Concierge Club Access for Diamond Plus on Anthem?

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That makes sense, but still curious about Odyssey 

Shows you how much I pay attention 😮  Obviously we were on for two weeks and can't remember how it was listed on directions boards...but I do remember seeing it shown as "Suite's Lounge" on the door when we got way back there on deck 13.   Does Laura remember?  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Shows you how much I pay attention 😮  Obviously we were on for two weeks and can't remember how it was listed on directions boards...but I do remember seeing it shown as "Suite's Lounge" on the door when we got way back there on deck 13.   Does Laura remember?  

She says the signs in elevator lobby said SL, but not 100% sure. 

Surprised I didn't take a picture

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

She says the signs in elevator lobby said SL, but not 100% sure. 

Surprised I didn't take a picture

I don't think you liked the elevator buttons.  May have been distracted at that time.  😄 😄 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who thinks the days of D+ getting into the CL are behind us.

19 hours ago, island lady said:

Getting "iffy" for Pinnies too.

Frankly, I think they only reason they brought those benefits back was because they went away during covid times.  I expect they will be largely nominal benefits for a time, and then the covid policies will come back on a permanent basis (i.e., an evening Pinnacle Lounge).

There's just no other way at all to handle it.  The whole policy, going all the way back to when the CL first appeared, was designed around the assumption that there would only be a handful of passengers outside of suites who would qualify for CL/SL access.  That assumption has long since become invalid.

Besides, the drink vouchers are a pretty nice benefit.  Most folks D+ and above come out ahead on that deal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

Frankly, I think they only reason they brought those benefits back was because they went away during covid times.  I expect they will be largely nominal benefits for a time, and then the covid policies will come back on a permanent basis (i.e., an evening Pinnacle Lounge).

There's just no other way at all to handle it.  The whole policy, going all the way back to when the CL first appeared, was designed around the assumption that there would only be a handful of passengers outside of suites who would qualify for CL/SL access.  That assumption has long since become invalid.

Besides, the drink vouchers are a pretty nice benefit.  Most folks D+ and above come out ahead on that deal!

D+ were kicked out of CLs (on ships that still have them) even before Covid reared it's ugly head.   Pinnies were the next to be booted....after Covid return...and of course during high number TA crossings.  Though the Pinnie lounge for those were much nicer than the post Covid set up...IMHO.   

Totally agree on the six drink vouchers as being a huge improvement.  Really enjoying that feature.  Hope it does not go away.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Totally agree on the six drink vouchers as being a huge improvement.  Really enjoying that feature.  Hope it does not go away.  

I think the drink vouchers are great, especially now that they are good all day, not just during happy hour. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I think the drink vouchers are great, especially now that they are good all day, not just during happy hour. 

Ditto to that!!  Happy hour is whenever we want it to be....wherever we want it to be.  😄 Cheers! 🍸

• Like 3

When Ovation first came to North America it was top heavy with D+ and above.  For the Northbound trip and much of the first Alaska season they banned D+ from the CL.  Later when she returned down under the D+ CL ban was lifted.  

The concierge said there was no corporate edict to ban D+ across the board,  the threshold she used was 80-90 or above D+ to institute a ban on that sailing.   It just so happened that occurred for most of the Alaska season.  Back then on the Australia cruise season D+ were allowed in the CL.  It rarely crossed the threshold and wasn't something she put a lot of effort focusing on when the ship was in Australia.  North American cruises just have too many D+.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

When Ovation first came to North America it was top heavy with D+ and above.  For the Northbound trip and much of the first Alaska season they banned D+ from the CL.  Later when she returned down under the D+ CL ban was lifted.  

The concierge said there was no corporate edict to ban D+ across the board,  the threshold she used was 80-90 or above D+ to institute a ban on that sailing.   It just so happened that occurred for most of the Alaska season.  Back then on the Australia cruise season D+ were allowed in the CL.  It rarely crossed the threshold and wasn't something she put a lot of effort focusing on when the ship was in Australia.  North American cruises just have too many D+.

And most especially....cruises from Florida.  😉 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

1,000,000% dead on target

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCPIV said:

On 3/17/2022 at 6:55 AM, gc said:

Maybe you should show guest services this memo...they can be slow getting information.

also it says departing March 15th and onward may have something to do with it.

image.thumb.png.861a9eb454a2dbfa01e0697ba7d1fa7b.png

4 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Apparently Royal Caribbean is not aware of this.....maybe you should bring this to their attention. 

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

If CL/SL access is important,  I'd book a suite.

I never said it was important for me.....just conveying Royal Caribbean most current communications.     

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Agreed, RC wants friends now that people are traveling again.  Once the numbers are back up I also fully expect a more SL and less CL policy.

19 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

1,000,000% dead on target

Hello,

Perhaps now is the opportunity to add yet more C&A layers. After all, above pinnacle  the following are still available: Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere and Thermosphere - interplanetary space (some occupants of which are already C&A members by my reckoning).

Regards,

Cublet

• 8 months later...

Resurrecting this thread from March...

Anyone have any recent experience with D+ access to Concierge Club on Anthem?  Are they deciding week by week, or is it just a standing no?

Will there be lots of Diamond Plus and Pinnacles on a Dec 26 Holiday Week sailing from Bayonne, or would they not be caught dead anywhere near that floating nursery school?

I'll know soon enough on both counts, but thought I'd get your opinions.

1 hour ago, Seawishes said:

Resurrecting this thread from March...

Anyone have any recent experience with D+ access to Concierge Club on Anthem?  Are they deciding week by week, or is it just a standing no?

Will there be lots of Diamond Plus and Pinnacles on a Dec 26 Holiday Week sailing from Bayonne, or would they not be caught dead anywhere near that floating nursery school?

I'll know soon enough on both counts, but thought I'd get your opinions.

Not allowed in on the October TA. 

On 3/17/2022 at 2:51 PM, yogimax said:

Given the size of the CL on Anthem, reduced ship capacity and past experience it seems that the "overcrowded" excuse is just that, an excuse.  It may also be the result of a lazy concierge who wants to limit their workload.  One regular concierge on Anthem fit that mold, only hopping to action when the captain paid a nightly visit.

Not when we have sailed over the past year.  Leo was a great concierge on Anthem.

They have strict guidelines for numbers (D+, Pinnacles) allowed into the Concierge Club on all ships.  That's how they make gratuities.  If as you say, they are lazy, they are cutting their own income.