The Daily for Sunday 03/13/2022

richwmn

Good morning everyone. Moving the clock forward means we’re getting closer to June.

Happy Birthday, Pauline. Have a great day.

The handyman was here yesterday and he can fix the wall and rehang the kitchen cabinet that fell and crashed the other night. The dishes can’t be salvaged and he took to bags full of broken ones to dispose of.

The sun is shining but it’s only going to be 38 today with a promise of warmer weather coming.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

23 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all.It is 22 now but a high of 36 is expected. The sidewalks were a little icy but the snow from yesterday  is mostly on the grass.

Our executive  chef decided on a different  

meal today.We are making vegetarian  lasagna which will make everyone  happy.The veggie burgers were a big hit but a fair amount of work. 

I salute all the days and have not been to the port.

@grapau27,Pauline the birthday celebrator ,looks beautiful in her red outfit with the umbrella..

Take care everyone 

Terry

I think the Executive Chef made a great decision.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Happy birthday to the always lovely Pauline!

11 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I have great respect for K-9 veterans; they are amazing animals and deserve a day of their own.  I had ear muffs on just the other day when clearing our driveway; I like the kind that just go behind your head and cover your ears, rather than the type that go over your head.  Jewel Day - hmmm, maybe today's the day to take a look at my jewelery collection and see what I haven't worn in a long while, and give them some wear time.  

I'm going to give the drink of the day a pass; although I enjoy drinking Scotch, I find Laphroaig just too peaty for my taste.  That along with sherry (ugh) doesn't appeal at all.   The wine on the other hand - who could pass up a wine that has notes of bacon fat?  LOL

Yesterday DH was getting antsy just being around the house, so we went for a drive to a bedroom community where they have a neat thrift shop operated by a Mennonite group.  There he was able to find some pins for his pin collection, and while not at the thrift shop, I did pick up some blue and yellow flowers at the dollar store.  When we got home, I took out our Christmas wreaths, ripped off the red and green pom poms and replaced them with the flowers to show our support for the people of Ukraine.  Here's one of them.

Wreath.thumb.jpg.bc315642ab8df761c854ca7777b16ddb.jpg

Happy Birthday to @grapau27's DW Pauline, with many returns of the day.

Collard greens and tofu have never been on our menu plan, and I don't think there's much hope of them ever appearing.  LOL  Yesterday while we were out, we picked up some groceries, among them was a jar of Tikka Masala sauce - so it's looking like we'll be having chicken tikka masala, rice, and a cucumber salad for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and all those who are helping them.  Extra also for Jose, Jacqui, Marley, and all our Daily-ites who are having health problems.  We'll raise our glasses and cheer on all who make up the happy list.  Stay well, get your boosters, wash your hands, wear your masks when you need to, be safe, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thank you for my birthday wishes.

Love Pauline.

IMG_20220313_142149.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Will salute K-9 Veterans, need ear muffs today as it's in the 30's here, and not interested in jewels anymore. Love the Dr. Seuss quote.  Will pass on the meal.  We've been to today's port, took a wonderful excursion to the 7 lagoons.  I'll look for different photo's from those that have been posted.

Prayers for all of us and toasts to us too.

Please continue to stay safe.  Wear your mask if you want to.  We will continue for awhile yet.

Laphroaig Broadbay Sour:

Ingredients
1 1/4 parts Laphroaig® Select
1/4 part Amontillado Sherry
3/4 part Lemon Juice
2 teaspoons Orange Marmalade
3 drops Fee Brothers® Old Fashioned Aromatic Bitters
Cinnamon Stick
Orange Peel

Instructions
Build all ingredients in a shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously. Fine strain into a chilled rocks glass filled with large ice. Garnish with a burnt cinnamon stick & orange peel.

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.33.38 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

Good morning, our snow continues but a big warm up coming.    There was a multi car pile up yesterday on the nearby highway due to a sudden white out, fortunately no one hurt.   K-9 officers are great, I love jewels but I find other than a cruise I don't wear them often other than a watch earrings and a ring.   Today is a good day for earmuffs.   I will pass on the dish, I found I like Islay whisky on the NS doing one of the whisky tastings.  It tastes like smoke when I smoke a brisket on the big green egg.  The wine sounds great.  Have been to Huatulco on the Oosterdam.   

Prayers to all on Roy's care list and for the people in Unkraine and the refugees.   

A Cooper's Hawk, the reason my birds disappear while abundant food is available.   Smart little birds.  Huatulco was a quiet and beautiful area.   My sis dining on the balcony - we took advantage of an upsell to an aft NS - second time, perfect for Alaska and the Panama Canal.  

@grapau27Happy birthday to Pauline!  🎂 🍾

Coopers hawk 31322.JPG

Leaving Huatulco 2 3918.jpg

Huatulco rocks 3918.jpg

Huatulco breakfast 3918.jpg

Huatulco rocks 2 resized 3918.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Looks like I got caught by the time change this morning!

Volendam shows a destination of Malaga Spain, but looking at the map it doesn't look like she has moved yet.

Thank you for the hour lost day Daily, Rich.  Sunrise hasn't been this late since January 22.   There's a big push here to observe Daylight Savings Time year round.  If we do, sunrise won't come until 8:27 in early January.  I don't think that's good for kids waiting for a school bus.

I'll especially salute K-9 Veteran and HAL's resident K-9 Veteran, @Copper10-8. but also Ear Muff's (especially today with wind chills in the teens), and Jewels,.  Dr. Seuss appeared wise.  My chief memory of Huatulco is a Crystal Symphony cruise where Symphony met Amsterdam and @Copper10-8 joined me for lunch on the Symphony and then gave me a behind the scenes tour of the Amsterdam.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Papaya with Rainbow of Fruit, Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast, and Blueberry Pie Sundae as served on MS Prinsamdam March 13, 2019.  All but the sundae were from the lido as I wanted to be on deck for the final meeting of Prinsendam and Veendam as HAL ships.

dishes13.jpg

Roy

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Moving the clock forward means we’re getting closer to June.

Happy Birthday, Pauline. Have a great day.

The handyman was here yesterday and he can fix the wall and rehang the kitchen cabinet that fell and crashed the other night. The dishes can’t be salvaged and he took to bags full of broken ones to dispose of.

The sun is shining but it’s only going to be 38 today with a promise of warmer weather coming.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

20 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning, our snow continues but a big warm up coming.    There was a multi car pile up yesterday on the nearby highway due to a sudden white out, fortunately no one hurt.   K-9 officers are great, I love jewels but I find other than a cruise I don't wear them often other than a watch earrings and a ring.   Today is a good day for earmuffs.   I will pass on the dish, I found I like Islay whisky on the NS doing one of the whisky tastings.  It tastes like smoke when I smoke a brisket on the big green egg.  The wine sounds great.  Have been to Huatulco on the Oosterdam.   

Prayers to all on Roy's care list and for the people in Unkraine and the refugees.   

A Cooper's Hawk, the reason my birds disappear while abundant food is available.   Smart little birds.  Huatulco was a quiet and beautiful area.   My sis dining on the balcony - we took advantage of an upsell to an aft NS - second time, perfect for Alaska and the Panama Canal.  

@grapau27Happy birthday to Pauline!  🎂 🍾

Coopers hawk 31322.JPG

Leaving Huatulco 2 3918.jpg

Huatulco rocks 3918.jpg

Huatulco breakfast 3918.jpg

Huatulco rocks 2 resized 3918.jpg

Thank you for your kind best wishes.

P&G.

IMG_20220313_142430.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  A late day for me because as soon as we ate breakfast we headed out to the grocery store.  Now I'm washing bed linens and reading the Daily.  First, happy birthday to Pauline!  Many happy returns!  Next I want to salute our K-9 veterans.  Love my jewels (and DD has given me many hints on who would like them "someday"). 🤩  I appreciate an ear muff sometimes since it doesn't leave me with hat head.  Today would be a good day for them.  We were out after dinner last night covering the shrubs with new growth.  Will have to do it again tonight I think.  We had to use twine tied around the sheets to hold them in place.  It was freezing cold while doing it too!  If it doesn't work, it will be back to the drawing board next time.

No thanks to the menu item, drink or wine.  I like the Dr. Seuss quote.  Thanks for the recipes, photos, wine and drink descriptions!  Prayers for everyone on the Care list and especially those in Ukraine and the refugees in other places who fled their homes.  Cheers 🥂to the celebrants on the list. 

Our port today of Huatulco, Mexico was posted last on 10-22-21.  Here is what I posted then.

We visited Huatulco, Mexico on our 2016 Westerdam Panama Canal cruise.  In my photo book of that cruise I referred to it as a real gem.  The area where the ships dock is developed for tourists and is near the town of La Crucecita.  We enjoyed all the shops, visiting the church and a restaurant for DH's beer.  But we also walked to the town center of La Crucecita.

Huatulco beach area with outdoor seating at restaurants.  Perfect calm spot for a dip to cool off.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKAqz_sAhHKIOJS2Cj7MHJQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143685

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyJvp7_kgAcnjev02LAcUV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143689

I would guess these units are rentals for vacationers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVID-OxKkHK0hrKhSVLgJ5U7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143714

This place was kept very clean.  A really nice spot to shop.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnfuQRDBxRPX6WOOiu4adm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143748

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJk90TPM2ZXmHoo7e5Bsthp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143762

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJD-irc6t71VlvLpO2GUr7r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143767

It was miles to La Crucecita but that's how we keep the pounds off on our cruises.  Off we went!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIn2-RxeM9Hf5EH3k3-AY_d?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143780

I would estimate it took us 40 minutes to walk there.  The town was busy and clean.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaKhiR0otLEew6UuSaZekN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143829

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBmkAbN-F3Sm0ykZWL8LvV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143844

Lots of nice restaurants to choose from.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTUD6peE5sn1wJug1yUWSM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143819

Everything you needed surrounded the plaza including a Catholic church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfn4wgPor7nGBQKg_6RX24?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143872

Entrance to the church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0-e2YilSWGoIyeiTqB9o1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143912

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVh9KFOtpH8ytWY1dXMDt2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143934

It's nice to feel welcomed!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxlYofLaf_r-Xkv69HqX8L?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143944

After some time there, including shade time in the plaza, we headed back to the ship, walking down a different street to take in more of the views of Mexico.  Along the way we'd run into other cruisers asking us how far away La Crucecita was.  We gave directions and continued on. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYKUtDJBKG3Z989ywyqRBl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143966

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJX1xwDbkETmqM1rsJXsFbu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143973

We found a huge store that sold "everything" so peeked inside at the crowded aisles.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPo7o6vJ83Sn9Ik038J7HH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143979

Back at Huatulco we stopped to see the church. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIfW3_6aYYgsmlO0ASij0V9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143988

The outdoor seating restaurant where DH enjoyed his beer and me a soft drink.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL858JlVO7ahZY9ykEfYvCe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144002

Our BHB, the Westerdam 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFh5n-mb6a0uucePKKUlrl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144007

• Like 33
  • Thanks 9

Good Sunday morning as we muddle through the time change.  My suggestion is to split the difference at a half hour, then leave the clocks alone!  I do agree with @rafinmdthat year-round DST makes for some very dark mornings at the bus stop.

I had a little gremlin trouble yesterday, so will try again with this one.  @Quartzsite Cruiserand @Vict0riannYes!  We arrive on K’dam on 3/27 (two short weeks from today!) for 2 weeks.  A Dailyite meet and greet sounds like a wonderful idea. Lenda, you have the watch until we get there!

@kazusending you strength and patience to deal with the soulless tangle of red tape.  Maddening.  

@mamaofami, I can NOT imagine being awakened by a thunderous crash and a kitchen that looked like a bull had just run through.  Mercy.  I’m glad someone was available to deal promptly with reconstruction.

Strength and love for those who are hurting, and a huge 🎉for everyone celebrating.

🇺🇦🌻

• Like 28

27 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  A late day for me because as soon as we ate breakfast we headed out to the grocery store.  Now I'm washing bed linens and reading the Daily.  First, happy birthday to Pauline!  Many happy returns!  Next I want to salute our K-9 veterans.  Love my jewels (and DD has given me many hints on who would like them "someday"). 🤩  I appreciate an ear muff sometimes since it doesn't leave me with hat head.  Today would be a good day for them.  We were out after dinner last night covering the shrubs with new growth.  Will have to do it again tonight I think.  We had to use twine tied around the sheets to hold them in place.  It was freezing cold while doing it too!  If it doesn't work, it will be back to the drawing board next time.

No thanks to the menu item, drink or wine.  I like the Dr. Seuss quote.  Thanks for the recipes, photos, wine and drink descriptions!  Prayers for everyone on the Care list and especially those in Ukraine and the refugees in other places who fled their homes.  Cheers 🥂to the celebrants on the list. 

Our port today of Huatulco, Mexico was posted last on 10-22-21.  Here is what I posted then.

We visited Huatulco, Mexico on our 2016 Westerdam Panama Canal cruise.  In my photo book of that cruise I referred to it as a real gem.  The area where the ships dock is developed for tourists and is near the town of La Crucecita.  We enjoyed all the shops, visiting the church and a restaurant for DH's beer.  But we also walked to the town center of La Crucecita.

Huatulco beach area with outdoor seating at restaurants.  Perfect calm spot for a dip to cool off.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKAqz_sAhHKIOJS2Cj7MHJQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143685

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyJvp7_kgAcnjev02LAcUV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143689

I would guess these units are rentals for vacationers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVID-OxKkHK0hrKhSVLgJ5U7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143714

This place was kept very clean.  A really nice spot to shop.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnfuQRDBxRPX6WOOiu4adm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143748

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJk90TPM2ZXmHoo7e5Bsthp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143762

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJD-irc6t71VlvLpO2GUr7r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143767

It was miles to La Crucecita but that's how we keep the pounds off on our cruises.  Off we went!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIn2-RxeM9Hf5EH3k3-AY_d?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143780

I would estimate it took us 40 minutes to walk there.  The town was busy and clean.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaKhiR0otLEew6UuSaZekN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143829

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBmkAbN-F3Sm0ykZWL8LvV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143844

Lots of nice restaurants to choose from.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTUD6peE5sn1wJug1yUWSM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143819

Everything you needed surrounded the plaza including a Catholic church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfn4wgPor7nGBQKg_6RX24?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143872

Entrance to the church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0-e2YilSWGoIyeiTqB9o1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143912

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVh9KFOtpH8ytWY1dXMDt2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143934

It's nice to feel welcomed!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxlYofLaf_r-Xkv69HqX8L?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143944

After some time there, including shade time in the plaza, we headed back to the ship, walking down a different street to take in more of the views of Mexico.  Along the way we'd run into other cruisers asking us how far away La Crucecita was.  We gave directions and continued on. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYKUtDJBKG3Z989ywyqRBl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143966

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJX1xwDbkETmqM1rsJXsFbu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143973

We found a huge store that sold "everything" so peeked inside at the crowded aisles.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPo7o6vJ83Sn9Ik038J7HH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143979

Back at Huatulco we stopped to see the church. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIfW3_6aYYgsmlO0ASij0V9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143988

The outdoor seating restaurant where DH enjoyed his beer and me a soft drink.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL858JlVO7ahZY9ykEfYvCe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144002

Our BHB, the Westerdam 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFh5n-mb6a0uucePKKUlrl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144007

Thank you Sandi for your awesome photos and birthday wishes for Pauline.

Graham.

• Like 16

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I woke at the usual time and somehow the kids were yelling at me that breakfast was late. Wonder if they saw the DVR time was updated.😆. I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion although I do like @rafinmd alternative menu.  We will have a beef roast today.   I did watch a couple videos on the monitored home test.  I’m somewhat comfortable with what to expect.  I just hope I don’t muck things up.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.

This happens when DH gets new fish.

image.thumb.png.65fee09d2b8e7859f0b6c69b5b59684e.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 16

Good morning, All.  What a nice daily today.  Wishing a very happy birthday to @grapau27's beautiful Pauline.  The birthday photos are lovely!

@ger_77, your wreath is really pretty and such a good idea, too.  Watching this event unfold is just too, too much.  There but for the grace of God...

There was a time when jewelry was a big thing.  The Dallas or Dynasty 80s maybe?  Nowadays anything I do have just stays at the bank.  Too bad, as a little glitz and glamour is fun.

The meal of the day...nope.  We've been to Huatulco three times.  DH rented a scooter to see the surrounding area and said it's really nice.  I just enjoyed the beach right there off of the ship.  It's a solid port stop.

Well, time to take Pocket out for his walk.  Prayers to those experiencing difficult times and a toast for those celebrating.  Have a great Sunday.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Dailyites!  Another cold morning in the south.  Outdoor Fawn got on her porch last night at dinner time, and was content to be there all night with the door closed, and the heater on.  Some critter came to feed on the crunchies outside around 10 p.m., and apparently whatever it was, was quite injured, blood every where on the floor by the bowl. 

DH had a great sales day yesterday, 3 sales in 4 hours!  I had one sale all week, but i got a bonus for it.  Yeah!  Timing is everything!  5 minutes later, and someone else would have received it.

@richwmnwhen you said Jewel- i thought of Jewel (singer)

I am actually like a crow, if it sparkles, I will gravitate towards it.  But Jewel was so great on the Masked Singer last year...what can I say..

earmuffs.jpg

saw this meme, and i couldnt resist sharing

2965ff26e09bd245154b36f77e71a7f2.jpg

and for our K-9 Vets-

th?id=OIP.DaiziWaxDlsi4jMT-pmvPAHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=191&h=191

Have a great day!  Today may be nap day...unless I can find a race on TV.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 29
  • Haha 3

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor sharing the Care and Celebration Lists.

🎂Best Wishes to @grapau27's DW Pauline on her special day.

🚢 Our cruise with Auntie included a stop (😊delicious margaritas) in Huatulco a few years back on our cruise from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale.

🙏Continued prayers for Ukraine and to all others in need.🙏

Katie

20220313_081354.jpg

20201108_224109.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all. Happy belated birthday to yesterday's group of celebrants and to Pauline today. And prayers for all that need them starting with @kazu.

some of you may remember that we have had to put off our family Christmas celebration several times since December because somebody had Covid, grandchildren or their significant others. Well, we played it low key so the gremlins wouldn’t derail us again and I am happy to report that we accomplished our family gathering yesterday. All, including boyfriends and girlfriends were in attendance and we had a great time. We even FaceTimed with dh’s sisters in Virginia so brought them into the mix. 

spring break has started in Ontario so I imagine some sailings will have lots of kids as @Navybikermommentioned. We did a partial Panama on princess one time during March break and I said never again. Have a great day everyone. We are due to warm up this week, Yeah!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. I did manage to reset everything in the house that needs resetting, but neither Bandit nor I were happy with our morning walk in the dark. And the bears will be leaving hibernation soon and checking out the garbage cans in town...... the ones that visit us are morning arrivals. I hate meeting a dark bear on a dark morning. Hope Bandit is up for alert duty.

K9s certainly deserve their day. Our local kennel club has contributed to safety items and also helped with the purchase of several for our local law enforcement. Huatulco is one of my favorite places in Mexico. Right now I would love to be there. It has been cold here (8 degrees F when walking in the early morning) and at one point I really had trouble getting warm when I got back in the house. It is supposed to warm up next week and" they" are scheduled to start the roof on the Humane Society shelter on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

Happy Birthday to Pauline. And my best wishes and prayers to those that need them. We are certainly proving that growing older is not for sissies. I am certainly beginning to recognize that I can not keep up the pace I have been going.

Susan

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

@grapau27 - For Pauline!

Birthday, Happy Birthday, Text, Type

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good morning, All.  What a nice daily today.  Wishing a very happy birthday to @grapau27's beautiful Pauline.  The birthday photos are lovely!

@ger_77, your wreath is really pretty and such a good idea, too.  Watching this event unfold is just too, too much.  There but for the grace of God...

There was a time when jewelry was a big thing.  The Dallas or Dynasty 80s maybe?  Nowadays anything I do have just stays at the bank.  Too bad, as a little glitz and glamour is fun.

The meal of the day...nope.  We've been to Huatulco three times.  DH rented a scooter to see the surrounding area and said it's really nice.  I just enjoyed the beach right there off of the ship.  It's a solid port stop.

Well, time to take Pocket out for his walk.  Prayers to those experiencing difficult times and a toast for those celebrating.  Have a great Sunday.

1 hour ago, garlictown said:

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor sharing the Care and Celebration Lists.

🎂Best Wishes to @grapau27's DW Pauline on her special day.

🚢 Our cruise with Auntie included a stop (😊delicious margaritas) in Huatulco a few years back on our cruise from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale.

🙏Continued prayers for Ukraine and to all others in need.🙏

Katie

20220313_081354.jpg

20201108_224109.jpg

39 minutes ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. Happy belated birthday to yesterday's group of celebrants and to Pauline today. And prayers for all that need them starting with @kazu.

some of you may remember that we have had to put off our family Christmas celebration several times since December because somebody had Covid, grandchildren or their significant others. Well, we played it low key so the gremlins wouldn’t derail us again and I am happy to report that we accomplished our family gathering yesterday. All, including boyfriends and girlfriends were in attendance and we had a great time. We even FaceTimed with dh’s sisters in Virginia so brought them into the mix. 

spring break has started in Ontario so I imagine some sailings will have lots of kids as @Navybikermommentioned. We did a partial Panama on princess one time during March break and I said never again. Have a great day everyone. We are due to warm up this week, Yeah!

39 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning. I did manage to reset everything in the house that needs resetting, but neither Bandit nor I were happy with our morning walk in the dark. And the bears will be leaving hibernation soon and checking out the garbage cans in town...... the ones that visit us are morning arrivals. I hate meeting a dark bear on a dark morning. Hope Bandit is up for alert duty.

K9s certainly deserve their day. Our local kennel club has contributed to safety items and also helped with the purchase of several for our local law enforcement. Huatulco is one of my favorite places in Mexico. Right now I would love to be there. It has been cold here (8 degrees F when walking in the early morning) and at one point I really had trouble getting warm when I got back in the house. It is supposed to warm up next week and" they" are scheduled to start the roof on the Humane Society shelter on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

Happy Birthday to Pauline. And my best wishes and prayers to those that need them. We are certainly proving that growing older is not for sissies. I am certainly beginning to recognize that I can not keep up the pace I have been going.

Susan

Many thanks for all the lovely messages for Pauline's birthday today.

Graham.

• Like 17