Did covid tests ever change to 3 days, officially?

Jemnibabe

There was plenty of discussion last week, that tests would change to 3 days instead of 2, on March 1, but I have seen nothing official on it at all. Does anyone have anything recent stating the rules now as of March 2?  Thanks

The 2/28 CruiseHealth update still states it’s 2 days as does my Travel Summary. On 2/24 their SVP of Sales stated in his webinar it would be 3 days for PCR and 2 days for antigen effective on 3/1. On 2/25 my Travel Summary showed 3 days but the next day was back to 2 days. However that has not happened…sad that info provided by their spokesperson is inaccurate & no update is provided about the status.

235382C2-902F-4395-A488-19AF2812D25C.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 4

Carnival changed their requirement to 3 days. I got a notification Saturday that it was 3 days for my March 20 Enchanted cruise. The next day, it was changed back to 2. Makes to rather hard to plan.

Janet

This is ridiculous. I need to know what the Covid requirements are for boarding. Is it a negative result of a test 3 days out? Is it 2 days? When I log into my account it says 2 days. I will not be a happy camper if I find out a 3 day test is OK. I've got to go way out of my way to get a test 2 days in advance. My hospital does not guarantee results of Thurs tests on Saturday. I live in a rural spot where tests aren't easily available.

This will be my first Princess cruise, and I gotta say, I am not impressed with the website, or the Ocean Medallion app. What a sh#tshow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Peira said:

This is ridiculous. I need to know what the Covid requirements are for boarding. Is it a negative result of a test 3 days out? Is it 2 days? When I log into my account it says 2 days. I will not be a happy camper if I find out a 3 day test is OK. I've got to go way out of my way to get a test 2 days in advance. My hospital does not guarantee results of Thurs tests on Saturday. I live in a rural spot where tests aren't easily available.

This will be my first Princess cruise, and I gotta say, I am not impressed with the website, or the Ocean Medallion app. What a sh#tshow.

I struggled on a Monday cruise as testing was limited on weekends also.

When I spoke to Princess on Friday - they said 3 days. Frustrating. She said this would help people who have to travel and want to fly in a day or two before. And here I scheduled a flight to Europe the day of the cruise! Something I swear I would never do. 

Thanks CarelessandConfused, Thanks Coral.

If I want a 3-day-in-advance-of-boarding testing reservation at my hospital I've got to book it tomorrow at 8am when next Wednesdays appts open up. And I don't want to hog one of the limited test appointments if a 2 day test is required. 

I can't help but think Princess higher-ups don't know what they are doing if they can't get something so simple, and important, straight.

OK, end of rant.

• Like 5

Wow, I surely didn't mean to set everyone off but I sure feel your pain.  I sail on the 12th and need something firm that I can work with.  I expected yesterday there would be a notice that would be definite but I guess I am going to assume it is 2 days and not stress about this any longer.  Thanks for any help you have tried to provide.

My bad. Princess does say 3 days prior for PCR, 2 days for Antigen test.  I will accept my punishment and not allow any drinks to touch my lips for 8 hrs a day (while sleeping😉)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peira said:

My bad. Princess does say 3 days prior for PCR, 2 days for Antigen test.  I will accept my punishment and not allow any drinks to touch my lips for 8 hrs a day (while sleeping😉)

Where is this on their site? Everything that I see is still 2 days including my documents. I'm not so sure that the PCR will come in 2 days but I guess that we will make a trial run PCR test today just to make sure. 

Where is this on their site?

I pulled it from Astro Flyer's post up top.  Astro Flyer, what says you? Where did you find it? Please don't tell us that it has since disappeared. 🙃

I'm sailing in 2 days, 3/5 on the Sky.  Two different Princess reps told me the new requirement was pushed to 3 days SO I took photos of those online chats.  I took a PCR test yesterday (3 days out) but am wondering if I should take a rapid test today just to be certain I don't run into trouble while checking in.....

• Like 1

We have a 7 member family cruise on Caribbean Princess March 6.  Today would have worked great had it been changed to 3 days for the rapid.  Instead we will all do the home tests in the wee hours of Friday then start traveling to Fla.  The home test worked great for us on Thanksgiving Day and we have every confidence it will work this time as well.  But that 3rd day would have been a huge help.

13 hours ago, Peira said:

Thanks CarelessandConfused, Thanks Coral.

If I want a 3-day-in-advance-of-boarding testing reservation at my hospital I've got to book it tomorrow at 8am when next Wednesdays appts open up. And I don't want to hog one of the limited test appointments if a 2 day test is required. 

I can't help but think Princess higher-ups don't know what they are doing if they can't get something so simple, and important, straight.

OK, end of rant.

Why not just buy one of the proctored home tests, have it sent to you at home, and do it 2 days prior, at home?     

Seems like a no-brainer if its such a hassle to book tests where you live.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

I'm sailing in 2 days, 3/5 on the Sky.  Two different Princess reps told me the new requirement was pushed to 3 days SO I took photos of those online chats.  I took a PCR test yesterday (3 days out) but am wondering if I should take a rapid test today just to be certain I don't run into trouble while checking in.....

I sail next week. My PVP, who I fully trust, told me last week it would be 3 days. Nowhere on the website can I now find 3 days, although on my travel summary it did change and then changed back. I can only assume the communication of this policy to the staff is just as messed up it is to passengers. I will be testing at 2 days, not risking showing up at port and needing a retest. 

4 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I sail next week. My PVP, who I fully trust, told me last week it would be 3 days. Nowhere on the website can I now find 3 days, although on my travel summary it did change and then changed back. I can only assume the communication of this policy to the staff is just as messed up it is to passengers. I will be testing at 2 days, not risking showing up at port and needing a retest. 

Yep, exactly my situation.  My pvp said three days last week, I emailed her again yesterday to double check, and this time she said test at 2 days to not risk problems at check in.   We're doing the BinaxNow proctored home tests on Tuesday morning for a Thursday embarkation.  

Our cruise isn't until May, but we're travelling from East to West Coast on Mon. for a Tues. departure and would need to have test on a Sun. if the 2-day testing requirement holds.  Have been holding off ordering proctored tests to see a "big announcement" after reading about change to 3 days--but, so far, no evidence I can find.  So many of us would benefit from the testing being changed to 3 days.  

Very frustrating and a giant P-I-T-A.   

On a positive, note, at least the mask requirements have been relaxed.

1 hour ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Why not just buy one of the proctored home tests, have it sent to you at home, and do it 2 days prior, at home?     

Seems like a no-brainer if its such a hassle to book tests where you live.  

Because I can get a PCR test for free at my health provider. Why pay for something if I don’t have to. We have gotten results back in 12 to 24 hours in the past 

2 hours ago, Mike_DeA said:

If you can, I would!