The Daily for Sunday 03/20/2022

richwmn

4 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

You are right, Teri. But, today we found out he has been arrested for physically abusing his wife a few years back. The agency doesnt know because he was already working for them when it happened and they didnt ever recheck him. I cant tell them now or let him go until after Sam's surgery.If I tell them, they will pull him right out and we need someone here who knows him because he will need help recuperating. We are both dumbstruck.

Holy cow, you could write a book about the aides you've had; that's ridiculous !!!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mamaofami said:

You are right, Teri. But, today we found out he has been arrested for physically abusing his wife a few years back. The agency doesnt know because he was already working for them when it happened and they didnt ever recheck him. I cant tell them now or let him go until after Sam's surgery.If I tell them, they will pull him right out and we need someone here who knows him because he will need help recuperating. We are both dumbstruck.

Carol, this is just unbelievable.  If you tried to turn the saga of the aides into a movie or tv script,  no one in Hollywood would buy it.  They'd think it was not true to life.  If only they knew.

Lenda

• Like 14

@Quartzsite Cruiserthanks for that information!  I expected obstruction on port, but not starboard.  I’m also surprised to hear that there are cabins on both 4 and 5, although I guess I can understand they might want to have staff administrative quarantine separate from known positives.  May the positive cabins remain empty!

• Like 11

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@rafinmd,Roy I am excited for you to have those cruises scheduled and tried to talk DH into the NY  round trip Canadian cruise.He is not excited about the dressing up component. I then asked DD  if she would be interested....or I would be fine going solo!Thanks for the inspiration. 

@cat shepard,Happy Birthday to your sister

@StLouisCruisers,Sandi, I hope sweet Gracie is ok.She is adorable .

Smitty - please tell your DH there is no dressing up component anymore on HA cruises - the gala nights allow men to wear a collared shirt and pants.  This meant a T shirt with a collar for many of the men we saw at the gala dinners.   There are some people, men and women who still dress up but most of the people we saw were not very dressed up at all.  I think the luggage restrictions on flights have pretty much done away with packing gowns and tuxes.

Hope everyone is doing okay. Sad to see so many people having so many medical issues.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

Smitty - please tell your DH there is no dressing up component anymore on HA cruises - the gala nights allow men to wear a collared shirt and pants.  This meant a T shirt with a collar for many of the men we saw at the gala dinners.   There are some people, men and women who still dress up but most of the people we saw were not very dressed up at all.  I think the luggage restrictions on flights have pretty much done away with packing gowns and tuxes.

Hope everyone is doing okay. Sad to see so many people having so many medical issues.  

My Canada cruise is on Cunard.  Even they are not as formal as they used to be but they definitely adhere to a dress code.  I think HAL's New England cruises are all out of Boston.

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

My Canada cruise is on Cunard.  Even they are not as formal as they used to be but they definitely adhere to a dress code.  I think HAL's New England cruises are all out of Boston.

Roy

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

We sailed on Cunard and I remember loving the men coming in their kilts to formal night.  This was in the 'old days' when we took 2 suitcases with us, one filled with our dress up clothes and the other with regular things. And yes I know the New England cruises go out of Boston but some of us still have to fly there :).  

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

That is what I would like to go on.He is wavering.....I can be a pain.We were on Cunard for our first cruise many years ago and I think it would be fun to go back.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We are on board the beautiful Rotterdam having lunch in Dutch Cafe. Around 2,400 guest on board. Few children. First day Neptune Lounge is self serve and sounds like Sip and Savor is back.

Off to Muster scan and exploring this beautiful ship.

Sounds good.

I hope you have an amazing cruise.

Graham.

• Like 11

Good late afternoon. Thanks for the Daily. Happy Spring!

I hope I'm not abducted by an ET today! I hope we can all share some happiness every day. Our Earth needs more efforts to preserve her.

Good quote.

I like the meal, but not the carbs. Pass on the drink and wine. I bought my first ever cardbordeaux today.

I've never been to Fiji. Thanks for any pictures.

It's now sunny, after a rainy morning. Well, after a trip to the grocery store this AM (about 25% with masks on), I came home and have been trying unsuccessfully to figure out why I can' access PTZ webcams. They sent me a detailed email and I agree it must be a DNS issue with my internet provider. I did a lot of things (reboot router, reboot PC, check for blocks by my antivirus or firewall) to no avail. I can ping the site, but not get on with any browser. I wasn't brave enough to try going in to the router setup (I did take a look) and change the DNS to the Google ones. So for now, it's look on my phone via cell data (but it's too small) or nothing. 

AND my crown has come off again! That's time #5! I have an appointment on Friday.

@grapau27 Thanks for today's sermon.

@aliaschief Bon Voyage!

@rafinmd Congrats on the upcoming cruises.

@kazu Prayers for Jose, you and Marley.

@StLouisCruisers I hope DD's cute Gracie will be ok. Continued prayers for Jen and Buddy.

@mamaofami Sorry to hear of the continued scary issues with the aide!

@cat shepard Happy Birthday to your sister!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. Special prayers for the people of Ukraine, the refugees and the helpers.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Actually, I can't right now and you've piqued my curiosity.  I was going to do a comparison with the Eurodam but in looking at the deck plans I see a lot more difference than I thought.

Roy

Looks amazing Roy.

Screenshot_20220320_213305.jpg

Screenshot_20220320_213223.jpg

Screenshot_20220320_213154.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

It's now sunny, after a rainy morning. Well, after a trip to the grocery store this AM (about 25% with masks on), I came home and have been trying unsuccessfully to figure out why I can' access PTZ webcams. They sent me a detailed email and I agree it must be a DNS issue with my internet provider. I did a lot of things (reboot router, reboot PC, check for blocks by my antivirus or firewall) to no avail. I can ping the site, but not get on with any browser. I wasn't brave enough to try going in to the router setup (I did take a look) and change the DNS to the Google ones. So for now, it's look on my phone via cell data (but it's too small) or nothing. 

Have you tried PTZ recently.  They had (and it may not be fixed for everybody yet) issue and nobody could get on for a long time.  Check today's sailaway thread for more details.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol, 

You have really had a time of it and I am so sorry to hear this.  All I can say is try to keep your cool.  I know when we had people who took care of my mom and my BIL, we were not always happy, but had to keep quiet because it was better than not having them.  

We finally found a lovely lady to help with my DBIL.  And even then, things were not perfect.  You just have to decide what you can live with. If not, you will have no one to help you and that is worse. Believe me, I shed many tears over these situations.  We have no family, no children and it was just DH and I handling it all.  It is not easy. Sometimes you just have to look the other way and keep quiet.

i will pray for you that things improve.  God bless,

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I just came across this. 

I can’t decide if it’s absolutely amazing, or absolutely revolting. I do know there is no middle ground. Does it represent happiness, or the inability of aliens to grasp human customs?

94C3684F-4BD7-4A36-9DC3-8DE0253BA1F4.png

I vote for amazing.  such a pretty color too

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Have you tried PTZ recently.  They had (and it may not be fixed for everybody yet) issue and nobody could get on for a long time.  Check today's sailaway thread for more details.

Roy

I have and it is acting up.

For Miami or NY use You Tube LIVE

• Like 10

Just now, Live4cruises said:

@Quartzsite Cruiserthanks for that information!  I expected obstruction on port, but not starboard.  I’m also surprised to hear that there are cabins on both 4 and 5, although I guess I can understand they might want to have staff administrative quarantine separate from known positives.  May the positive cabins remain empty!

I also hope the quarantine cabins stay empty.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

It does appear rather busy but folks are out exploring, mustering and dining. We’ll see. Majority of folks maskless.

Here’s a few pics of our Neptune Suite. The shower is huge and has the side jet options

image.thumb.jpeg.35613024b3f8e98c069047219c563b9c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.be7f38d8ca9d9e92790ea241899a43bf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ddc44905f33f4df99faeb676599d2261.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a803f0adbd3addd7367896c4b87c64ab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.25016840230384ce5c2336399df39b72.jpeg

Looks fabulous.

I hope your cruise is awesome.

Graham.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Pass on the drink and wine. I bought my first ever cardbordeaux today.

AND my crown has come off again! That's time #5! I have an appointment on Friday.

Ah, another Cardboardeaux convert; welcome to the dark side!  LOL

Okay, please tell me your dental office is not charging you for every appointment with this crown.  That's ridiculous!  You'd be better off using crazy glue on your own at this rate!

• Like 12
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Ah, another Cardboardeaux convert; welcome to the dark side!  LOL

Okay, please tell me your dental office is not charging you for every appointment with this crown.  That's ridiculous!  You'd be better off using crazy glue on your own at this rate!

Thanks, lol. It is Bota Box Wine and I got the cab (I'm a red wine person). I'd seem pretty good write-ups about it.

I got a couple of charges, as it was the beginning of the year and I hadn't satisfied my deductible. Last time the dentist said if it came off again he'd make a new crown at his expense. I hope he meant that!

• Like 21

What a difference a week makes.  I wandered up to the sailaway party, and compared to last Sunday, there were very few people there.  There doesn't seem to be the spring break crowd this week.  There are a few kids, but not many.   The weather may be playing a part too.  It's sunny and in the 70s, but there is a breeze that is making it cooler on the open deck, even though the wind speed has slowed some.

The Captain announced, we will be leaving later than scheduled.  Some passengers were delayed in arriving.  Since it is not far to Ensenada, we have extra time to wait.

The spring break cruisers could be on the Disney Wonder which is docked on the other side of the pier.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 19

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Carol, 

You have really had a time of it and I am so sorry to hear this.  All I can say is try to keep your cool.  I know when we had people who took care of my mom and my BIL, we were not always happy, but had to keep quiet because it was better than not having them.  

We finally found a lovely lady to help with my DBIL.  And even then, things were not perfect.  You just have to decide what you can live with. If not, you will have no one to help you and that is worse. Believe me, I shed many tears over these situations.  We have no family, no children and it was just DH and I handling it all.  It is not easy. Sometimes you just have to look the other way and keep quiet.

i will pray for you that things improve.  God bless,

Terri

Terri, you give good advice.  I remember having to do just as you advise when my dear Dad had live-in help in his later years.  To their credit, they adored him, so we put up with a lot.  The worst was when one of them took it upon herself to make a change in his meds....NOT acceptable and we had a quiet talk with her.  It never happened again.  The other stuff we could put up with, annoying as some of it was.  

• Like 14

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Actually, I can't right now and you've piqued my curiosity.  I was going to do a comparison with the Eurodam but in looking at the deck plans I see a lot more difference than I thought.

Roy

That’s okay Roy. Graham posted the following which gave me the information I wanted. Similar to a Neptune Suite but with some extras. 

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Looks amazing Roy.

Screenshot_20220320_213305.jpg

Screenshot_20220320_213223.jpg

Screenshot_20220320_213154.jpg

Thanks for sharing this Graham!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the Daily information, recipes, humour and  photos.

We have been to Dravuni  Island while on the beautiful Maasdam.

I would choose the alternative menu posted by Roy @rafinmd. And Roy, pleased that you have 3 cruises booked, guess we won't be seeing you out here for a while.

@richwmn Rich, thanks for mentioning a New Zealand wine yesterday.

@aliaschief Bon Voyage, thanks for the photos of your stateroom.

RIP @kakalina.

@cat shepardHappy Birthday to your sister.

It's a sunny autumn day.

Best wishes to those on the Care list.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1