just got info that after the first cruise, we will not need to be tested for the next cruise on the same ship.  I don't know if I believe that info. though.

I hope this is true! It would be nice not to have to worry about getting infected on the first leg and not being able to do the 2nd leg.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, slickmouse said:

I'm going on B2B cruises in April - although different ships (and ports, FLL and then MIA).  I assume I'll need a new COVID test for the 2nd cruise and will need to go somewhere that does same day results.  I have no idea where to do this.  Does RCL provide testing?  What have others done?

Just so you know, that's considered S2S cruises (side to side), while consecutive cruises on the same ship are considered B2B (back to back).  

Go to Guest Services in the first half of the cruise and ask what you need to do to get signed up / registered for the COVID testing for consecutive cruisers -- explain that you're doing a side-to-side so you won't be on their regular list of B2B passengers.

They will either add you to a list and tell you when to show up, or they'll give you a QR code to scan that will take you to a website to register (if it asks for a city name, just use Fort Lauderdale -- it will correct itself and know that you're on the ship).  Make sure you WRITE DOWN the time for your appointment, because you will get multiple text/email reminders about the DATE of your appt, but not the TIME of your appt!  

They will either email you the results, or leave the paper test results in the mail clip outside your door.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!

Please let everyone know that they will need to be tested in order to stay on for the second leg.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Please don't plan on this -- it's not true.  You WILL need to test for the second leg.

2 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

The person who said this got the info. from one of the phone reps. and you know how reliable THAT info. is...that's why I tend not to believe it either.

Please inform them, or else they're going to keep spreading the misinformation.

59 minutes ago, brillohead said:

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!

Please let everyone know that they will need to be tested in order to stay on for the second leg.  

58 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Please don't plan on this -- it's not true.  You WILL need to test for the second leg.

45 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Please inform them, or else they're going to keep spreading the misinformation.

If there is one thing we have all learned over the past two years is that things are not true - until they are. What is not true today, or not true  based on prior post restart experience may very well be true in the future. Dogmatic pronouncements do not always work out the way the dervish expects.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

If there is one thing we have all learned over the past two years is that things are not true - until they are. What is not true today, or not true  based on prior post restart experience may very well be true in the future. Dogmatic pronouncements do not always work out the way the dervish expects.

Well, as long as testing is required, there is no point reason for Royal to drop the testing for consecutive cruisers.  

While it may not be true in twenty years, it IS true at the time of this posting that consecutive cruisers need to test for every leg.  

• Like 1

Are these tests PCR or just antigen tests?  We doing a side-to-side, disembarking Anthem in Southampton on the 13th, then flying to Italy.  We board Brilliance in Ravenna on the 15th.  My concern is that if it’s an antigen test,  I only have 24 hours from last cruise day on the 12th before entering Italy successfully on the 13th. Does anyone know if you can book an appointment late on the last cruise day?

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just so you know, that's considered S2S cruises (side to side), while consecutive cruises on the same ship are considered B2B (back to back).  

Go to Guest Services in the first half of the cruise and ask what you need to do to get signed up / registered for the COVID testing for consecutive cruisers -- explain that you're doing a side-to-side so you won't be on their regular list of B2B passengers.

They will either add you to a list and tell you when to show up, or they'll give you a QR code to scan that will take you to a website to register (if it asks for a city name, just use Fort Lauderdale -- it will correct itself and know that you're on the ship).  Make sure you WRITE DOWN the time for your appointment, because you will get multiple text/email reminders about the DATE of your appt, but not the TIME of your appt!  

They will either email you the results, or leave the paper test results in the mail clip outside your door.  

Thank you - 20+ years cruising and I learned something new today.  Never heard S2S.  This was all very helpful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Well, as long as testing is required, there is no point reason for Royal to drop the testing for consecutive cruisers.  

While it may not be true in twenty years, it IS true at the time of this posting that consecutive cruisers need to test for every leg.  

In 20 years I will more than likely be dead. The point is that neither you, me or anyone else on this planet is prescient enough to predict what will happen tomorrow. What is true today is only true until tomorrow dawns.

you and I just have different definitions of “tomorrow”. 

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1