I owe people an apology

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

I also do mock bookings and apply the Royal math, then compare to the invoice they send while I'm still on the phone.

I only have one booking left with FCC applied, and so far, I've done a price drop, an upgrade, and two more price drops.  And everything foots to my calculations.  🙂

excellent minds think alike,

I know people who do not care for details end up with various issues.     Just do the Math!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

When the global closure of cruising started, RCL offered a full refund or 125% FCC. I was all for the future cruise credits. Many people were noy & said get the refund. Was I ever wrong & I want to apologize?  RCL has completely changed her rules for cruising. Now people who do not qualify to cruise with them can't get a refund. They keep saying we are revisiting the rules in several months, you have to wait. Their suggestion is to sell your FCC to someone else. RCL you are stooping to new lows.

Or you could just get vaccinated.  

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

The first time I used a 125% FCC, I was totally confused how they applied it.  It took me a while to figure out "Royal" math.  😄

It took my TA over 12 months to figure it out too. I agreed with Royal but somehow she had ‘lost’ £252 🙄. We’d been in dispute over it for a long time when finally a couple of weeks ago she sent me an invoice for the balance due on my June cruise that was actually correct!

Edited by CaroleC

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Are you not vaccinated? Otherwise we’ve been on 5 so far with no issues.

Wife' was advised by her Dr. not to get the vaccine. Wrote to M. Bailey about the situation. Special assistance sent an email, stating all passengers had to be vaccinated. Someday they might change the protocol.

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

I was told to wait until the H&S protocols are announced, which is 30 days prior to sail.    I did and my TA got approval form RCL for refunds.  I basically explained to my agent because my grandchildren are not vaccinated, RCL/CDC will not allow the respective families to sail.  Ready and willing to sail, if allowed.

Ps.  I will be satisfied when the credits show on my CC.

Wife is a TA & they will not give refund. She has spent days on ours & others.

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Speak for yourself ... I personally lost several minutes of my life reading the OP's [non] apology.  😲  😄

ETA:  I should have spent those several minutes packing for my cruise tomorrow.  🙃

Then, I apologize to you. 😉

But, not because I'm jealous that you're leaving tomorrow.  I will not apologize for that.

Bon Voyage.  Have a great time!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, katiel53 said:

I don't see how RC is stooping to new lows.  You had the CHOICE of a refund or taking an extra 25%.  You chose to take the FCC so that you would have more money.  No one forced you to do that. As you stated, people advised you to take the refund, but being a bit on the mercenary  side, you made your choice.

If you choose/chose not to get vaccinated, that is also your choice.  When will you be able to take responsibility for your own actions and not blame the cruise line, CDC or whomever?  

At least you are being given the choice to sell the FCC or lose your money.  That again, is up to you.  

Hahaha, you are assuming a lot. I am sure you don't follow that advise in the real world. I know if your doctor told you what to do you would ignore their advise. We followed THEIR policies, THEY changed their policies. We are not asking for preferred treatment. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

OP....probably should have taken the refund instead of the cruise credit if your Dr won't give the vaccine to your wife.  Not seeing how this is RC's issue.

Well, when FCC vs refunds were initially offered, no one knew of a vaccine requirement (assuming cancelled cruise was prior to the restart).  But, no, someone's health issue is not an RCI issue.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

If your doctor advised, you not to get vaccinated, you would run out & get vaccinated?

Without getting into your wife's medical history, if a doctor advised against getting vaccinated, I would probably seek a 2nd opinion.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

We are currently at 6 completed, and 9 more in the queue for this year ( a lot of L&S). Would love to do the TA, but can’t fly anymore (Dr’s orders- ugh) so no way to get back home.

You need to think outside the box. Take TA to Europe then spend the summer there sailing, driving, taking a train, etc to explore, then finally take the TA back to the states. Problem solved!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

Without getting into your wife's medical history, if a doctor advised against getting vaccinated, I would probably seek a 2nd opinion.

Exactly, I don't get who shouldn't get the vaccine.  

20 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

Hahaha, you are assuming a lot. I am sure you don't follow that advise in the real world. I know if your doctor told you what to do you would ignore their advise. We followed THEIR policies, THEY changed their policies. We are not asking for preferred treatment. 

I would not go against my doctor's orders, but then again, it wasn't RC that decided that cruisers had to be vaccinated.  You can thank the CDC for that and fortunately/unfortunately RC is not in charge of the CDC.  

I still think you could have avoided all this had you not decided you wanted/needed an extra 25% so YOU opted for the FCC.  Maybe you need to take up you complaint with Dr Fauci and the CDC.

Edited by katiel53
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Maybe people who are allergic to ingredients in the vaccine? I’m sure there are lots of legitimate reasons why some can’t get the vaccine. But really the bottom line is it’s nobody’s business why someone can’t get the vaccine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Well there are legitimate cases where some people should not get the vaccine for one reason or another and the OPs wife may very well have a legitimate medical case where getting the vaccine could cause more issues to their health. But doctors are not infallible and when a pandemic has shown us to be highly contagious while also having a significant mortality rate, one has to weigh the pros/cons of being vaccinated. In this type of situation, a 2nd opinion would be preferable and any respected physician would understand why a patient would seek a 2nd opinion. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Maybe people who are allergic to ingredients in the vaccine? I’m sure there are lots of legitimate reasons why some can’t get the vaccine. But really the bottom line is it’s nobody’s business why someone can’t get the vaccine.

8 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

Well there are legitimate cases where some people should not get the vaccine for one reason or another and the OPs wife may very well have a legitimate medical case where getting the vaccine could cause more issues to their health. But doctors are not infallible and when a pandemic has shown us to be highly contagious while also having a significant mortality rate, one has to weigh the pros/cons of being vaccinated. In this type of situation, a 2nd opinion would be preferable and any respected physician would understand why a patient would seek a 2nd opinion. 

Am sure you're both right there are reasons.......and also right it's nobody's business so I stand corrected.  We opted for cash refund....still took nearly 5 months but at least we got it.

Perhaps Royal Caribbean should refund FCC if  a passenger can send a doctor letter stating that for medical reasons they cannot have the vaccine 

After all two years ago when some of these FCCs were given out I don't think many of us,  unless we were medically trained, thought two years down the road we would still be in a world wide pandemic 

Alternatively for the few who can't have the vaccine perhaps the time limit to use FCCs should be extended

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

Wife' was advised by her Dr. not to get the vaccine. Wrote to M. Bailey about the situation. Special assistance sent an email, stating all passengers had to be vaccinated. Someday they might change the protocol.

If your wife is a TA, she should then be well aware of the process of obtaining a medical exemption to cruise (hint: not emailing M.Bailey.)

Since she has a rare medical condition that warrants a doctor to advise against the vaccine, just obtain the documents needed from the doctor that shows she is not medically able to receive the vaccine and submit for an exemption.  Then go sail.

• Like 3