Concierge Club Access for Diamond Plus on Anthem?

3 hours ago, island lady said:

OK...I found it.  I only got the email pertaining to Pinnacles...but found this on the RCI members benefit update.  Though took some digging! 😮   So apparently if you can find a ship that still has a CL on it, D+ are allowed back in the CL.  D+ were kicked out of the CL pre-Covid shut down...now they are back again.  

But indeed...the CLs are going away.  

We're on Anthem in a little less than two weeks and the deck plans still show a CL.  It's one of the nicest lounges in the fleet, spanning the entire aft portion of the ship.

BTW, hearty congratulations on making Pinnacle!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We're on Anthem in a little less than two weeks and the deck plans still show a CL.  It's one of the nicest lounges in the fleet, spanning the entire aft portion of the ship.

BTW, hearty congratulations on making Pinnacle!

Anthem has not yet changed then?  Odyssey definitely did last month.  Totally an SL now, but still showing as CL on deck plans right now on RCI website deck plans. 

Aww...gwarsh...thanks.  😉 🤭  Just ended up as such as a natural progression, lots of happy cruise memories got us there.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Anthem has not yet changed then?  Odyssey definitely did last month.  Totally an SL now, but still showing as CL on deck plans right now on RCI website deck plans. 

Aww...gwarsh...thanks.  😉 🤭  Just ended up as such as a natural progression, lots of happy cruise memories got us there.  

Our last cruise before COVID was on Anthem and it was still a CL.  Of course, Concierge Ricardo informed us that we were now "persona non grata," so I'm hoping RCCL has reinstituted the perk and the concierge doesn't use the "overcrowding" excuse to close the doors.  

Yes, lots of happy memories.  Did anyone say "John Denton?"

• Like 2

When we were on the Anthem last August and September it was only available to Suite Guests and they made a makeshift area for Pinnacle in the corner of the Music Hall, very noisy and loud once the bands started playing in the Music Hall and most used the Diamond lounge from the number of badges we saw. 😤😳😟

On 3/12/2022 at 8:55 AM, SRF said:

Yes, D+ get access to the Concierge Lounge.

However, on most, if not all, ships, there is no longer a Concierge Lounge, it is now the Suite Lounge.  Limited to full suite guests and Pinnacles. 

However, during much of COVID, the Pins had their own lounge and only suite guests in the Suite Lounge.

I'm a newly minted Diamond Plus on the Anthem now.  I was excited when I saw this post, but when I went to the Concierge Lounge I was told Diamond Plus was not currently allowed in.

YMMV

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I'm a newly minted Diamond Plus on the Anthem now.  I was excited when I saw this post, but when I went to the Concierge Lounge I was told Diamond Plus was not currently allowed in.

YMMV

Tom

Maybe you should show guest services this memo...they can be slow getting information.

also it says departing March 15th and onward may have something to do with it.

image.thumb.png.861a9eb454a2dbfa01e0697ba7d1fa7b.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gc said:

Maybe you should show guest services this memo...they can be slow getting information.

also it says departing March 15th and onward may have something to do with it.

image.thumb.png.861a9eb454a2dbfa01e0697ba7d1fa7b.png

But that's still conditioned on not having too many D+ and Pins on board, and I have a feeling that "too many" is a very low number.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

But that's still conditioned on not having too many D+ and Pins on board, and I have a feeling that "too many" is a very low number.

Our cruise started on the 13th, so that could be the issue.  There are only about 200 Pinnacle and Diamond Plus on board. 

Oh well, another 400 points and I can complain they won't let me in as a Pinnacle.

Tom

1 hour ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

There are only about 200 Pinnacle and Diamond Plus on board.

You pretty much summed up the issue with letting folks into the Suite and Concierge Lounges.  When they first allowed folks into the CL based on C&A status, they never contemplated having so many.  Imagine having "only" another 200 folks lined up to come into the CL.  I don't know   Ain't gonna happen.

Back the dawn of the CL (about fifteen years ago) and long before the advent of the Suite Lounge, Diamond members were allowed in the CL.  Welcomed, even.  Of course, the whole idea of D+ and Pinnacle was fairly new at that point.  It wasn't long before it was restricted to D+ and above, and even that seems rather untenable.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 3:13 PM, yogimax said:

Our last cruise before COVID was on Anthem and it was still a CL.  Of course, Concierge Ricardo informed us that we were now "persona non grata," so I'm hoping RCCL has reinstituted the perk and the concierge doesn't use the "overcrowding" excuse to close the doors.  

Yes, lots of happy memories.  Did anyone say "John Denton?"

Yes...very fond memories we both have of John. 🤗 

Sadly I heard he has retired, so goes the info network we heard on Odyssey.   He had a heart attack on one of the ships, was even literally dead for a few minutes.  😮  Luckily made it back again, but became too much for him.  He was the best HD ever!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Given the size of the CL on Anthem, reduced ship capacity and past experience it seems that the "overcrowded" excuse is just that, an excuse.  It may also be the result of a lazy concierge who wants to limit their workload.  One regular concierge on Anthem fit that mold, only hopping to action when the captain paid a nightly visit.

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes...very fond memories we both have of John. 🤗 

Sadly I heard he has retired, so goes the info network we heard on Odyssey.   He had a heart attack on one of the ships, was even literally dead for a few minutes.  😮  Luckily made it back again, but became too much for him.  He was the best HD ever!  

Oh my, that's horrific.  So glad they saved him.  Thanks for the update.  Totally agree that he was "the best HD ever!"

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Given the size of the CL on Anthem, reduced ship capacity and past experience it seems that the "overcrowded" excuse is just that, an excuse.

3/1/2020 sailing of Anthem had 158 D+ and sailed at close to 100% capacity.

12/12/2021 sailing of Anthem had 351 D+ and sailed at about 64% capacity.

CL capacity is maybe 70.

Biker, who thinks the days of D+ getting into the CL are behind us.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

CL capacity is maybe 70.

Getting "iffy" for Pinnies too.  

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 2:44 PM, island lady said:

Sign has been SL since day 1.

No idea why marked CL on web deck plans. Lazy, I guess.

Do you recall how it was marked on the onboard signage. I don’t for sure, but I thought it was SL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

CL capacity is maybe 70.

I counted 100 seats on Odyssey if you counted stools. 50 of them were unavailable on Jan 29 cruise due to social distancing. 

I think we had 70 Pins onboard

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you recall how it was marked on the onboard signage. I don’t for sure, but I thought it was SL

Anthem and pretty sure the rest of Q class (except Spectrum) the sign at the door still says CL. 

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sign has been SL since day 1.

No idea why marked CL on web deck plans. Lazy, I guess.

I know it was marked as SL outside the door.  Though us lowly Pinnies in a JS were not allowed in, and I did try my key....didn't work.  😄 

On 3/15/2022 at 7:44 PM, island lady said:

Many congratulations to yourself and Bucky making Pinnacle Pat.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Many congratulations to yourself and Bucky making Pinnacle Pat.

Graham.

Thanks my friend!  🙂  It just came out as a natural progression..... due to being addicted to cruising.  😄 

The best perk?  The free internet.  😉 

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

Thanks my friend!  🙂  It just came out as a natural progression..... due to being addicted to cruising.  😄 

The best perk?  The free internet.  😉 

Thank you Pat.

We are on our last day of a 14 night cruise on P&O newest ship Iona.

We are on Anthem in May and September from Southampton.

Current view from our Aft balcony.

IMG_20220318_143452.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Pat.

We are on our last day of a 14 night cruise on P&O newest ship Iona.

We are on Anthem in May and September from Southampton.

Current view from our Aft balcony.

IMG_20220318_143452.jpg

Beautiful!  Something so mesmerizing about the wake view.  🙂 

• Thanks 1