LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Assuming you were not at a table for 2, were the other people at your table the same ones each evening like traditional dining used to be?

It was a private table for two for this cruise. In October we used DMW to be seated with a cruising couple friends but were not always at the same table although a restaurant manager got us in the same general area.

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

No, she isn't. Read my post and see the picture of her sailing next to us. 😉

Got it, yep I know that you saw it in the early morning hours and I just didn’t see any scheduled cruises for the Crown. Perhaps they added some cruises with the Crown,I have no idea?

When I was in California in January saw quite a few cruise ships just floating( crew isolation ships I think) there off the Seal Beach pier.  Not sure how many are just floating there  now,but of course periodically they do cruise the coast line and then come back & anchor.

10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

It was good but too much food…I preferred CG but taste is subjective. Pam has been so helpful to me for many years…a classy lady.

We never eat all the courses at Sabatini’s. An appetizer, either pasta or entree and a dessert is plenty for me

16 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Got it, yep I know that you saw it in the early morning hours and I just didn’t see any scheduled cruises for the Crown. Perhaps they added some cruises with the Crown,I have no idea?

When I was in California in January saw quite a few cruise ships just floating( crew isolation ships I think) there off the Seal Beach pier.  Not sure how many are just floating there  now,but of course periodically they do cruise the coast line and then come back & anchor.

We have a friend on the Crown who alerted us. It's now the return to service crew on her.  Previously being used as a covid positive ship for CCL crews.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I am looking forward to CG.  Pam is the best.  Pam and I talked on CC for a long time and then we finally met on a BV after that.  I am blessed to call her my friend.

You guys are so sweet! Thank you so much! Looking forward to seeing you, hopefully soon. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

You guys are so sweet! Thank you so much! Looking forward to seeing you, hopefully soon. 

Pam ~~ Its been forever since i have cruised but always used to search out your answers to everything! ❤️

Edited by i_heart_cruzin
  • Like 4

Would someone currently onboard please see if they can confirm departure time from LA for the April 29th coastal? It was originally 11pm but now the itinerary is showing 5pm - which screws up my flights. GAH

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Would someone currently onboard please see if they can confirm departure time from LA for the April 29th coastal? It was originally 11pm but now the itinerary is showing 5pm - which screws up my flights. GAH

What does it say on your reservation?  There should be an email sent with a PDF containing time of departure.

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

What does it say on your reservation?  There should be an email sent with a PDF containing time of departure.

11pm when I booked. My confirmation and travel summary that I saved on day of booking both have 11pm. If I pull up the travel summary now it says 5pm.

56 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

11pm when I booked. My confirmation and travel summary that I saved on day of booking both have 11pm. If I pull up the travel summary now it says 5pm.

Even with an 11 pm departure, why would you not fly into the port the day of by noon, let alone the day before?

On 4/2/2022 at 2:54 PM, enfuego4cruising said:

We are onboard the beautiful Discovery Princess for her inaugural voyage. The service has been excellent in every regard. Very friendly staff and crew. Shows and entertainment have been great. Food quality has been uneven, with the buffet being at the low end of the quality scale, especially for breakfast.

Random observations and thoughts:

The Dolphin deck is closed off for quarantine on the starboard side, from mid-ship forward.  The aft cabins/suites are unaffected by closures.

The medallion internet has been excellent, but the medallion app has been an abysmal onboard failure, save for the ability to order drinks and have them delivered to your current location.

On the  masking situation. I like having a choice. If you believe that masks work, then you are safe around the maskless. If you or someone you know contracted covid, despite being a diligent mask wearer, then perhaps masks are not all that effective. Also, not all people who cough have covid. And not all people who have covid, cough. 

Glad to be disembarking at 93. That is going to save a lot of grief for everyone. I am guessing that Princess lobbied for pier 93 when they analyzed the cost of bussing folks  and hauling luggage down to berth 50. 

We had our 2 aft dolphin deck cabins taken away (got the call in February) for our July 3rd cruise. The stated reason was that the cabins were for quarantine. We got bumped up to mini-suites but much prefer the aft cabins in Alaska. No wind, expansive views…..not happy campers about the move.

1 hour ago, lizinindy said:

We had our 2 aft dolphin deck cabins taken away (got the call in February) for our July 3rd cruise. The stated reason was that the cabins were for quarantine. We got bumped up to mini-suites but much prefer the aft cabins in Alaska. No wind, expansive views…..not happy campers about the move.

That is a real bummer. I would not have been happy about that move at all. Aft cabins are great, especially for Alaska. 

They moved you with a lot of time still to go. Maybe an aft cabin will open up on another deck for you. Which ship are you sailing on?

20 hours ago, enfuego4cruising said:

That is a real bummer. I would not have been happy about that move at all. Aft cabins are great, especially for Alaska. 

They moved you with a lot of time still to go. Maybe an aft cabin will open up on another deck for you. Which ship are you sailing on?

Discovery Princess

On 4/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, ceilidh1 said:

On 4/3/2022 at 8:02 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Even with an 11 pm departure, why would you not fly into the port the day of by noon, let alone the day before?

We also try to stay the night before a cruise, with flight reliability being what it is nowadays.  But I sympathsize with ceilidh1...  a six hour shift is quite significant.

On 3/27/2022 at 12:55 PM, cabogal said:

Thank you so much for taking the time, during your cruise, to do this.  It's greatly appreciated by future

cruisers.  I hope you have warm weather and calm seas!  Enjoy!

We had ours mailed to us.  My sister picked her up on check in with ease.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, san diego sue said:

Having trouble posting.

Ship is beautiful. We arrived at the pier 93 terminal and it was pretty full at 10:15am. Shortly after boarding of buses began. Good we were Elite because we started boarding first. We were probably the third bus. We are on Starboard side of ship. Nice view of the boat Marina. Sailaway was gorgeous with warm weather.

My back was killing me all night on these new beds. I am going to pull the sheet and check what I am sleeping on. Feels like a pad under the sheet.Bed is hard. We have been on the Grand and Majestic recently and I slept like a baby. My Medallion is not working well on the ship. Only some functions work and some have the white screen. Worked better at home. Room Stewardess said there are issues. Internet is fine however but I had problem with Cruise Critic itself not showing I was logged in when I am. Hope this posts . I lost my previous post.

Strange--my husband's back was killing him and he thought it was because the bed was too soft!