RCI European Sailing Protocols

We have 3 consecutive cruise booked on Wonder of the Seas
We have had 2 doses and a booster with the recognised vaccines with in the time frame that Royal Caribbean states.
We have submitted  the all the same details  and photos  of covid vaccination documents  on line, sailing 2 and 3 have been validated, but the 1st sailing  could not be validated  for 1 of us with no explanation.

34 minutes ago, CruiseMelissa said:

Does Royal still provide onboard Covid testing for returning back to the US after a cruise?   Any idea how much it costs? 

We're doing Voyager in August, flying from Copenhagen to US the day the cruise gets back to Copenhagen.

I would like to know this as well. We'll be flying back to the US cruise end day from Amsterdam first of August. I keep hearing different answers about if RCI will offer this onboard...I could care less about any fee involved I just don't want to rely on the WiFi onboard Jewel.

2 hours ago, CruiseMelissa said:

Does Royal still provide onboard Covid testing for returning back to the US after a cruise?   Any idea how much it costs? 

We're doing Voyager in August, flying from Copenhagen to US the day the cruise gets back to Copenhagen.

They do not.  I sail from Barcelona soon and found this out a week ago so I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to do.  Last year, they did test you which is why I  assumed they would again this year.  Stupid me…..they were sailing at under 50% last year and now they’re again close to 100% so they don’t need to help us anymore.

• Haha 1

Reading through the chain have a few questions 

flying in from US Friday and landing in Stockholm on Saturday and the ship voyager is boarding Sunday 

do I and family need Covid test prior? If so how many days? We are all vaccinated and boosted 

the ship ends in Copenhagen and flying out that day. Another Covid test to fly back to US?

thanks 

We took the Abbott Binix tests with us on our flight. We only take a backpack onboard our flight.

I can tell you we worried constantly and even though we packed them in bubble wrap it was a worry they would remain undamaged. Why can't the tests be in a smaller package? We're heading to Amsterdam in July and now we'll have to take four with us. Watching the protocols and how easiest to test prior to our cruise and for the return flight back to the US.

Just now, Ashland said:

We took the Abbott Binix tests with us on our flight. We only take a backpack onboard our flight.

I can tell you we worried constantly and even though we packed them in bubble wrap it was a worry they would remain undamaged. Why can't the tests be in a smaller package? We're heading to Amsterdam in July and now we'll have to take four with us. Watching the protocols and how easiest to test prior to our cruise and for the return flight back to the US.

I thought can’t self test?

2 hours ago, Cruiseenthusiast101 said:

Anyone know of some cheaper alternatives than the abbot (e-med) tests that RCL will accept.

Not a lot cheaper, but you could add proctoring ($20) to the free ones you got from the gov't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sellwingri said:

They do not.  I sail from Barcelona soon and found this out a week ago so I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to do.  Last year, they did test you which is why I  assumed they would again this year.  Stupid me…..they were sailing at under 50% last year and now they’re again close to 100% so they don’t need to help us anymore.

Ugh that's too bad.  I'm shocked they don't do it and just charge a ton of money because it's the only option for many....I guess airport testing before the flight?  But that seems incredibly stressful!

10 hours ago, lionheart said:

Reading through the chain have a few questions 

flying in from US Friday and landing in Stockholm on Saturday and the ship voyager is boarding Sunday 

do I and family need Covid test prior? If so how many days? We are all vaccinated and boosted 

the ship ends in Copenhagen and flying out that day. Another Covid test to fly back to US?

thanks 

Boarding requirements from Stockholm have not been release yet. Expect test within 1 day of boarding ( that’s the Copenhagen rules)

Yes, USA still requires test before flying back. There is a testing facility at the airport $32pp.   Last Sunday SAS were not accepting the eMed proctored test results and people had to get the test redone at the airport. Not sure about other carriers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Boarding requirements from Stockholm have not been release yet. Expect test within 1 day of boarding ( that’s the Copenhagen rules)

Yes, USA still requires test before flying back. There is a testing facility at the airport $32pp.   Last Sunday SAS were not accepting the eMed proctored test results and people had to get the test redone at the airport. Not sure about other carriers. 

Is the airport testing relatively efficient?  Wondering how much time we would need at CPH for normal check-in, security,  and now testing. 

48 minutes ago, CruiseMelissa said:

Is the airport testing relatively efficient?  Wondering how much time we would need at CPH for normal check-in, security,  and now testing. 

What time is your flight? You should allow 3hrs anyway 

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Copenhagen rules is two days before boarding and Stockholm should be the same. You can find testing facilities everywhere around both cities (city centre, railway station, airport). No apointment needed and costs about 50 Euro max. Same applies for Amsterdam.

20 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Copenhagen rules is two days before boarding and Stockholm should be the same.

You are both right, sorta:

Vaccinated guests who are up to date must show a negative result for an antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Vaccinated guests who are not up to date will have a 1 day window to take this test. 

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You are both right, sorta:

Vaccinated guests who are up to date must show a negative result for an antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Vaccinated guests who are not up to date will have a 1 day window to take this test. 

Not easy to disembark ship get to airport in Copenhagen and find a test which can’t make an appointment for in the airport … this is crazy. Curious what people did

2 minutes ago, lionheart said:

Not easy to disembark ship get to airport in Copenhagen and find a test which can’t make an appointment for in the airport … this is crazy. Curious what people did

Not sure what you mean - we are talking about the initial embarkation test requirements and the one day requirement is only for the non-boosted. 

39 minutes ago, lionheart said:

That's the reason we booked an early afternoon flight (2:30pm) for our post cruise flight from AMS this August. Some on my rollcall have very early flights...wishing them luck !!

9 hours ago, lionheart said:

Potentially you could book a night in CPH before returning?

Or if available a late flight 

10 hours ago, lionheart said:

Falck testcenter in Copenhagen Airport is drop-in Only. I have never seen any big lines there recently.

If you want to make appointment you can book trough Copenhagen Medical. They are located in Copenhagen City Centre. https://www.cphmed.com/healthcare/covid-19-english/?lang=en

12 hours ago, lionheart said:

Can you use the proctored emed test that royal sells in europe?  With summer travel expected to peak I would think airport testing will be crazy.

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure what you mean - we are talking about the initial embarkation test requirements and the one day requirement is only for the non-boosted. 

My flight is 1230 out of Copenhagen, me and family need negative test to fly back to US so trying to figure out how that will work 

off ship to airport, stand in line to test and wait than luggage security etc 

3 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Can you use the proctored emed test that royal sells in europe?  With summer travel expected to peak I would think airport testing will be crazy.

I didn’t know royal sold that so I bring my test kits and it’s a video proctored through royal?