What do you wish Celebrity would do that other cruise lines do?

Vagabond Knight

The last time I was on Holland America they had several differences that I loved. The first was that one could stay in their stateroom until disembarking. A huge plus over sitting in a theatre or lounge on the final morning.

Secondly, one could also order room service on the final day.  Also a nice plus to avoid a hectic departure.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Some people like to do their own laundry,don’t trust the ships to do a good job with expensive clothes

Your post spark an ancient memory of an event that occurred on board the Marco Polo years ago. We had been aboard several times and loved the piano player and his cruise stories. Something needed to be done to my tuxedo and we were sailing in the orient and asked the pianist where he had his tuxedo altered. He said right here on board we have the finest Chinese laundry and tailors, I will have to take you down for a fitting. I was astonished that these cruise ships really do have master craftsmen from all walks of life that ply their trade on the high seas. There was no price list and the tailor left it up to me and the pianist. The job was seamless when I got it back. I pulled out a $50 and asked if it was enough? It was.

• Like 1

I am very pleased with Celebrity, as it is a great fit for my DH and me, especially since we use the gym on a regular basis.  Celebrity does an excellent  job in Europe too, so that’s why we changed many years ago.  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

Better internet a la Princess who, it appears, have moved into the 21st century.

In recent years Celebrity's internet has been adequate without being speedy but since the restart it has been lamentable. That may be a short term issue caused by them underestimating the amount of bandwidth required during reduced capacity sailings. However, I fear it is more down to AI and them underestimating the effect that would have if bandwidth was not increased. Hopefully they will do something about it but if not then it'll be time to find another cruise line.

Edited by Bugsy1966

41 minutes ago, Bugsy1966 said:

Hopefully they will do something about it but if not then it'll be time to find another cruise line.

Every ship has its deficiencies. We thought the same as you but not to the degree of 'jumping ship'. We were on the Equinox precovid in a CS cabin and always had to walk across the hall into the library to get on-line. Those on CC commiserated, one saying it was the bulk head, another that they had the same problem on their cruise in the same cabin. Made mention to our prior butler from a past cruise and she said she would speak to our present butler, that he could remedy the situation. He came by our cabin and said " No problem, I will boost the signal." It worked fine in the cabin from that point on. (I 'suspect' that these 'little' things are purposely orchestrated for suite guests to need a butlers assistance for a more enjoyable cruise experience).

Edited by morpheusofthesea

I’ve sailed Carnival (one and done), NCL and currently on RCL Odyssey (this will be a one and done as well). The reason we always sail Celebrity is for the peaceful experience we can have on the ship. I will admit I love the piano bar on RCL and I wish Celebrity had something like that. Also, I wish Celebrity had an open late/24 hour spot for a drink/snack. I read a lot of gripes about X’s all in pricing devaluing benefits but speaking as a person who enjoys the drink package, having some basic internet and included gratuity, I think Celebrity is the best overall value at sea. My current RCL cruise, had I added the same items that X includes would cost me $1000 more per person than a similar X sailing for an experience I think is no where near the level of X. 

• Like 2

I regularly sail both Celebrity and Carnival. I've also tried RCL and MSC. I have never had a bad cruise! Some have definitely been better than others, but never anything close to bad! I will say that I prefer Celebrity. But, my kids prefer Carnival right now. When they were younger, they loved Celebrity. The kids' clubs are awesome for younger kids. I think both lines do their thing well. I do find myself thinking, I wish Carnival would do ... like Celebrity does much more than I ever think the opposite. However, I really wish Celebrity had a piano bar.

For us, definitely a self-service laundry area and load CC drinks on seapass card to use all day.  We have sailed Carnival, Princess, RCCL,  NCL, Costa, HAL and all-in-all, we prefer Celebrity.  My ranking:

(1) Celebrity

(2) RCCL

(3) Princess

(4) Carnival

(5) NCL

(6) HAL

(7) Costa 

We were on the Holland America Eurodam 3 years ago, best entertainment options that we have ever experienced, from the amazing Lincoln Centre Stage for classical music performances, a wonderful Blues/Motown club with an amazing live band and dancing all evening, two pianists sing along.  Never dull at night.   Think Celebrity can up its game in that department.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Think Celebrity can up its game in that department.  

One might be pleased with Edge as of this past February 2022. Early and late show in Theatre. Two jazz ensembles in the Brooklyn Bar share the stage at different times all evening, Two pianos in the atrium near the Venchi chocolate Bar with seating, and a show every evening in Cabaret Rouge as well, with tables, sofas in red upholstery, and bar service.

39 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

pianos in the atrium near the Venchi chocolate Bar with seating,

Sorry, I am getting too old and am taking too many cruises too close together. The dualing pianos was on the Seashore in February 2022. Was on the Edge in Nov 2021, Equinox Dec and they are all blending together. Please disregard these two posts.

On 3/2/2022 at 12:13 PM, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

I spoke too soon,,,,I wish Celebrity did winter cruises in the Med like P&O

Well my wish as come true……

Just received an e Mail,,,,,,,,,Infinity will be based in the Med from Oct 23 to March 24.

Itineraries include Spain,Portugal,Canaries and Morocco.

Yes I saw that yesterday. Think of booking 9 Dec 2023. I'm wanting to go back to Morocco

21 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

They have enough pianos on board. They can take those pianos out of the penthouse suite. Complete waste of space along with that dance floor in front of it.

It is my understanding that the M class Celebrity Revolution removes the piano from the penthouse suites.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

It is my understanding that the M class Celebrity Revolution removes the piano from the penthouse suites.

Yes they are removed... leaving room for an optional Peloton

• Thanks 1

Another vote for HAL laundry. Taking our first Celebrity cruise next month and already missing not being able to fill a laundry bag with how much you can fit inside for one price. Usually $25 for US sailings and maybe $10 more for Europe. 

On 3/2/2022 at 12:34 PM, mfs2k said:

How many Carnival cruises have you been on?

I find it amusing how so many people are against Carnival because of perceptions and not based on any personal experience. 

I know a lot of people, including us, who are Diamonds or Platinums on Carnival who no longer cruise on Carnival. The experience on Carnival has gone significantly downhill over the last half dozen years or so. Most of these changes took place after Christine Duffy started at Carnival, which is not a coincidence in my opinion.

My wife and I still love cruising and have been on 7 cruises since last Summer and have 8 more cruises booked this year. However, none of these cruises are on Carnival and we won’t cruise on Carnival again. I still think Carnival has its good points (you don’t reach the top levels of their loyalty program without a lot of cruises), but currently we find the experience on RCI and Celebrity far exceeds Carnival.  

On 3/4/2022 at 9:56 AM, Bugsy1966 said:

Better internet a la Princess who, it appears, have moved into the 21st century.

In recent years Celebrity's internet has been adequate without being speedy but since the restart it has been lamentable. That may be a short term issue caused by them underestimating the amount of bandwidth required during reduced capacity sailings. However, I fear it is more down to AI and them underestimating the effect that would have if bandwidth was not increased. Hopefully they will do something about it but if not then it'll be time to find another cruise line.

We have sailed on Apex and Millennium in the past few months and the WiFi worked fine for our purposes (texting, e-mail, FB, Internet surfing). However, when we were on Apex recently, there were several YouTube bloggers we talked to who said the WiFi was terrible and it was very difficult to upload videos while on the ship. 

Take a Disney Cruise and see the difference in how everything is done. They are by far the best just wish they had a adult only ship. Some few items... minutes to check in no lines, when you disembark have your breakfast and walk off when you want. Plus when you disembark from your trip you know exactly where you luggage is going to be. Its placed in a rack (just your luggage). Just way to may kids!

• Thanks 1

I just read through this thread and we must be in the minority as far as WiFi. My husband works remote and always has to do some work while on board. He has never had an issue with the WiFi. Our most recent cruise was in December on Reflection. Before that we did a TA on Infinity in October 2019 and due to the length had to work more. No issues at all with the WiFi on any of our cruises in the last several years. 

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I just read through this thread and we must be in the minority as far as WiFi. My husband works remote and always has to do some work while on board. He has never had an issue with the WiFi. Our most recent cruise was in December on Reflection. Before that we did a TA on Infinity in October 2019 and due to the length had to work more. No issues at all with the WiFi on any of our cruises in the last several years. 

I agree with you. The Wi-Fi may work to well I find myself doing to much work on the ship because of this. Miss the days of no phone and no Wi-Fi so I could sit back and enjoy then check in to the office at each port. 

4 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

Take a Disney Cruise and see the difference in how everything is done. They are by far the best just wish they had a adult only ship. Some few items... minutes to check in no lines, when you disembark have your breakfast and walk off when you want. Plus when you disembark from your trip you know exactly where you luggage is going to be. Its placed in a rack (just your luggage). Just way to may kids!

I wouldn’t go on Any cruise ship that has talking rats on it!! And an ‘adult only’ Disney cruise? Kind of not the reason the entire Disney Business including the Line exists…..and able to price it’s SRs as such high levels. 

And I’ll disagree that Disney is somehow special because you can have breakfast and walk off ‘when you want’. Breakfast on departure is available on All the cruise lines I’ve taken and I can walk off any time I wish…….up to the time all have to be off which is also true with Disney since it needs to get you Off and new new passengers On…..kind of just like all cruise lines.

And Disney Line has too many kids????? Well, I agree with that!! I think DisneyWorld and all the Disney properties would be sooooo much better without all those rotten little kids running around ruining them. 

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

I wouldn’t go on Any cruise ship that has talking rats on it!! And an ‘adult only’ Disney cruise? Kind of not the reason the entire Disney Business including the Line exists…..and able to price it’s SRs as such high levels. 

And I’ll disagree that Disney is somehow special because you can have breakfast and walk off ‘when you want’. Breakfast on departure is available on All the cruise lines I’ve taken and I can walk off any time I wish…….up to the time all have to be off which is also true with Disney since it needs to get you Off and new new passengers On…..kind of just like all cruise lines.

And Disney Line has too many kids????? Well, I agree with that!! I think DisneyWorld and all the Disney properties would be sooooo much better without all those rotten little kids running around ruining them. 

Den

Hope I never get this old to write such things. Grumpy!