The Daily for Sunday 03/20/2022

richwmn

7 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I just came across this. 

I can’t decide if it’s absolutely amazing, or absolutely revolting. I do know there is no middle ground. Does it represent happiness, or the inability of aliens to grasp human customs?

94C3684F-4BD7-4A36-9DC3-8DE0253BA1F4.png

👎🤢🤮

• Like 11
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you @puppycanducruise, @marshhawk, and @grapau27for your concern on Gracie's health.  I just sent DD an article on dog seizures to her to read and suggested they follow up with their vet ASAP.  I think she's at church right now so she will have that information awaiting her when she returns home.  Gracie is a great dog, she doesn't cause a ruckus in the house, eating things, scratching things up, etc.  She's calm unless she has an invader in her back yard.  And she loves to cuddle.  I'd hate for anything bad to happen to her so young.

What breed is Gracie?  Our Eskipoo started having seizures when he was around her age.....started out on phenobarbitall but got very lethargic....was changed to Zonisamide (a sulfa drug) & has essentially been seizure-free for years.  He's now 12 & has had maybe 1 witnessed seizure a year, if that.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I was about to write Good morning, but it is afternoon already.  We also watched Mass on our smart TV because of the mask issue.  The church is packed and no one wears masks. Not even the priest.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and to Roy for the list.  I appreciate your putting DH on the list until we get a the biopsy results. Hopefully it will be soon.  On Thursday I go to the Mayo Clinic for another blood test and an visit with the PCP.  Hopefully this blood test will show lower inflammation levels and the prednisone can again be reduced.  I am hoping to be off that medication within a month. 

@rafinmdyour cruises sound wonderful and I agree with the others that you should put yourself on the celebrations list.  You deserve it.  You have been through a lot and it is time for some fun.

@aliaschiefi wish you a good cruise on the Rotterdam.  i would be interested in comparison of your wonderful experience on Azamara with your HAL cruise.  If you so wish to do so.

@StLouisCruisers Sorry about Gracie’s seizure and hope it is a one-time event.  Prayers continue for Jen and Buddy.

@smitty34877As always, prayers continue for Tana.

@mamaofamiYou need a break.  These aides are never going to be perfect and do things exactly as you want them to or the way you would do them. Decide what is important and what you can overlook.  you will be happier that way.  Or else you will run yourself ragged.  Take it from one who has been through this.

@kazuprayers for Jose, Marley and especially you as you navigate all the red tape to get Jose placed.

I like the wine.  Will pass on the dinner, only because we don’t have any ravioli in the house and will not go out looking for them today.  The wine looks good.

Like the quote.

interesting days.  Happiness is always good and we need to preserve the earth.

As for alien abductions, I agree with another poster who suggested that there is only one person on this earth right now that needs to be abducted and never returned to this planet.  And he is in Russia.

And with that my friends, I wish you a Happy Sunday.

Prayers for all who need them and cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

We are on board the beautiful Rotterdam having lunch in Dutch Cafe. Around 2,400 guest on board. Few children. First day Neptune Lounge is self serve and sounds like Sip and Savor is back.

Off to Muster scan and exploring this beautiful ship.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

35 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

What breed is Gracie?  Our Eskipoo started having seizures when he was around her age.....started out on phenobarbitall but got very lethargic....was changed to Zonisamide (a sulfa drug) & has essentially been seizure-free for years.  He's now 12 & has had maybe 1 witnessed seizure a year, if that.

She's a cavapoo (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel/poodle). I'll copy and paste your info and send it to DD in case the Vet starts talking about meds.  Gracie seems to be doing well today.  Back to following Mom and Dad around the house to snuggle up to them at any opportunity.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 18

37 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

We are on board the beautiful Rotterdam having lunch in Dutch Cafe. Around 2,400 guest on board. Few children. First day Neptune Lounge is self serve and sounds like Sip and Savor is back.

Off to Muster scan and exploring this beautiful ship.

So she's pretty full - the HAL site says 2668 guests is the total.  Are you finding the ship crowded?  

• Like 14

Well, I'm back from in-person worship for the first time in months.  Although my congregation's protocols are quite conservative I switched to virtual when I started radiation, continued during the Omicron surge, and then was close to my cruise (staying away pre-cruise like @Vict0riann, on the cruise, and holding back for a couple of weeks after the cruise (that's part of our protocol).

I'll still be sporadic until the weather warms up a bit more.  When I retired I set it as part of my environmental stewardship goal to leave one day a week where I don't put a car on the road.  It's a bit far to walk for now and the bus leaves me a half hour each before and after the service, and it's a bit cold for that.

Roy

• Like 24

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Roy @rafinmd — Your upcoming cruises look super!  Not having ever been on Cunard I’m not sure what type of cabin a Princess Grill is— can you explain?

Actually, I can't right now and you've piqued my curiosity.  I was going to do a comparison with the Eurodam but in looking at the deck plans I see a lot more difference than I thought.

Roy

• Like 14

Good morning from a cool and very windy San Diego.  It rained overnight, but quit sometime after we docked.

Besides the person several Dailyites want the aliens to abduct, the are a few more I can think of for them to take too.  Happiness should be everyday.  We try to do our part to help the environment. Unfortunately, in our town in  Texas and in Quartzsite, they have stopped offering recycling.

I agree with the George Bernard Shaw quote. The meal and drink sound nice, but not for today.  We are planning on dinner in the Tamarind.  We'll pass on the wine.

We have not been to today's port, but to a different island for a beach day.

@1ANGELCAT  The Noordam will be in Ft. Lauderdale to take on more crew in the start up before the first passengers arrive in April.  The last two weeks, there have been several new entertainment team members on Koningsdam for training.  Some will be flying to Florida today, and boarding Noordam on Wednesday.

@rafinmd  Roy, your cruise sounds nice, and please, add yourself to the celebrations list.

@aliaschief  BON VOYAGE to you and the twins.  I'm glad the Koningsdam only has about 1100 passengers.

@cat shepard  HAPPY  Birthday to your sister.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, Gracie is very cute, and I hope the seizure was a one off.  A visit to the vet is a good idea.

We're off to the Lido for lunch.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

It does appear rather busy but folks are out exploring, mustering and dining. We’ll see. Majority of folks maskless.

Here’s a few pics of our Neptune Suite. The shower is huge and has the side jet options

image.thumb.jpeg.35613024b3f8e98c069047219c563b9c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.be7f38d8ca9d9e92790ea241899a43bf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ddc44905f33f4df99faeb676599d2261.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a803f0adbd3addd7367896c4b87c64ab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.25016840230384ce5c2336399df39b72.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 10

Good afternoon, all! It’s a sunny and warm day here in St Louis.

Never was sure what to think of Alien Abductions 🤣. I will take a day and of happiness and we need to take better ca re of the earth than we’ve been doing.

Haven’t been to Fiji. Food, drink, wine all sound good.

Thanks @grapau27always appreciate your sharing of the Sunday message. 

@StLouisCruiserssorry to hear about Gracie the pup, seizures are quite scary. Our Fritz had them and when they became too frequent, the vet put him on phenobarbital. After that he never had another one. Getting the phenobarbital was interesting because it is considered a controlled substance so they are careful with the prescription. Plus it was funny when Walgreens would announce “prescription for Fritz”. Hope all is well with your DD’s baby, she is quite a cutie.

Prayers for all on our care list 🙏, most especially for the people of Ukraine. And so happy to read of cruises and birthdays and anniversaries 🍷.

Take care, all

St Louis Sal

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Suslor said:

Worth giving it a try 🤪. Any courageous readers out there?

I have always been told don’t knock it till you try it (which of course I just did 😱), but still think this gets a hard pass from me 🙅

• Like 15

It looks like our sailaway will be a chilly one.  It's 67F and very windy.

This morning, I walked around the ship just to check things out once most people were off the ship.  

@Vict0riann  Ann, just past your cabin, the port side hall is blocked until past the aft elevators.  To get to the aft elevators, you can use the starboard hall.  We were told the cabins in the closed off area are being used as isolation cabins for incoming crew.

@Live4cruises  A word of warning about reaching you cabin.  Much of Deck 4 is being use as quarantine cabins.  Getting around that deck is a challenge.  You can only acess Deck 4 cabins with the front or rear elevators,and cannot walk from front to back on Deck 4.  When you broad the ship, go to the back elevators.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

It looks like our sailaway will be a chilly one.  It's 67F and very windy.

This morning, I walked around the ship just to check things out once most people were off the ship.  

@Vict0riann  Ann, just past your cabin, the port side hall is blocked until past the aft elevators.  To get to the aft elevators, you can use the starboard hall.  We were told the cabins in the closed off area are being used as isolation cabins for incoming crew.

@Live4cruises  A word of warning about reaching you cabin.  Much of Deck 4 is being use as quarantine cabins.  Getting around that deck is a challenge.  You can only acess Deck 4 cabins with the front or rear elevators,and cannot walk from front to back on Deck 4.  When you broad the ship, go to the back elevators.

Lenda

Thanks - I imagine we will get our exercise on the ship!😄

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I was about to write Good morning, but it is afternoon already.  We also watched Mass on our smart TV because of the mask issue.  The church is packed and no one wears masks. Not even the priest.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and to Roy for the list.  I appreciate your putting DH on the list until we get a the biopsy results. Hopefully it will be soon.  On Thursday I go to the Mayo Clinic for another blood test and an visit with the PCP.  Hopefully this blood test will show lower inflammation levels and the prednisone can again be reduced.  I am hoping to be off that medication within a month. 

@rafinmdyour cruises sound wonderful and I agree with the others that you should put yourself on the celebrations list.  You deserve it.  You have been through a lot and it is time for some fun.

@aliaschiefi wish you a good cruise on the Rotterdam.  i would be interested in comparison of your wonderful experience on Azamara with your HAL cruise.  If you so wish to do so.

@StLouisCruisers Sorry about Gracie’s seizure and hope it is a one-time event.  Prayers continue for Jen and Buddy.

@smitty34877As always, prayers continue for Tana.

@mamaofamiYou need a break.  These aides are never going to be perfect and do things exactly as you want them to or the way you would do them. Decide what is important and what you can overlook.  you will be happier that way.  Or else you will run yourself ragged.  Take it from one who has been through this.

@kazuprayers for Jose, Marley and especially you as you navigate all the red tape to get Jose placed.

I like the wine.  Will pass on the dinner, only because we don’t have any ravioli in the house and will not go out looking for them today.  The wine looks good.

Like the quote.

interesting days.  Happiness is always good and we need to preserve the earth.

As for alien abductions, I agree with another poster who suggested that there is only one person on this earth right now that needs to be abducted and never returned to this planet.  And he is in Russia.

And with that my friends, I wish you a Happy Sunday.

Prayers for all who need them and cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

God Bless,

Terri

You are right, Teri. But, today we found out he has been arrested for physically abusing his wife a few years back. The agency doesnt know because he was already working for them when it happened and they didnt ever recheck him. I cant tell them now or let him go until after Sam's surgery.If I tell them, they will pull him right out and we need someone here who knows him because he will need help recuperating. We are both dumbstruck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9