Navigator LIVE! March 20-April 1

20 minutes ago, Granite543 said:

I am boarding Navigator tomorrow after OP disembarks. I'm currently in Barbados enjoying its beauty. If there is interest I would happily do a virtual cruise thread for that trip. My perspective may be a bit different as we will be 3 males in our 30s.

Thanks to OP and companion for a great cruise review!

Yes..it would be appreciated.  Thank you.

28 minutes ago, Granite543 said:

I am boarding Navigator tomorrow after OP disembarks. I'm currently in Barbados enjoying its beauty. If there is interest I would happily do a virtual cruise thread for that trip. My perspective may be a bit different as we will be 3 males in our 30s.

Thanks to OP and companion for a great cruise review!

I hope there is a new LIVE Navigator on the next cruise, I’ve enjoyed this, and learned some things.

We will be boarding April 18th, and so looking forward to cruising again 😊

The torch is passed to Granite 543.

We got home late Friday night, and after a day of unpacking, restocking the larder at home, and taking care of incidentals, today I get to rest.

Disembarkation was smooth. The day before, we got our antigen test for reentry into the U.S. in Compass Rose, and had the results within 30 minutes via email. The written results were delivered to our room that evening. The next morning, we had to vacate our cabins by 8:00 am. We had barely been seated in Stars Lounge when our tag number was called. Baggage claim was great. All we had to do was point out our bag, and it was tagged for transfer. No lifting, dragging, etc. Baggage was to be taken to the airport in a separate truck.

The departure process in Bridgetown was somewhat odd. First we took a short bus ride to a vast warehouse-like space where we did immigration clearance. Since we were in-transit, they only wanted our passports. Then we were bused back to the terminal building where we boarded a larger (and more spacious) bus for the airport. Check-in for our airline (American) would not open for another hour, so we all lounged about in an open air area with plenty of seating, overhead fans, and a nice breeze blowing through. The truck with our luggage arrived about 20 minutes later, so we all claimed ours and then lounged some more. Once checkin opened, it went smoothly and relatively quickly.

Even though our boarding passes were marked pre-check, there of course was not pre-check since this was not the U.S. We had to do the full monty at security: remove all electronic devices larger than a phone, take off shoes, pull out liquids bag.  The area inside security was much larger than expected. There were a few places to get lunch (I liked Island Grill, but be aware that most of the food was a bit spicy) and of course the inevitable duty free shops. Rest rooms were sufficient to serve the number of people there, and there was plenty of seating. There are no jetways in Bridgetown, so the airplanes use portable ramps or stairs for boarding.

Our connection in Charlotte was pretty tight, but Immigration and Customs went fast. I had global entry, and a friend did not. We both got through at the same time.  The problem was in baggage claim, as you had to claim your bags at Customs then recheck them, then go through security again (and they had no pre-check line at this security, though only the shoe removal was required here). We just made our connection.

• Like 1

We also disembarked April 1. Despite leaving ship around about 8:15 am, it was about 11:45 am before we cleared security at the Bridgetown airport. Long morning with lots of waiting. I guess there's no way around it. Suggest everyone take a double-dose of Paxil before leaving ship.

We also connected through Charlotte. 80 minute connection time. No problems other than waiting to claim bags. They didn't start coming off the escalator until 8:20 pm. Our departure was 9:11 pm. Airport staff was terrific. In the recheck area there had folks handling the bags. Their instructions were simple; "Just drop your bags and don't miss your flight."

Being a Lenten Friday, we each grabbed a couple of yogurts to eat on the plane and got to the gate about halfway through boarding. Made it to DFW then waited about 40 minutes for bags. Didn't get to bed until 1:15 am. Very long day.

We both tested negative for COVID this morning so I guess our trip is officially over. Excellent cruise. Few bobbles here and there but that's life today. Wish everyone fair winds and following seas.   

• Like 1

Wow, that journey home sounds stressful. All that back and forth and just barely making your flight.....I’m not a show up at the gate as they’re closing the doors kind of person so that would put me over the edge.  Glad you are home safe and sound, and I enjoyed reading all your observations!  Looking forward to meeting you someday!

Joanie

Thanks so much for all of the information provided as some things have stayed the same over the years, but I have learned a lot about what is happening on Regent right now.  I’m so glad to hear that you’ve made it home and have remained healthy.  However, I’m rethinking cruises in the future and might stay at least a day after the cruise to try and mitigate some of the issues. Lots to think about. 

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 10:53 AM, Desperate to Sail said:

We also disembarked April 1. Despite leaving ship around about 8:15 am, it was about 11:45 am before we cleared security at the Bridgetown airport. Long morning with lots of waiting. I guess there's no way around it. Suggest everyone take a double-dose of Paxil before leaving ship.

We also connected through Charlotte. 80 minute connection time. No problems other than waiting to claim bags. They didn't start coming off the escalator until 8:20 pm. Our departure was 9:11 pm. Airport staff was terrific. In the recheck area there had folks handling the bags. Their instructions were simple; "Just drop your bags and don't miss your flight."

Being a Lenten Friday, we each grabbed a couple of yogurts to eat on the plane and got to the gate about halfway through boarding. Made it to DFW then waited about 40 minutes for bags. Didn't get to bed until 1:15 am. Very long day.

We both tested negative for COVID this morning so I guess our trip is officially over. Excellent cruise. Few bobbles here and there but that's life today. Wish everyone fair winds and following seas.   

Spoke too soon. I tested positive this morning. Mild symptoms. Wife still negative.

Yes, I wish you good health. We had what is called Omicron breakthrough early in January, after two vacs and a booster. It was no worse than a moderate cold, and lasted only less than a week. Hope your experience is the same.

@marc This is the information you requested on this summer's Grand Arctic Adventure. 

I received from Executive Concierge Odul via GM Michael Coghlan.

Captains - Aris Mertzanis and Luksa Kristovic

CD Ray Solarire

ACD John Lidbury

GMs - Alessandro Menegazzi and Michael Coghlan

At the moment, there are around 100 passengers booked for the full cruise but bookings are still open.

On our March 20th cruise, it was reported to have 300 passengers and 390 staff and crew.

Interesting information:  there was a large contingency of passengers from the British Isles.  Hearing that you can fly direct/non-stop from London airports to Barbados, that makes sense for the large number of Brits onboard.  Originally, we had hoped Regent would change the embarkation port to Miami, but they kept Barbados.  With this information, it is totally understandable. 

At the SSS Party, there were 159 SSS guests (57% of the total passengers).

10 Bronze

109 Silver

30 Gold

8 Platinum

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, NCCruzQueen said:

@marc This is the information you requested on this summer's Grand Arctic Adventure. 

I received from Executive Concierge Odul via GM Michael Coghlan.

Captains - Aris Mertzanis and Luksa Kristovic

CD Ray Solarire

ACD John Lidbury

GMs - Alessandro Menegazzi and Michael Coghlan

At the moment, there are around 100 passengers booked for the full cruise but bookings are still open.

On our March 20th cruise, it was reported to have 300 passengers and 390 staff and crew.

Interesting information:  there was a large contingency of passengers from the British Isles.  Hearing that you can fly direct/non-stop from London airports to Barbados, that makes sense for the large number of Brits onboard.  Originally, we had hoped Regent would change the embarkation port to Miami, but they kept Barbados.  With this information, it is totally understandable. 

At the SSS Party, there were 159 SSS guests (57% of the total passengers).

10 Bronze

109 Silver

30 Gold

8 Platinum

Thank you so much for the GAA information.   It is really appreciated. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 5:58 PM, NCCruzQueen said:

there was a large contingency of passengers from the British Isles.  Hearing that you can fly direct/non-stop from London airports to Barbados, that makes sense for the large number of Brits onboard.

UK guests may also have been attracted by the attractive 3 or 4 day pre-cruise resort offer:

fullsizeoutput_6e6.thumb.jpeg.e62defda8d226dabee9ea3a542970f11.jpeg

Anyone who took up this offer for the April 8th Navigator cruise would have been in Barbados already when the disappointing news of the cruise cancellation was announced 😕

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

UK guests may also have been attracted by the attractive 3 or 4 day pre-cruise resort offer:

fullsizeoutput_6e6.thumb.jpeg.e62defda8d226dabee9ea3a542970f11.jpeg

Anyone who took up this offer for the April 8th Navigator cruise would have been in Barbados already when the disappointing news of the cruise cancellation was announced 😕

I would agree, @flossie009, that would be a nice add-on.  Yes, tough on those already in Barbados supposing to board Navigator today.  I do hope Regent does their best to assist them.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2022 at 6:03 PM, TucsonAnnie said:

I hope there is a new LIVE Navigator on the next cruise, I’ve enjoyed this, and learned some things.

We will be boarding April 18th, and so looking forward to cruising again 😊

Your thoughts about the experience on the Navigator's April 18th cruise will be greatly appreciated since the April 8th cruise is cancelled.   Im hoping the crew that have covid recover fully and that the numbers drop to zero.  Wishing you a wonderful trip. 

54 minutes ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

Your thoughts about the experience on the Navigator's April 18th cruise will be greatly appreciated since the April 8th cruise is cancelled.   Im hoping the crew that have covid recover fully and that the numbers drop to zero.  Wishing you a wonderful trip. 

I will do that, hopefully this cruise goes as planned. I’ll keep you posted once onboard 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2