Diamond Lounge or Suite Lounge?

Hi all. 

Will be traveling in the Adventure of the seas in June to Bermuda (5 nights)

Traveling in a Grand Suite, and also a diamond member. It's been a while since I've cruised though. 

I know we'll get 4 drinks coupons a night (day) but will they deduct from those in the lounges? Is there an advantage to using one lounge over the other if you're both in a suite and diamond?

Thank you for your answers in advance!

19 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Are the suite lounge drinks the old  limited HH menu? I am hearing conflicting info?

Thx.

M

When we were on allure a couple of months ago we could order any drink we wanted that cost 13 or less , if over 13 you just paid the difference, same goes for the 4 diamond drinks you can get them in any bar , up to 13.

Edited by George C

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Are the suite lounge drinks the old  limited HH menu? I am hearing conflicting info?

Thx.

M

They haven't been since the restart since there hadn't been a temporary bar/bartender brought in.  I would think that returns at some point.

14 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thx.

M

Didn't really pay attention to the drink menu.   We are pretty simple.   Before actual the HH...it's just a Heineken and a house SB for us...then Hendricks Gin and Tonic for Happy hour.  Use vouchers later for buying higher end wine by the glass for dinner.  

14 hours ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

anyone know if the suite lounge has lattes or cappuccinos in the morning?

Yes, on Harmony...but was not self serve in December and January...plus the service (though advertised in your letter as 7 am) sometimes did not start until 7:45.  😕 

On Odyssey last month it was self serve and ready by 7 am.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

When we were on allure a couple of months ago we could order any drink we wanted that cost 13 or less , if over 13 you just paid the difference, same goes for the 4 diamond drinks you can get them in any bar , up to 13.

That is using your vouchers.   Not SL drink menu for suites guests...not using vouchers.  

15 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thx.

M

It depends.  I have had them serve me drinks that were not on the menu and I have had them make me order using my drink package (pre-Diamond) to order those not on the meno.

16 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thx.

M

Odyssey SL made whatever we wanted, as did Symphony (but no blender drinks)

2 hours ago, island lady said:

That is using your vouchers.   Not SL drink menu for suites guests...not using vouchers.  

Again we could order any drink in suite lounge . In past years they alway had cheap wine we wither ordered decoy or something better paying a couple of bucks since it was over the 13 , this is not using our diamond plus vouchers built into our card . 

23 hours ago, George C said:

Suite lounge doesn’t count against your 4 free drinks Diamond lounge will , normally better service in suite lounge.

Glad Andrew asked and you, among others answered.   I/we are in a similar situation this May, but it will be Enchantment, cashed in all of our FCCs and this was supposed to be our 40th anniversary cruise so this is our first full suite, 8 day cruise and first cruise back since the shut down.

• Like 3

I'll take the Suite Lounge over the Diamond Lounge every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  If you're in a suite, there's little (if any) reason to go to the Diamond Lounge unless you're joining someone who does not have access to the Suite Lounge.

When we were recently on Liberty, the bar waiters just went over to Olive or Twist to get whatever drinks we ordered.  I'm pretty sure they were doing the same thing in the Diamond Lounge.  I don't know why they would want to go back to setting up and tearing down the temporary and much more limited bar every evening.  Talk about a hassle.

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I don't know why they would want to go back to setting up and tearing down the temporary and much more limited bar every evening. 

Because it's a money making opportunity for the bartender who sets up and tears down because they get tipped.  

The bartender in the other bar making the drinks for the server isn't getting tipped.

It also saves money in the long run because the temp bar had limited (and generally mediocre) liquors. Right now people are drinking the good stuff.

Edited by smokeybandit

Does anyone know whether Concierge/Suite Lounge would be closed to D+  Members If there are too many on board to accommodate on a particular cruise? Just curious as to how Royal might handle this situation as free drink benefit in lounge would be lost if D+ couldn’t have access to Concierge Lounge.

19 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Because it's a money making opportunity for the bartender who sets up and tears down because they get tipped.  

The bartender making the drinks for the server isn't getting tipped.

Fair points!

2 minutes ago, Colonialdame said:

Does anyone know whether Concierge/Suite Lounge would be closed to D+  Members If there are too many on board to accommodate on a particular cruise? Just curious as to how Royal might handle this situation as free drink benefit in lounge would be lost if D+ couldn’t have access to Concierge Lounge.

If it's a "Suite Lounge," then D+ does not have access, no matter what. That benefit went away a little while back.

I do believe they will cut off access in the Concierge Lounge if there are too many D+ on board.  Of course, I'm not sure D+ are allowed in there at all at the moment (but that may have changed back by now).

6 minutes ago, Colonialdame said:

The suite lounge is never closed   to suite guests.  As for others who have access, then yes.  

It is my understanding that unless one is in a suite, a voucher must be used in any lounge. So, no D+ free drinks anyway. 

M

• Thanks 1