Celebrity Silhouette March 28 - April 8

DaKahuna

We will be on this sailing and I plan on trying to post picture again as I did back in December for the Reflection B2B. 

This will be our first sailing on Silhouette since she was revolutionized so plan to try and get a lot of pictures for my records,. 

All the check in steps have been completed except the health questionnaire that we will complete tomorrow. 

We watched the safety video last night before going to bed. 

We took our antigen test at Walgreens and received our negative results this afternoon. 

We are checked in for our flights to FLL for tomorrow. 

It is now time to finish packing up the electronics, documentation, and do a final double check to make sure we have everything. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We will be on this sailing and I plan on trying to post picture again as I did back in December for the Reflection B2B. 

This will be our first sailing on Silhouette since she was revolutionized so plan to try and get a lot of pictures for my records,. 

All the check in steps have been completed except the health questionnaire that we will complete tomorrow. 

We watched the safety video last night before going to bed. 

We took our antigen test at Walgreens and received our negative results this afternoon. 

We are checked in for our flights to FLL for tomorrow. 

It is now time to finish packing up the electronics, documentation, and do a final double check to make sure we have everything. 

Very exciting! The revolutionized Silhouette is wonderful. They have done a particularly good job of the area around the sunset bar.

Remember you will still need to watch the safety video once on board and connected to ship's wifi for it to count. But it is very quick - and makes muster SO much easier.

Wishing you a fab cruise.

Have a fabulous cruise!  Truly hope you enjoy the refurbed Silhouette.  We were on the first sailing after she was revolutionized and thought they did a great job ....she instantly became our favourite Celebrity ship.   Agree with talljules1 that the Sunset Bar was beautifully re-done. 

Looking forward to reading your review.  ☺️

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise!

We were on her last September and loved the changes. The Sunset bar extended area really is great and takes seating pressure of the immediate bar area and the pool deck.

We loved the dining options on Silhouette and enjoyed all the speciality dining venues.

Enjoy, we are back on board in October so look after her for us…

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

John,  I know you will have a wonderful cruise. 

Looking forward to living vicariously through your post until we board as you are disembark.  

Thanks Jim,  I'll try and not eat all of the almond croissants. 

If I remember correctly I said I would check and let you know on the status of the Apple products onboard.   I decided not to take a chance and purchased a new MacBook Air last week and will be using it onboard.  

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Thanks Jim,  I'll try and not eat all of the almond croissants. 

If I remember correctly I said I would check and let you know on the status of the Apple products onboard.   I decided not to take a chance and purchased a new MacBook Air last week and will be using it onboard.  

Thanks --- would really be nice if they refreshed stock at some point.   With all of the OBC we all have it would be a nice place to splurge.

Edited by Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Agree.  My wife just asked how much OBC we had and when I told her the first thing she said was "Rolex" .. it's not that much for sure. 

You're lucky.    Iain raised his ring finger and wiggled it.

• Haha 4

For those of you that have been on the Silhouette since revolutionized, did they add some shade to the sunset bar? I thought I saw some pictures but can’t find them. It looked fabulous. 

2 minutes ago, cbfb said:

For those of you that have been on the Silhouette since revolutionized, did they add some shade to the sunset bar? I thought I saw some pictures but can’t find them. It looked fabulous. 

ECA88387-A8EE-4B14-B8C3-8A7D4B98E0F2.thumb.jpeg.20dc78597c38ff0fb30e687ce6312020.jpeg

Not sure if these help, but they were all taken on the top deck last August.

A755AE1D-C602-4763-A61F-7D1FC35ED419.thumb.jpeg.68f1f4757483bc27feb450ac8f284d44.jpeg

7BCC1254-0C02-4308-8C34-73154154EB3B.thumb.jpeg.0a43d124d99bd090760ef5d6ccbe6b4a.jpeg

9CB1C296-783B-49B0-A085-D75AF1DA984F.thumb.jpeg.515831578479ed553c01891a5f971d47.jpeg

• Like 2

I'll be following.  I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the revolutionized Silhouette vs Reflection.  The Silhouette is the only S class that has been fully revolutionized.  I couldn't find a date on Silhouette that worked for me and had to book the Equinox.  I prefer the speciality restaurants on Reflection and Silhouette vs the glass show on the Equinox.  

Edited by crusinthrough

1 minute ago, crusinthrough said:

I'll be following.  I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the revolutionized Silhouette vs Reflection.  The Silhouette is the only E class that has been fully revolutionized.  I couldn't find a date on Silhouette that worked for me and had to book the Equinox.  I prefer the speciality restaurants on Reflection and Silhouette vs the glass show on the Equinox.  

Silhouette is S class.

E class are:

Edge

Apex

Beyond ( inaugural sailing one month today).

Edited by upwarduk

I assume everyone on tomorrow's sailing received this email -- 

Dear Guest, 

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Silhouette® for your 11-night Caribbean cruise departing March 28, 2022, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we set sail, we would like to provide an update on your embarkation time. 

Due to advanced sanitization of the ship, we ask that you arrive to the pier an hour later than your assigned embark window. To ensure all guests are onboard and ready to enjoy their vacation, unvaccinated guests will need to be onboard by 2:30pm and vaccinated guests onboard by 3:00 PM. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. 

We look forward to welcoming you aboard and to providing you an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation. 

Sincerely,  

Celebrity Cruises 

Also I have not received the email yet asking me to complete the health questionnaire.  I thought we received it early in the day on our last sailing.   Anyone receive one yet? 

40 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Also I have not received the email yet asking me to complete the health questionnaire.  I thought we received it early in the day on our last sailing.   Anyone receive one yet? 

24 hours before your boarding time?

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We board tomorrow at 1200 (was 1100) so we are well within the 24-hours. 

Never can tell with Celebrity IT.   On our last cruise I wasn't able to fill in until 1 hour prior to boarding the ship.   To be honest it really doesn't matter because even though I answered the screening form the agent asked me the same questions and recorded it on her iPad.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Never can tell with Celebrity IT.   On our last cruise I wasn't able to fill in until 1 hour prior to boarding the ship.   To be honest it really doesn't matter because even though I answered the screening form the agent asked me the same questions and recorded it on her iPad.

That is a good point.  We had the same experience in December - had to answer the same questions prior to boarding. 

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I assume everyone on tomorrow's sailing received this email -- 

Dear Guest, 

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Silhouette® for your 11-night Caribbean cruise departing March 28, 2022, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we set sail, we would like to provide an update on your embarkation time. 

Due to advanced sanitization of the ship, we ask that you arrive to the pier an hour later than your assigned embark window. To ensure all guests are onboard and ready to enjoy their vacation, unvaccinated guests will need to be onboard by 2:30pm and vaccinated guests onboard by 3:00 PM. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. 

We look forward to welcoming you aboard and to providing you an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation. 

Sincerely,  

Celebrity Cruises 

Did they have a lot of Covid cases on this sailing? Our boarding in equinox in January was delayed until 1 pm because if all the cases on the prior sailing and the need to sanitize. I hope we are beyond this and they are just being cautious.