Concierge Club Access for Diamond Plus on Anthem?

RCCL D+ benefits still show access to the Concierge Lounge as a benefit.  Before COVID, the lounge on Anthem was unceremoniously closed to D+.   Is that still the case?  I ask because the lounge is fabulous, looking out on the entire aft area of the ship.

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

RCCL D+ benefits still show access to the Concierge Lounge as a benefit.  Before COVID, the lounge on Anthem was unceremoniously closed to D+.   Is that still the case?  I ask because the lounge is fabulous, looking out on the entire aft area of the ship.

Thanks!

I agree and hope so. On the TA in October we ha very a cabin right near CL as we have had in the past.  Dh thinks it's just an extension of the cabin with his coffee!

It will depend on the numbers involved.  Same with Pinnacles getting booted from the SL in the future.  

These are great spaces but they become poor spaces when they are too full.  If a cruise crosses a threshold for D+ and/or P they will restrict access just as Anthem was already doing.  

1 minute ago, twangster said:

It will depend on the numbers involved.  Same with Pinnacles getting booted from the SL in the future.  

These are great spaces but they become poor spaces when they are too full.  If a cruise crosses a threshold for D+ and/or P they will restrict access just as Anthem was already doing.  

I know and we're on TA in October so the odds are against us.  The Anthem space happens to be really great space.  Like to go in on a cold afternoon and get tea or hit chocolate and curl up on a sofa with my book and look out the windows. 

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

I know and we're on TA in October so the odds are against us.  The Anthem space happens to be really great space.  Like to go in on a cold afternoon and get tea or hit chocolate and curl up on a sofa with my book and look out the windows. 

Too bad they couldn't implement the ban from noon onward so you could still get coffee there.

Most folks aren't going to do the hike back there just for a coffee.  The crowding issue is really a problem from 3pm to 8pm.  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Too bad they couldn't implement the ban from noon onward so you could still get coffee there.

Most folks aren't going to do the hike back there just for a coffee.  The crowding issue is really a problem from 3pm to 8pm.  

We've been on Anthem numerous times and never found crowding  in the CL to be an issue.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We've been on Anthem numerous times and never found crowding  in the CL to be an issue.  

Sometimes between 4 and 6. Those of with late dinner don't come in early so try to avoid the crowd. 

9 hours ago, yogimax said:

Thanks!

Boarding tomorrow and can let you know. We are D+ also, now we were fortunate to be upgraded to a GS so will have access either way but will check. 

• Like 4

Yes, D+ get access to the Concierge Lounge.

However, on most, if not all, ships, there is no longer a Concierge Lounge, it is now the Suite Lounge.  Limited to full suite guests and Pinnacles. 

However, during much of COVID, the Pins had their own lounge and only suite guests in the Suite Lounge.

22 hours ago, twangster said:

That would be nice since the lounges are rarely crowded except in the evening. However, I don't know how easy it is to set time restrictions on a key card. 

3 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

That would be nice since the lounges are rarely crowded except in the evening. However, I don't know how easy it is to set time restrictions on a key card. 

As I said, in Anthem CL mid-afternoon is usually quiet and perfect place for a hot chocolate on a cold afternoon. 

4 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Knowing Royal they probably have to bring a contractor on board to reprogram the system.  That's probably why it will take two weeks to let Pinnacles back into the SL.  

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2022 at 4:39 PM, DCPIV said:

With RCI IT, you have to ask this question??

😄 😄

• Like 1

Even just before Covid shut down....D+ were kicked out of the few ships that still had a CL, unless they were in GS and above.  

Now Pinnies have been kicked out.  

Especially if you are on a TA...and D+ not in full suite?   Not happening.  

PInnacle in a JS last month on Odyssey...no access to CL (as shown on RCI deck plans), but now being named SL

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SRF said:

Pin and D+ have access to CL as of today, IIRC.

But most are no longer a CL, but an SL.

And access can be removed if too many D+ on a sailing.

Agree on the CLs all being converted.  In fact the current deck plans on RCI website show Odyssey with a CL...it's an SL now.  

Though the smaller, older ships will still have a CL.  We are on EX on Sunday, which escaped the amp when Covid hit...CL still on deck nine..  Nice to have the CL right around the corner from our hump JS on deck nine for my morning coffee.  😉

But I still have not seen it mentioned that D+ are invited back in...only Pinnacles.  I must be missing something.  🤔

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

But I still have not seen it mentioned that D+ are invited back in...only Pinnacles.  I must be missing something.

I've seen it where RCI describes the new benefits, and its also now on the PDF table of benefits. 

OK...I found it.  I only got the email pertaining to Pinnacles...but found this on the RCI members benefit update.  Though took some digging! 😮   So apparently if you can find a ship that still has a CL on it, D+ are allowed back in the CL.  D+ were kicked out of the CL pre-Covid shut down...now they are back again.  

But indeed...the CLs are going away.  

We’re happy to share that we are reinstating Pinnacle Club members’ access to the Suite Lounge and Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members’ access to the Concierge Lounge across our fleet effective sailings on or after March 15. We know how much you enjoy gathering with your friends in this private setting and appreciate your patience and understanding during our temporary suspension of this benefit. And to deliver a great guest experience to all, should the number of Suite Guests and Pinnacle Club Members surpass our Suite Lounge capacity, we will continue to provide a temporary Pinnacle Club Lounge.

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Apparently, RCI can't even afford the signs to make it so.

Right ?  C'mon....if they're going to switch the CL to SL just do it already....and fix the signs.  It's not like they haven't had the chance.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Apparently, RCI can't even afford the signs to make it so.

38 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Right ?  C'mon....if they're going to switch the CL to SL just do it already....and fix the signs.  It's not like they haven't had the chance.

image.thumb.png.557f227ec87077ec48549888255c20d4.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Before shut down for Covid, we were on Vision B2B2B and just before that, Rhapsody B2B.   Both still had signage for being a CL, but was listed on the Welcome letter from the concierge (and enforced) that the CL was for suites and Pinnacles only.   They were calling it CL...but treating it as SL.   

• Like 3