LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I've found that Princess has the most comfortable mattresses and pillows of any cruise line.  

I agree. We have cruised on 10 different Princess ships, with the most recent being the Majestic and Regal Princesses, and have not had any issues sleeping on a Princess bed. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Brian1713 said:

Haven’t seen this asked yet, but are they giving the tumblers out with the Princess plus package?

I would like to know this too.  Thanks for all onboard answering the questions!

18 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you. I will talk to our steward again today. She is so helpful.  Just to make sure, was he given a foam topper?

I didn’t pull the sheet off to look but it feel like foam with peaks.

14 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Material to protect the pillows? Similar to anti-allergy pillow covers?

It is some sort of protection.  Maybe it protects it from drool. 😂. All I know is it makes my head sweat so my hair and the pillow is damp when I get up.  Fortunately I discovered that only my two pillows were crinkly.  The other two were normal and since Fernando beings a contour pillow for his neck, I was able to use those last night and it was much better.

11 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

What type of stateroom are you in?  Reading on the website, Interior through Balcony all use the same beds (guessing this is the base?).  Mini-Suites add a "luxury mattress topper and pillows" while Club Class and Suites add the full "The Princess Luxury Bed".  

It's a bit confusing on what type of bed is where.

"Experience the Ultimate Night of Sleep at Sea

With your overall wellness in mind, we’ve collaborated with board-certified sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus to create the ultimate in blissful comfort. Our luxurious new beds feature a scientifically engineered mattress and bed springs, a plush two-inch pillow top, European-inspired duvets and 100% luxurious Jacquard-woven linens-to assure that at the end of your voyage, you come home feeling refreshed and renewed."

We are in a regular mini suite.

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We were wondering if being new was why the bed was so hard.  If they can’t find a foam topper for me I was thinking of asking a friend if they can drop one off.  I wonder if I would have them go to 50 or 93?  Love the towels and the soft carpet.

50. definitely.  Meet them outside and have them quickly drop it off to not get a ticket from the cops hanging out. You don't want to be sleeping on (even if it has a sheet on it ) something that was on the bottom of the shuttle bus. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Has everyone been happy with the food and entertainment on this inaugural sailing?  We are happy with both.  

Yes we have been so far also.

Food:

Gigi’s Pizzeria - Seems to have the same menu as Alfredo’s so why the name change was felt necessary no clue.  Most importantly they still have the veal pasta pockets which are so yummy.

Slice - On deck pizza good as always. Yesterday’s special was Mexican Chorizo - fantastic (especially if you go get extra cilantro from the buffet toppings where they serve chips & salsa) so don’t miss this flavor when offered.

MDR - We’ve had three dinners so far.  Not to be missed items: Rum infused pina colada soup, hazelnut soufflé, crab & Monterey Jack quiche, chocolate hazelnut bar, goat cheese soufflé, sea salt caramel pot de creme, and of course the fettuccine Alfredo.

Specialty - So far we’ve just done Salty Dog Gastropub ($18pp) you choose 2 savory and 1 sweet small plates, plus you each get the breadsticks with beer cheese dipping sauce.  Recommend the Ernesto burger, beef short rib poutine, and the lemon posset. 

Entertainment:

We’ve listened to the piano entertainer AJ Clarke a few times in Crooners and really like him.

We’ve heard vocalists Aileen & the Sticks a couple times including their great A Tribute to the Music of Ireland show in Princess Live.

So far we’ve only caught the Larry King Trio in Take Five Jazz.  
Only show we’ve seen in the Princess Theater was last night’s comedian Steve Caouette - he was great and he’s doing another show as a double bill with Jeff Allen on Sat night so we’ll have to catch that one.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, macusr said:

Only show we’ve seen in the Princess Theater was last night’s comedian Steve Caouette - he was great and he’s doing another show as a double bill with Jeff Allen on Sat night so we’ll have to catch that one.

OMG we LOVE Steve Caouette. I really hope he is on for our April 29th coastal!

38 minutes ago, macusr said:

Yes we have been so far also.

Food:

Gigi’s Pizzeria - Seems to have the same menu as Alfredo’s so why the name change was felt necessary no clue.  Most importantly they still have the veal pasta pockets which are so yummy.

Slice - On deck pizza good as always. Yesterday’s special was Mexican Chorizo - fantastic (especially if you go get extra cilantro from the buffet toppings where they serve chips & salsa) so don’t miss this flavor when offered.

MDR - We’ve had three dinners so far.  Not to be missed items: Rum infused pina colada soup, hazelnut soufflé, crab & Monterey Jack quiche, chocolate hazelnut bar, goat cheese soufflé, sea salt caramel pot de creme, and of course the fettuccine Alfredo.

Specialty - So far we’ve just done Salty Dog Gastropub ($18pp) you choose 2 savory and 1 sweet small plates, plus you each get the breadsticks with beer cheese dipping sauce.  Recommend the Ernesto burger, beef short rib poutine, and the lemon posset. 

Entertainment:

We’ve listened to the piano entertainer AJ Clarke a few times in Crooners and really like him.

We’ve heard vocalists Aileen & the Sticks a couple times including their great A Tribute to the Music of Ireland show in Princess Live.

So far we’ve only caught the Larry King Trio in Take Five Jazz.  

Thank you for your great review!  One question, do we need to make a reservation for Salty Dog Gastropub?

4 hours ago, Keata said:
17 hours ago, Brian1713 said:

Haven’t seen this asked yet, but are they giving the tumblers out with the Princess plus package?

We were on the Regal in February and did not receive tumblers. Asked the bar staff and they said, 'no, there are not any.' Asked guest services and they said to contact room service and actually let me call from their phone. Tumblers were waiting in our room when we got upstairs 5 minutes later.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Could be the whole deck.  We were originally just aft of the front set of elevators in D318 or D 319.  We got moved to Caribe for 4/10 and Sun for 4/17.

Thank you

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

The elevator never ever ever stops at 9. 

Since I have no reason now to get off at 9, that's a good thing.  I would have had to go to guest services about the non stop issue since my DW is in a scooter.

9 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Since I have no reason now to get off at 9, that's a good thing.  I would have had to go to guest services about the non stop issue since my DW is in a scooter.

If there were regular guests on dolphin, it would stop. Since its exclusively quarantine, it doesn't. 

3 hours ago, CruisingJs said:

It is some sort of protection.  Maybe it protects it from drool. 😂. All I know is it makes my head sweat so my hair and the pillow is damp when I get up.  Fortunately I discovered that only my two pillows were crinkly.  The other two were normal and since Fernando beings a contour pillow for his neck, I was able to use those last night and it was much better.

Same!  We have 2 crinkly and 4 regular!  They all seem like down. There is a pillow menu on the app.  Only 2 choices though