Favorite or goto Medallion accessorie

Yehootu

This will be our first Medallion cruise. We both wear Apple watches and don't want a watchband on both arms. I've seen a holder you attach to your watchband but not sure how comfortable it'd be. My wife would like one that could clip onto her bag or clothes. Any ideas? BTW the app has been working fine for our late May Cruise.

We ordered the free lanyard and standard medallion, that looks as good as any other choice.

Mahalo

4 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

Bought that in 2020 before shutdown for my Fitbit.  My husband used it on his Apple Watch on our cruise last month.  Worked out great.  
I ended up ordering this for myself.  Clipped it to my pocket or pants. It worked out great for me.

2 Pack Retractable Badge Holders with Metal Belt Clip Waterproof Carabiner Badge Reel with Vertical ID Card Holder Portable Name Tag Holders for Card Keychain

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

And as always, I opt for my pant's pocket.

Why pay to display something that doesn't really need to be displayed?

But then people can't see others status symbol (color of medallion) while we all make our way around the ship. Clearly some people want to show off their status or wouldn't have posts commenting on how to get proper color medallions/complaining they got the wrong color. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If you haven't ordered your medallions though the app or website yet, They do offer some different items. I bought a clip made of plastic that I can clip on. It comes in a couple of different colors. This year they have now added one that is made of metal. Not sure what the prices are now, back then the plastic one was $5.

E45FBCC2-2C1A-4A44-9761-081468A9849F.thumb.jpeg.421d8f225fabb8a6707883a1598ebfd3.jpeg
I wanted to test a bunch of options during our last cruise so here’s a picture of my options. My favorite was the lanyard, which was a leftover from work. It was easy to scan in and out because of the length. My second favorite was the watch style for the same reason. So if you get an attachment for your watch, I think you will like it. The necklace holder from Princess probably won’t get much future use. For my next cruise, I’m going to slip my medallion into the clear part of the case on the left. That’s where I used to keep my cruise card. I always have the case with me because there are two zippered compartments on the other side. One is perfect for my cell phone. The other is perfect for small bills for extra tips. I always have my phone with me because when my husband and I separate for different activities, it’s easy to communicate to meet up again.

• Like 2

The medallions are about the same size as an apple air tag, so I bought little silicone sleeves w/ clip (similar to link below). I could attach it to the lanyard or my purse, or just slip it in my pocket. 

AmazonSmile: 5 Pack Air tag Holder, Airtag Holder, Airtag Case with Anti-Lost Keychain, Silicone Protective Cover for Apple Airtag, Airtag Accessories for Keys, Backpacks, The Valuables. (Multiple Colors-01)… : Electronics

• Like 1

Have any of you tried the bracelet option?   I am drawn to that but I am afraid it will be the most costly option.   Does anyone know how much?   Is there a choice of gold tone or silver tone?

4 hours ago, rjack22 said:

Have any of you tried the bracelet option?   I am drawn to that but I am afraid it will be the most costly option.   Does anyone know how much?   Is there a choice of gold tone or silver tone?

i have the silver tone bracelet.  It is the most costly, it is like $52 and there is the option of getting either the gold or silver one and they are in three different sizes.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

i have the silver tone bracelet.  It is the most costly, it is like $52 and there is the option of getting either the gold or silver one and they are in three different sizes.  

As a shareholder, I thank you for the purchase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, coopco said:

For my next cruise, I’m going to slip my medallion into the clear part of the case on the left. That’s where I used to keep my cruise card. I always have the case with me because there are two zippered compartments on the other side. One is perfect for my cell phone. The other is perfect for small bills for extra tips. 

Do you have a link/remember where you got it? 

Edited by JF - retired RRT

On 3/12/2022 at 12:23 AM, Tonsoffun44 said:

But then people can't see others status symbol (color of medallion) while we all make our way around the ship. Clearly some people want to show off their status or wouldn't have posts commenting on how to get proper color medallions/complaining they got the wrong color. 

There's also new artwork you can order for your medallion, which I think is a sort of dumb idea, yet I fully fed into it and ordered a rainbow medallion...it's cute!  LOL 🤣

6 minutes ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

There's also new artwork you can order for your medallion, which I think is a sort of dumb idea, yet I fully fed into it and ordered a rainbow medallion...it's cute!  LOL 🤣

Same. I've noticed that Princess has started to slightly dial into LGBTQ branding since the restart, which is refreshing for a line that can be a little stodgy. Previously, same sex couples seemed to be a Celebrity-only marketing niche, but it's nice to see that Princess has finally gotten over whatever hesitations or reservations they had.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Same. I've noticed that Princess has started to slightly dial into LGBTQ branding since the restart, which is refreshing for a line that can be a little stodgy. Previously, same sex couples seemed to be a Celebrity-only marketing niche, but it's nice to see that Princess has finally gotten over whatever hesitations or reservations they had.

I'm "freshly" out, and so it's nice to see these little things (AND hard femme so any sort of "determining factor" I can use to show that, it is helpful, especially on a cruise...with plenty of creepers).  I think Princess has also come to the realization that being a more including line means more money.  But that's a whole other thread for another time....

Edited by INeedAMaiTai
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Do you have a link/remember where you got it? 

I got it years ago at a craft fair. I tried to search online to see if I could figure out the vendor but didn’t have luck but if you go to Amazon and search for cell phone purse cross body, you might be able to find something close. Good luck. I think you will find it handy for a cruise.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 4:20 PM, rjack22 said:

I have the silver one and I really like it.  

Thx for all ideas. I rarely wear more than swim shorts and slippers, but think my wardrobe might change in Alaska. Guess I'll go with the lanyard for now and figure out accessories later.

Mahalo