LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

28 minutes ago, CU64 said:

You stated that it took you from 10:35 to 11:15 to board. That is 45 minutes. ..very quick since you were riding a bus after checkin at 93.

Posted some visuals for you so you can better see our boarding times.  Does that help for your understanding?  It may have been a couple minutes less than 45, as it took a few to find an elevator down to deck 5.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

That's good news. How was the Crown Grill? 

We thought it was excellent after recent pre & post pause inconsistent quality & service. A tender & tasty filet mignon prepared perfectly for us with fine service. 😋

• Like 6

13 hours ago, cmp702 said:

I'm in Ohio.  Same thing with mine.  I cruised with Princess in January and the tracking seemed to start in Illinois, but then was suddenly in LA.  I'm booked on Discovery and my medallions just shipped and seem to be taking the same odd route.  Last time, I got them about a week after they shipped. 

I've seen this with things that are shipped from Amazon (the stuff that's not direct from them) & others. Sometimes, it starts in my home state & wanders all over the place until it comes back to CA.

Logistics...costs us $$.

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s tonight’s Captain’s Welcome menu & hopefully you can read it. We had 1800 seating & only had a few people ahead of us. When leaving at 1920 the line was backed up onto the stairs. These were vertical but CC rotated them 90° which is better than the last time with a 180° rotation. 🥴

C73E4094-8FF0-4826-819D-61615A7262D7.jpeg

Multiple flavors of ice cream is back...YAY!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Walked up at 10:34am ( first photo is with the Uhaul vans for luggage transport). IYKYK 🤣😳

Second photo is 10:54am, just before boarding the shuttle bus.

Third photo is 11:18am few minutes after arrival in the Piazza. 

You timed it perfectly! 😃 We arrived 50 minutes earlier & were onboard only about 15 minutes sooner. 

Hopefully they will begin issuing boarding group cards by Captain’s Circle level like before the pause to reduce crowding when boarding buses. In the elite lounge people surged to the door but only 40 could board the bus. Everyone else was jammed together for about 15 minutes waiting for the next bus. If having group cards that would eliminate such crowding during the pandemic.

Today’s Cabo tendering process for our scheduled 1200 anchoring.

1100: Tender tickets at Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar (Piazza deck 6); all group members must go at the same time.

Full suite & elite at Take Five (6 forward)

After waiting time is reduced no tender tickets will be required.

Thanks everyone for the pictures and updates.  Fun to see the menu's.  I am getting so excited... 19 days and counting!  Can I ask are there USB plugs on the nightstands on this ship?  

9 minutes ago, hubble said:

Thanks everyone for the pictures and updates.  Fun to see the menu's.  I am getting so excited... 19 days and counting!  Can I ask are there USB plugs on the nightstands on this ship?  

Yes…both nightstand lamps have a USB plug.

2 hours ago, hubble said:

If possible please continue to post the MDR dinner menus. TIA.

9 minutes ago, OceanoPair said:

Does anyone know where Elite and Platinum lounge is on the ship? Happy hour is usually 4:00 to 6:00.

Vista Lounge…1700 to 1900…except when having Captain’s Circle parties.

The captain said there are 2303 passengers & have read that about 1000 are at the elite level so need the larger venue. We have early dinner so don’t know how many attend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Silly request:  Could someone take a picture of the jazz band in Take 5? We know the drummer that usually opens a new ship and we were wondering if he’s there. We board in May .

It shows two different bands tonight…House Band (1845-1930); The Larry King Duo (2030-2115; 2200-Late).

6 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Ugh.  We can’t stand Larry King. At least we can mentally prepare.  Crooners may be our bar of choice for this cruise!

Thanks for getting back to me!!

You’re welcome…Crooners tonight has Live Music with A.J. Clarke from 2100-Late.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

You timed it perfectly! 😃 We arrived 50 minutes earlier & were onboard only about 15 minutes sooner. 

Hopefully they will begin issuing boarding group cards by Captain’s Circle level like before the pause to reduce crowding when boarding buses. In the elite lounge people surged to the door but only 40 could board the bus. Everyone else was jammed together for about 15 minutes waiting for the next bus. If having group cards that would eliminate such crowding during the pandemic.

It would seem that would not have been a problem because everyone is already assigned an arrival group and has QR code form the AP?  Leave it to Princess to make it impossible for their passengers to safely social distance starting a cruise.  But you better never ever wear shorts in the MDR.....they sure seem to know what is really important in life?

20 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

It would seem that would not have been a problem because everyone is already assigned an arrival group and has QR code form the AP?

No one checked our Arrival Group nor QR and only scanned Medallion.

Prior to arrival groups those with priority boarding were allowed to arrive when desired. Then each Captain’s Circle level had boarding priority cards which would have helped to eliminate crowding…sit until your group is called.

16 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

No one checked our Arrival Group nor QR and only scanned Medallion.

Prior to arrival groups those with priority boarding were allowed to arrive when desired. Then each Captain’s Circle level had boarding priority cards which would have helped to eliminate crowding…sit until your group is called.

This is the boarding process we always experienced before and felt it was somewhat orderly and well done by Princess.  I get the sense of from what you said it was basically an any man/woman for themselves free for all?  What a way to start one of the first cruises for a new ship?

• Like 1