No Hairspray on Symphony

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Sometimes that happens, unfortunately.  

They have been running a shortened version of Grease on the Indy.  It also looked like they were down jce skaters,  One of the staff said injuries..who knows, could easily be injuries or could have been Covid

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They have been running a shortened version of Grease on the Indy.  It also looked like they were down jce skaters,  One of the staff said injuries..who knows, could easily be injuries or could have been Covid

Barb and  saw the whole show at the 3:30  pm one last week.  1 1/2 hours even though the app said 45 minutes.  It was great

Edited by molly361

7 hours ago, homedepot124 said:

We boarded Symphony yesterday and were told there will be no Hairspray this cruise.  'Technical difficulties'  whatever that means.  Pretty disappointing.

Feel for you, but imagine booking a boardwalk balcony to watch aqua theater shows and find out onboard no Aquatheather shows, no theatre shows, 1 comedian for 8 nights (haphazard schedule), ports missed, etc. My point is that it could (has been) worse!

The orchestra played wonderful Dixieland Jazz this morning at the Boardwalk...Classical guitarist at Central Park at 7pm...and at Dazzles, the band "Centerpiece" brought the house down with an energetic tribute to Motown.

20 hours ago, homedepot124 said:

We boarded Symphony yesterday and were told there will be no Hairspray this cruise.  'Technical difficulties'  whatever that means.  Pretty disappointing.

No big loss in my book.. John Waters original movie still the best version.  Broadway play 2nd.  Hated the Travolta thing.  And the ship version took way too long , IMO.

Thanks for sharing the info.

To be blunt, somebody reading these threads feels cancelled shows will ruin their cruise experience, they probably should not cruise during the pandemic.  There is, of course, always a risk that shows will be canceled on a ship, but the risk is currently higher.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MadamGorgeous said:

I thought this meant I can’t wear any hair spray LOL I was in a panic thinking about my curly hair becoming an unruly birds nest. Mama needs her anti-humidity hair spray! 😂

So glad, to know I’m not the only one who initially thought about hairstyling products and not entertainment shows!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

On our B2B "Allure" cruise in January "Technical difficulties" was code for "cast has covid-19".. 

Not sure if that is the case here, but is a possibility. 

It could be covid but I doubt it since it has been at least 6 weeks since a.performance and when we asked last week about covid we were told that no crew tested positive. 

13 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We were on last week and I was also disappointed with no Hairspray. I was told it hasn't been shown for over a month and no restart date has been set, that it was doubtful for the near future.

4 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

It could be covid but I doubt it since it has been at least 6 weeks since a.performance and when we asked last week about covid we were told that no crew tested positive. 

I'm wondering if maybe Hairspray is going to the Wonder, because it has been WAY too long with no show (2+ months as far as I know, since I was on the Xmas sailing and we didn't have it either).  Switching ships, and rehearsing on the new ship would make sense, more than they've had bad luck for 9 weeks straight.

• Like 1

They told us on the 29th January Symphony sailing that the cast were in changeover and Hairspray wouldn't be on the following week either.

Has there been a single showing of Hairspray since the Symphony was taken out of service for 2  weeks in January ?

13 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

They told us on the 29th January Symphony sailing that the cast were in changeover and Hairspray wouldn't be on the following week either.

Has there been a single showing of Hairspray since the Symphony was taken out of service for 2  weeks in January ?

No.

5 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Nor before, I was on the Dec 22nd cruise, and I think the week after also had no Hairspray.

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Highly unlikely.  Moving the sets from one ship to another would be onerous.

True, but all the scenarios feel unlikely to me:

Rolling cast issues (with no fix)

Rolling crew issues (with no fix)

no more Broadway show on Symphony

etc etc etc.  I try and find the "best" option- and then wait for it to be wrong!

• Like 1