Did covid tests ever change to 3 days, officially?

Jemnibabe

2 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Do these tests cost money now or are they free?

Free drive-thru tests are available thru CVS and Walgreens and some county/city run testing sites.

The proctored tests cost money in most states.  I have read in some recent cruise critic comments that some states (Ohio? Nebraska?) are distributing the proctored version but that hasn't been a common comment.  Here is the info from the Princess website answering the question:  Is a self-test acceptable?  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test (sometimes referred to as an at-home test) that meets the following criteria:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please note, antigen tests are accepted for fully vaccinated guests, but not for unvaccinated guests.
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.

Princess has partnered with Optum and Radeas so that U.S.-based vaccinated guests can order an FDA-authorized at-home antigen test kit, shipped to your door. These at-home tests include a telehealth service. Please place your order with enough time to be shipped prior to your boarding. Order your Optum test kit^ or Radeas test kit online^.

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Free drive-thru tests are available thru CVS and Walgreens and some county/city run testing sites.

The proctored tests cost money in most states.  I have read in some recent cruise critic comments that some states (Ohio? Nebraska?) are distributing the proctored version but that hasn't been a common comment.  Here is the info from the Princess website answering the question:  Is a self-test acceptable?  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test (sometimes referred to as an at-home test) that meets the following criteria:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please note, antigen tests are accepted for fully vaccinated guests, but not for unvaccinated guests.
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.

Princess has partnered with Optum and Radeas so that U.S.-based vaccinated guests can order an FDA-authorized at-home antigen test kit, shipped to your door. These at-home tests include a telehealth service. Please place your order with enough time to be shipped prior to your boarding. Order your Optum test kit^ or Radeas test kit online^.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:23 AM, Mike_DeA said:

I'm sailing in 2 days, 3/5 on the Sky.  Two different Princess reps told me the new requirement was pushed to 3 days SO I took photos of those online chats.  I took a PCR test yesterday (3 days out) but am wondering if I should take a rapid test today just to be certain I don't run into trouble while checking in.....

Just to wrap up my story, I ended up getting a 2nd test, rapid antigen, 2 days out.  At the port I showed the 3 day out test results but the staff member barely looked at it (on my phone) and moved along with checking me in, so I didn't need the 2nd test results but had them if necessary.  But your results may vary.

• Thanks 2

It updated today:

Screenshot_20220309-091901_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4da92acca11fde6761ed86beacb198aa.jpg

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Note the difference in fully vaccinated VS up to date. I'm up to date but going to Canada so now I'm watching to see if they incorporate those guidelines as well. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

It updated today:

Screenshot_20220309-091901_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4da92acca11fde6761ed86beacb198aa.jpg

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Note the difference in fully vaccinated VS up to date. I'm up to date but going to Canada so now I'm watching to see if they incorporate those guidelines as well. 

Not that it matters, I am Fully Vaccinated and choose rapid antigen tests...BUT, (in my opinion), this will cause even more delays at the port as agents. try to decipher who, what, and when.

Thank you for posting the new chart.  I hope it will clarify testing for passengers.  Does any one believe testing will be dropped any time soon?

My Moderna vaccine verification card clearly states "3rd dose." So technically that's all I need. The confusion may come as Canada wants: PCR 3 days, Antigen 1 day irrespective of whether one is fully or up to date vaccinated 

On 3/5/2022 at 11:56 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

Do these tests cost money now or are they free?

I've always tested for free (to me). Site bills my insurance which denies them the state which denies as I'm eligible under the feds. 

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

It updated today:

Thanks…I am fuming at the Princess incompetence. Yesterday I received a call from a rep at their Director of Customer Relations in response to my email to him about the inconsistencies related to testing in the past 2 weeks…from 2 days to 3 days to begin on 3/1; back to 2 days where the rep said it remained. Eight days after their SVP of Sales promised 3 day testing it finally happens yet their Director of Customer Relations was unaware of it yesterday. I prefer the PCR test & keep having to change my appointment for my cruise departing in 17 days…the lack of communication within Princess is terrible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

It updated today:

OMG.  I could have gone ahead with the tests I had booked today but cancelled!!!!!  Now we are stuck with taking the tests first thing in the morning which leaves us barely enough time to get to the airport, park, shuttle, then upload proof!!!!  Assuming the results arrive in time.  If we could have taken our tests this afternoon for half the price I could have finished the flight check-in and then just taken a taxi to the airport which was $250 less than park ‘n fly!!!!  Total savings (and grief) would have been $400!!!!  This makes me fume.  🤬

6 minutes ago, nini said:

Pray tell, WHERE does one go for a Covid test in London when you arrive late on a Friday and you get on the ship on Monday?

This is becoming more complicated.

These protocols are for sailings from US only.  Do not know what protocols are in Europe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, emeraldlake said:

These protocols are for sailings from US only.  Do not know what protocols are in Europe.

Thank you. I could have sworn that I saw on the Princess website that international protocols would "soon" be available. Well, SOON better be right away so we can plan.

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Mine also for late March…on 2/25 it went to 3 days & back to 2 the next day.

4 hours ago, memoak said:

I see the new info on the website but my travel summary for late April still days 2 days for PCR not 3

If I go into my travel summary page right above the “Welcome my name” there is a red highlighted box that says update. It leads to another page with the updated 3 day testing info. My cruise is also end of April

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

It updated today:

In the update today at  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/ ,

among the various updates to the page, one item indicates that they are working with Canadian health authorities to get the requirements updated by Canada.

image.thumb.png.bcc6e3b213ee1205012c7480fdcea61c.png

Edited by brisalta

39 minutes ago, vickie_bernie said:

Well I am glad.  I am flying from Canada.  US requires antigen 24 hrs prior to flight.  Thankfully that test will now work for cruise as we fly down early.  

Not 24 hours.  It’s one day prior.  So, for example, if you are flying into the US on Sunday you can take your test anytime on Saturday or Sunday.

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

Not 24 hours.  It’s one day prior.  So, for example, if you are flying into the US on Sunday you can take your test anytime on Saturday or Sunday.

You are correct.  

Sorry I can't edit post.

Yes one day prior. Test results to enter US.  

9 hours ago, travellingnana said:

If I go into my travel summary page right above the “Welcome my name” there is a red highlighted box that says update. It leads to another page with the updated 3 day testing info. My cruise is also end of April

Thanks…that wasn’t there earlier today & it takes me to the CruiseHealth webpage where I can go to the FAQs to see the 3 days however my Travel Summary has not been updated yet.