Daylight Savings Time

MrCruzdoggie

1 hour ago, MrCruzdoggie said:

We be on the Edge when Daylight Savings Time hits. Shouldn't we a get a credit since the cruise will be cut an hour short?

As a nurse I always felt when the clocks turn back we should get paid for the extra hour on night shift. Never happened. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I suppose a person should ask for a pro-rata reduction in price for an eastbound TA where they keep switching the clock forward an hour as you go across, too! 😜  That's the only reason we take a westbound TA -- we get more hours aboard ship.  Or at least more sleep.  I think.  ???

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

And when is it one hour more. will you pay for it?

We had the same argument where we worked, Union and management involved. Since it was a Police Dept with rotating days off they tried to make it a wash but it complicated because people were saying I was working last change and not working this time. Went on for twenty years.

3 hours ago, MrCruzdoggie said:

We be on the Edge when Daylight Savings Time hits. Shouldn't we a get a credit since the cruise will be cut an hour short?

Didn't you figure that into your decision to book the cruise?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MrCruzdoggie said:

LOL -- -dream on.    Nor will they charge you extra when Daylight Savings time ends.

The fun thing with time zones etc.  When I did the TP to Japan they gave me an extra day of points because we went over the date line. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

As a nurse I always felt when the clocks turn back we should get paid for the extra hour on night shift. Never happened. 

Working a graveyard union job, we got paid an hour overtime during Fall Back when our 8-hr or 10-hr shift became 9 or 11 hours that one night of the year. During Spring Forward, we got 8/10 hrs pay for working 7/9 hr shifts that night. Win-win! 😉

• Haha 1

Guess its a slow day on CC......but to continue the discussion, as I see it based on a 7-night cruise that would be about a .00595 credit due.  So for every $100 spent on the cruise fare you should receive about 59.5 cents back.  I say go for it!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, MrCruzdoggie said:

As @gerelmx and @Jim_lain have commented, would you then be OK with them charging your stateroom account for the extra hour should your cruise take place when the clocks fall back in the fall?  Or would that just be a "red flag" time period to avoid cruising?

13 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

As @gerelmx and @Jim_lain have commented, would you then be OK with them charging your stateroom account for the extra hour should your cruise take place when the clocks fall back in the fall?  Or would that just be a "red flag" time period to avoid cruising?

I am reasonably certain that MrCruzdoggie was joking

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BEAV said:

Working a graveyard union job, we got paid an hour overtime during Fall Back when our 8-hr or 10-hr shift became 9 or 11 hours that one night of the year. During Spring Forward, we got 8/10 hrs pay for working 7/9 hr shifts that night. Win-win! 😉

We weren't unionized, but our bosses rationale was that we got paid for the entire shift in the Spring when we worked one less hour,  so it all worked out (according to them).  That worked if you were on that night in the Spring. 

LOL - Florida is still trying to on Dalight Saving Times year round (hasn't passed yet).

Somehow, being ahead of the rest of the east coast half the year seems to be inappropriate for Florida.

It would make more sense to turn the calendars back a century....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

LOL - Florida is still trying to on Dalight Saving Times year round (hasn't passed yet).

Somehow, being ahead of the rest of the east coast half the year seems to be inappropriate for Florida.

It would make more sense to turn the calendars back a century....

IMO DST makes no sense anymore.  Should drop the concept and maintain a single time.  Of course then the argument would be which time? - "fall back" or "spring forward" based.  LOL.

Personally my vote would be "spring forward"!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

20 hours ago, MrCruzdoggie said:

What about when you cross a time zone either adding or subtracting an hour?  Do you have a spreadsheet to keep track?  Maybe you will break even.  A better alternative is to just drink and fogettaboutit.😁