Did covid tests ever change to 3 days, officially?

Jemnibabe

8 hours ago, Coral said:

I cruised in December and tests were difficult to get then (lines for hours) - when omicron was high. I needed to test over a weekend which was difficult as my cruise started on a Monday. Now, tests are readily available and the tests the State gives out are from eMed and allow for proctored tests. I had to go to my County Health department to get them.

Our Urgent Care was charging about $300 for tests - it was the cost of a medical visit plus a covid test. NOMI Health and Walgreens are the best here and are free.

Where I live, we just lost our mask mandate about 3 weeks ago. 

Do you live in Omaha/Lincoln?  We just walked in to get our tests to the Urgent care., we live not too far from Norfolk.    (Ihad called to ahead to be sure they were giving them.)  We are on Medicare, so maybe that makes a difference as to cost.  At that time--November--our local CVS and Walgreens were not giving test.  

Leaving in about 18 days on another cruise and will soon call to see if we have the same option for testing.  

1 hour ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Do you live in Omaha/Lincoln?  We just walked in to get our tests to the Urgent care., we live not too far from Norfolk.    (Ihad called to ahead to be sure they were giving them.)  We are on Medicare, so maybe that makes a difference as to cost.  At that time--November--our local CVS and Walgreens were not giving test.  

Leaving in about 18 days on another cruise and will soon call to see if we have the same option for testing.  

Yes - Lincoln. My best friend is from Hadar/Pierce area. 🙂 

On 3/9/2022 at 1:37 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Mine also for late March…on 2/25 it went to 3 days & back to 2 the next day.

I sail in a couple of weeks and I plan to bring a copy of the chart from Princess website just in case there is a rep that’s confused about why my test was taken three prior instead of two days prior. 

We sail on the Enchanted April 9. I currently have 6 boxes of unopened iHealth test kits that were provided free of charge from the government. I'll make an appointment here for an online monitored test for 3 days before the cruise. $20/pp. Or two days if it hasn't changed.

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

Edited by billco
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, billco said:

We sail on the Enchanted April 9. I currently have 6 boxes of unopened iHealth test kits that were provided free of charge from the government. I'll make an appointment here for an online monitored test for 3 days before the cruise. $20/pp. Or two days if it hasn't changed.

Those are proctored (monitored) tests?  I know a few people who got the government supplied tests and they turned out to be OTC tests and were no good for travel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billco said:

You might want to make sure they are good for cruises, even though it says travel,  it also says flights on the link.

• Like 1

CruiseHealth USA FAQs updated 3/15/22 (also UK & Europe FAQs are now available)

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Will I need to have a pre-travel viral COVID-19 test performed prior to boarding the ship?

Yes, in accordance with CDC directives, ALL guests will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken before embarkation. Testing requirements are as follows:

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Will I need to have a pre-travel viral COVID-19 test performed prior to boarding the ship?

Yes, in accordance with CDC directives, ALL guests will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken before embarkation. Testing requirements are as follows:

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

Thank you! They really need to send this out to everyone on the sailings.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

Fully Vaccinated

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

WOW - European guidelines!

Based on current European Union Healthy Gateways (EUHG) guidelines, to board the ship all guests age 5 and above will require a medically observed, negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 1 day of embarkation. These protocols are subject to change and we’ll communicate any updates as they become available.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

WOW - European guidelines!

Based on current European Union Healthy Gateways (EUHG) guidelines, to board the ship all guests age 5 and above will require a medically observed, negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 1 day of embarkation. These protocols are subject to change and we’ll communicate any updates as they become available.

The UK is 2 or 3 days depending on the test.

4 minutes ago, nini said:

The UK is 2 or 3 days depending on the test.

Italy dropped their testing requirement but I have to test the day before and my flight is at 6 am.

Edited by Coral

15 hours ago, billco said:

Thank you so much for sharing this! I had no idea you could pay to have a medical professional monitor you doing these online. Do you have any idea how far in advance you need to book the appointment?

Edited by cemolly

41 minutes ago, cemolly said:

Thank you so much for sharing this! I had no idea you could pay to have a medical professional monitor you doing these online. Do you have any idea how far in advance you need to book the appointment?

The schedule is on their website. Lots of openings. Just scroll down.

Edited by billco
  • Like 1