Royal Caribbean Stock Ownership

We bought some RCCL stock when the price was low.   I have heard that there are some perks while cruising if you own some stock.  Does anyone know if this is true?  If it is true what are the perks and what do you have to do to receive them?

Thank you!

Brenda

We have owned RCCL stock for many years. If you have no other special offers for your cruise and own 100 or more shares, you can receive $100 onboard credit. Fill out the form and present it when you check in. In 20 cruises, we have only been able to use this offer once since we usually get some onboard credit from our travel company.

Just google RCCL stock shareholder onboard credit offer request form.

It wouldn't cut and past the address.

10 minutes ago, camtran said:

We bought some RCCL stock when the price was low.   I have heard that there are some perks while cruising if you own some stock.  Does anyone know if this is true?  If it is true what are the perks and what do you have to do to receive them?

Thank you!

Brenda

You need to own 100 shares to get the benefit, which is OBC for an upcoming cruise.  The amount of the OBC is based on the length of your cruise.  There is a form online to fill out and return with a broker's statement to request the OBC.  That's the only benefit that I am aware of.

29 minutes ago, tsjt said:

We have owned RCCL stock for many years. If you have no other special offers for your cruise and own 100 or more shares, you can receive $100 onboard credit. Fill out the form and present it when you check in. In 20 cruises, we have only been able to use this offer once since we usually get some onboard credit from our travel company.

You have to submit before your cruise through the shareholder website with proof of stock ownership.   You make it sound like you fill out a form at the port.

Here's the link:  https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com/

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, tsjt said:

The stockholder's benefit is now combinable with all other offers. You are able to receive the benefit regardless of what other sales offers there are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Send an email to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com with your reservation number, names, and C&A # asking them to add $100 OBC to your cruise.  Attach a copy of your brokerage statement showing you own a minimum of 100 shares of stock.  No form to complete. 

It used to be completed with 2-3 days but it’s taking much longer now.  If you don’t get a response in 10 days, send a second request.

40 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Send an email to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com with your reservation number, names, and C&A # asking them to add $100 OBC to your cruise.  Attach a copy of your brokerage statement showing you own a minimum of 100 shares of stock.  No form to complete. 

It used to be completed with 2-3 days but it’s taking much longer now.  If you don’t get a response in 10 days, send a second request.

When you ask for $100 on a 14+ night cruise, be sure to tell them to apply the additional / unrequested $150 to one of my bookings.  😛

TL;DR - Amount is based on sailing length, not a fixed $100.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

When you ask for $100 on a 14+ night cruise, be sure to tell them to apply the additional / unrequested $150 to one of my bookings.  😛

TL;DR - Amount is based on sailing length, not a fixed $100.

I apologize if I wasn’t specific but there are very few cruises of 14 days or longer. 

If your cruise is 6 days or shorter, the OBC is $50.

Edited by sellwingri

51 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I apologize if I wasn’t specific but there are very few cruises of 14 days or longer. 

If your cruise is 6 days or shorter, the OBC is $50.

No problem, I was just clarifying in case someone did have a longer sailing.

BTW, $50 is for 5 days (nights) or shorter.

• $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 13 nights
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less
Edited by Another_Critic

3 hours ago, tsjt said:

I posted incorrect info. You have to fill out the shareholder form and mail it in not just present it at check in.

You are still posting incorrect information. You can email the required information or fill out the electronic request form. There is no need to mail in anything. I'm not sure you could even if you wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So it isn't combinable with a comp cruise (makes sense).

Is it combinable with other general offers though? If my TA gets me a great deal with some OBC, does this combine on top of that?

As I cruise more I've been pondering picking this up, especially with the price still low relative to pre-pandemic.

5 hours ago, rennyn said:

Is it combinable with other general offers though? If my TA gets me a great deal with some OBC, does this combine on top of that?

Yes. 

17 hours ago, rennyn said:

As I cruise more I've been pondering picking this up, especially with the price still low relative to pre-pandemic.

This just recently changed.  In the past, I had free cruises and still received  the OBC.  In fact, I had $100 of OBC on my free Symphony cruise 3 weeks ago.  Not sure why it changed with no notice and no specifics when you qualify and when you don’t.  It’s also taking much longer than it used to take.  It used to take 2 days for your credit to be added.

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are still posting incorrect information. You can email the required information or fill out the electronic request form. There is no need to mail in anything. I'm not sure you could even if you wanted to.

You are correct. It can be submitted electronically.

7 minutes ago, aloni said:

How can I see that the benefit was credited to my account? 

Mine shows up on the upper right hand corner of the cruise planner.  The amount should change when you make a purchase (presuming there is $$$ leftover).

• 7 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 5:32 PM, sellwingri said:

This just recently changed.  In the past, I had free cruises and still received  the OBC.  In fact, I had $100 of OBC on my free Symphony cruise 3 weeks ago.  Not sure why it changed with no notice and no specifics when you qualify and when you don’t.  It’s also taking much longer than it used to take.  It used to take 2 days for your credit to be added.

That is very odd. I have an email about my cruise in three weeks that is comped  that says that I cannot use my Stock benefit.