Voyager to hades.

TomTN

Worst cruise ever so far.

Check in was good.

Dinner in Compass Rose was horrible. Took 2+ hours to get escargots, very simple salad and four scallops. Food quality was not a single step up from Norwegian CL.

People just looking and waiting for food. Manyeft before ever getting their meal. All they did was apologize repeatedly,  and ask at least 25 times if you needed more wine.

Not a good situation for our diabetic friend.

Compass Rose will probably be empty tonight.

3 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

Check in was good.

Dinner in Compass Rose was horrible. Took 2+ hours to get escargots, very simple salad and four scallops. Food quality was not a single step up from Norwegian CL.

People just looking and waiting for food. Manyeft before ever getting their meal. All they did was apologize repeatedly,  and ask at least 25 times if you needed more wine.

It’s only day 1, first day back to school for Voyager and the crew, so hopefully for you and everyone else on the cruise things will greatly improve. I certainly don’t want to wait over 2 hours for my starter when I board in Barcelona.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

Check in was good.

Sorry to hear this, especially not acceptable on a ship 70% full.  Away from the CR debacle how has the rest of the journey been?  Room, Bars, excursions etc?

5 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

Check in was good.

I have to agree. 

Dinner in Compass Rose wasn't quite what we were expecting. The food we had was good (apart from my medium steak was well done) and our server appeared to be working the section alone and it was full. 

No sorbet to cleanse the palate (I dud ask the maitre d if it had been discontinued and was assured no and our waiter served the main wine and I had a long wait as there was no rose in his ice buckets and asked twice before it arrived. 

Also there doesn't seem to be as much choice as our last cruise, pre pandemic. 

Hoping things improve as we go along. 

Sorry to hear this. We should have been on this cruise but a positive test stopped us in our tracks.

We came off Seabourne 2 weeks ago, and again the service in the MDR was very slow, so much so we missed a couple of shows.Couldn’t figure out if the delay was in the kitchen or waiters. Then my husband complained and the service improved.But you shouldn’t have to complain on a luxury cruise.

Hope everything improves for you.

6 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

Check in was good.

Go to the GM immediately and speak with him. Also ask for a cruise comment card and fill it out and hand it in (after taking a picture of it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snh01 said:

I am afraid to say this is our first experience of Regent and it is in danger of being our last.  Yes teething issues are to be expected first time out and we experienced a very long wait time at dinner also but first time should warrant special attention not lack of attention.

We have had wait staff arguing in front of us (twice), a failure to deliver preorder mini bar butler request (just diet sodas and a couple of beers which are in the bars) which is still an issue today, inability to offer a coffee with milk at 10pm as “ the machine is closed due to COVID” and a bar not wanting to fill ship issued reusable water bottles (as the ship doesn’t offer plastic any more) directing us to refill stations that are closed due to COVID which is why we had been directed to the bar.

The most concerning thing is I have no idea where the service or “anything is possible” ethos is as most responses to these issues is indifference.

Is the issue here more lack of experience or indifference?  One will correct one may not.

Sorry to hear all this.  The first cruise passengers shouldn't be the test run.  I hope to hear that they rapidly fix this.  I only offer the observation that our recent Splendor cruise, after they had been operating for a while, was nearly flawless in all respects, especially the dining.  So it's possible to deliver the standard expected in these challenging times.

Captain Stan and Davor have been around a long time and are excellent; do not recognize any of the other names in the Hotel Department.  Hopefully Davor gets that ship in top shape in a matter of days.

Marc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gilly said:

I'd regard Davor and Vladimir as a first class management team - I wonder what challenges they're facing with their staff here?

I'm not certain but half of our pre  requests were missing, only two sodas in our fridge. We requested more from our butler (Esther) and 6 hours later when returning to our suite at 10.30 we hadn't received them. 

Lots of little niggles and everywhere you go you hear people complaining. 

20 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Captain Stan and Davor have been around a long time and are excellent; do not recognize any of the other names in the Hotel Department.  Hopefully Davor gets that ship in top shape in a matter of days.

Marc

Same here - surprising to recognize so few. However, Davor is the man to talk to and you should do so immediately.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Who is the F&B Manager on board?

My wife did receive a call today apologising  for the poor service in the dining room.  She could not remember his name. 

It was not just us. Almost everyone around us had the same problem. Maybe 10-15% of people seemed to get in and out ok.

UPDATE

I made comments earlier about quality of the experience .

Our issues have been acknowledged - after meeting with GM and F&B executive.

Clearly there are challenges but they are aware and on the case

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m sorry to hear about the service issues on Voyager. I hope it soon is resolves. We’re currently on the Explorer, and the service couldn’t be better. I haven’t been on Regent in a few years. However, in November we did a Trans Atlantic on the Silversea Silver Moon, in December on the Seabourn Ovation. All fine lines to be sure, but this cruise beats them all by far. 

Just in case anyone thinks I'm nit picking, came back to our cabin after our tour and being occupied this afternoon and we only had one creamer. It hadn't been replenished, 

It's the little things that matter. 

Went the Chartreuse tonight and it was the Regent we fell in love with, so fingers crossed it is getting better. 

• Like 3

Our TA has advised us to avoid taking the initial voyage if a new ship because (he says) those voyages are problem prone. I suppose that a voyage on an existing ship that has been laid up for two years would be subject to many of the problems of a maiden voyage.I hope to hear more from the OP as this cruise progresses.

As I posted on a different thread that on the Mariner's first cruise, although not nearly as bad as you describe, it took about three days for the operations in Hospitality and Hotel Services to mesh and meld completely.   Time, Patience and Perseverance hopefully will cure all Woes. 

• Like 4

On 3/27/2022 at 8:33 AM, Juno1956 said:

Sorry to hear this. We should have been on this cruise but a positive test stopped us in our tracks.

Was it your pre-cruise test that came back positive?  How was that handled?  Refund?  Any help with travel arrangements, etc??