Where do you like to cruise to in Feb/March?

luv2ndhalf

I have a big birthday coming up an have started thinking about where I want to celebrate it…..  Not the Caribbean (we tend to always sail there during the winter) and not Australia/NZ ( we are sailing there in Oct)~

We’d like to be gone 2-3 weeks…. We usually sail Celebrity….. 

I’d love all suggestions!

Well Feb/March is still the winter in the US and at least for US based itineraries the Caribbean is the primary cruise market for that time.  West coast departure southern / Mexico coast  itineraries would be another possibility.  If you want to cruise in South America, that would be another alternative. Or the Galapagos Islands.  You've ruled out Australia and NZ, so cruises from there that would include the South Pacific would be out.  Maybe the far east?  Or Hawaii based cruises? 

Celebrity covers the Caribbean and Galapagos during that timeframe, but unless you wanted to do a B2B2B, their longest itineraries are 10 days, with most being 7 days. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

Once Asia opens up again, Feb/March is the perfect time for weather and also for Chinese New Year celebrations when the region is especially vibrant and colourful with beautiful diplays and additional events.  Displays will usually appear approximately a couple of weeks before the actual New Year dates.(at least in our experience) As Chinese New Year dates vary from year to year, you could check which cruising dates would fit around your personal celebration.

You would not need to spend all your time cruising, you could enjoy some time on land, perhaps adding a few days both pre and post cruising as cities such as Singapore and Hong Kong (popular start and end points for cruises)have much more to offer than you could see in only one or two days.

And South America. You could perhaps consider a b2b or even a b2b2b to cover more of the continent than one shorter itinerary would.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1

We did a 2 week SA cruise in late Jan/early Feb.   We enjoyed it very much.

We combined it with pre and post cruise land trips.

We have spent a number of winters in SE Asia.  You could take a cruise from Singapore.  Weather is very nice in Feb. 

Edited by iancal
  • Thanks 1

My family did a fifteen night Asia cruise from Singapore to Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia In January 2019 on Holland America’s Westerdam. The trip was amazing and we had a great time. Singapore is beautiful and you need to stay there a few days before the cruise to get used to the thirteen hour time difference. It was so nice that we returned in January 2020 and did an eight night cruise to Thailand and Malaysia on Norwegian’s Norwegian Jade. You would have to check to see if ships had returned to the region because I fairly sure that the pandemic is still affecting the area. I do know that Singapore still isn’t accepting tourists as of a few months ago.

• Thanks 1

We did a last minute three week trip to Thailand in Jan/Feb shortly after retiring.

We like it so much we spent another five winters snow birding in the area.  Mostly Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam.  Plus five days or so in Singapore.   It is a wonderful part of the world.

You might also be able to take a shorter cruise from Singapore   up the other side.....KL, Penang, Langkawi, and Phuket.

• Thanks 1