The Daily for Wednesday 03/30/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

Well  I  am off  to  the hospital again  for  another Pet Scan on  31st  March

at  2-40pm and hope  everything is ok  again.

Jim.

Oh my heavens!  Best wishes tomorrow for you and that the results are good 🙏🏻 

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy birthday wishes to our family members @Suslorand @cruzn single, as well as Gerry's friend!  Springtime is a great season to have a birthday.

The eye exam went fine.  We discussed the crazy shapes and patterns flashing in my eyes almost every day now.  We discussed family having it, and the fact both my parents had macular degeneration.  He says no sign of MD, and very minor cataract seen at this point so no worries about that for years and years.  Basically I should rest my eyes more and learn to live with my ocular migraine.  It seems to be pretty common.  I spent the afternoon waiting for my dilated eyes to go back to normal.  I've never seen my pupils so large!

One more recommendation is to let my primary care physician know about the eye changes.  Especially after my bumped head last November.  Just in case he wants to do any specific tests.

So glad you don’t have MD but sorry your are having such issues 😔 

I think the recommendation to let your FP know about this is a very good one - especially with the bump you had.  It could be related.

Hoping you can get this resolved 🙏🏻 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

@StLouisCruisersSandi, you might try simple aspirin to open up those blood vessels and resolve the visual migraine.  That works for me, if I catch it quickly.  (I take three.)  Couldn't hurt to give it a try.  Also, lights can trigger it, so computer time can be a problem -- and the LED lights that are everywhere now.  

I'm sorry you are experiencing this.  At one time, I went through every test known to man to rule out other things.   That was about 20 years ago.  Now I pretty much know my triggers.

Still, with that bump on your head, please do follow doctors orders.  ❤️

On a happier note, the pretty purple trees are indeed jacarandas.  Downtown San Diego is glorious when they are in bloom.  We also have many Kalmias that appear this time of year.  Springtime in San Diego is very nice.  

Thanks!  I experienced this last month for the first time, also went into the dark.   I think bright light and my iPad triggered it. 
also thanks for identifying the Jacarandas, one of my faves!  

• Like 12

58 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

@StLouisCruisersSandi, you might try simple aspirin to open up those blood vessels and resolve the visual migraine.  That works for me, if I catch it quickly.  (I take three.)  Couldn't hurt to give it a try.  Also, lights can trigger it, so computer time can be a problem -- and the LED lights that are everywhere now.  

I'm sorry you are experiencing this.  At one time, I went through every test known to man to rule out other things.   That was about 20 years ago.  Now I pretty much know my triggers.

Still, with that bump on your head, please do follow doctors orders.  ❤️

On a happier note, the pretty purple trees are indeed jacarandas.  Downtown San Diego is glorious when they are in bloom.  We also have many Kalmias that appear this time of year.  Springtime in San Diego is very nice.  

Trying the aspirin would be a good question for the doctor, and the appointment is in 14 days, I believe.  So I'll check then.  I don't want to do that without his approval.

36 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Evening from a sunny and warm day at the beach

Havent been the past 2 days because we lost internet and TV connections. The tech spent 3 hours today sorting it out and it is finally working. I felt lost!

@JAM37 Julia, glad you are feeling better. Back pain is wicked

A very Happy Birthday to @Suslorand @cruzn single. May you both have may more.

My brother attended GW and was on the baseball team. The day that Reagan was shot , he was in the ER getting stitches. He said all of a sudden, there were people all over the place and they moved him very quickly to a small room, he thought it was a utility room. LOL. He didnt know until after what had happened. 

Wont be on until late tomorrow. I do have macular degeneration and tomorrow I get the shot in the eye. Sounds worse than it is. Just makes for a sore blurry eye for a few hours. So I will be sitting in a dark room wearing my sunglasses. 

It will also be my sons bday tomorrow. Bought him new golf shoes today. He was very happy.

Continue to stay safe and enjoy this evening

I don't envy you the shot in the eye!  Dad had to do that.  I'm the biggest baby about eyeball things, even eyedrops.  Good luck with the shot.

Happy birthday to your son tomorrow!  Many, many birthdays this month aren't there?

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh my heavens!  Best wishes tomorrow for you and that the results are good 🙏🏻 

So glad you don’t have MD but sorry your are having such issues 😔 

I think the recommendation to let your FP know about this is a very good one - especially with the bump you had.  It could be related.

Hoping you can get this resolved 🙏🏻 

Thank you Jacqui!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from a cool San Francisco.  Koningsdam is docking at Lier 27 now.  I'm not sure what I'll do th8s afternoon and tomorrow.

As much as we'd like to be in contol, the last two yars have taught us that we are not totally in contol.  I will salute all the doctors who have faced so many challenges the last two years.  There is a quiet, small park near the ship, and I might just walk through it again.

Today's quote by Dr. Seuss is one I can completely agree with.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today.

We were in Avatoru, Rangiroa, in November 2004 on Tahitian Princess.  We were fortunate to pick up a local tour to the pearl farm.  I'll look for pictures.

Last night, for the first time we really noticed the motion of the ocean.  We're on Deck 5, and wondered how much more noticeable it would be on Deck 8.  It was rough enough that access to the outside deck on the Promenade Deck was blocked.

@swin26 How exciting that your DM is meeting her 31st great grandchild today.

@dfish  Debbie, that's good news that your back has no changed.  Good luck at the endocrinologist.

@smitty34877 I hope the antibiotics will help Tana.

@JAM37 Julia, I'm sorry about your sciatica, but glad you got some relief  and had a good night's sleep.  Hoping the family issues are resolved soon.

@mamaofami  Carol, it sounds like the new aide is working out.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope you DH gets a goid report from the respirologist.  Enjoy your visit with your friends.

@Suslor  🎂🎉 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  🥂🎈

@cruzn single  🌹HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY! 🥂

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope everything works out, and Jose is accepted at the nursing home soon.  I know this must be bittersweet for you, as it's not the outcome you wanted.  Please take care of yourself.

@aliaschief  Glad you both could get a good night's sleep.

@grapau27 Graham, I'm happy Pauline is testing negative and she is feeling better.

@Crazy For Cats  Bon Voyage.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I happy you don't have MD.

@irishjim Good luck on the Pet scan tomorrow.

CC is not being kind to me today.  Like my first post today, it looked like this was posted.  A few minutes later I tried to post pictures of the pearl farm and they would not load.

We left the ship about that time and jist got back.  We did the Ho-Ho and it was chilly on the upper level.  Then, it got windy and cold when we drove across the Golden Gate Bridge.  So, we have been under and over the bridge today.

Fingers crossed 🤞 this will post.  Then, I'll try the pictures again.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

We were in Avatoru on Tahitian Princess in 2004.  

These are our pictures of our visit to the pearl farm.

IMG_4028.thumb.JPG.c9637be5566e12d357012e7de6fc9631.JPG

Seeding the oysters

IMG_4027.thumb.JPG.01a06d0bb9672c10dd4380f19aa6e254.JPG

IMG_4026.thumb.JPG.8f2a2f598371305779dd37c5775018b5.JPG

The oysters were placed in mesh bags which were hung from racks over the water where they were kept until the pearls were formed.

IMG_4025.thumb.JPG.f41f428dd5802403f12ed69847206454.JPG

IMG_4022.thumb.JPG.7ddc60b3300eac5441f1b7f47bfa55c5.JPG

Working on the pearls

IMG_4021.thumb.JPG.4131c0d780f138205b27081166c6b725.JPG

Inside the church

IMG_4040.thumb.JPG.11437dbaa5199b5bae442fc9c76cfb2a.JPG

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

16 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We were in Avatoru on Tahitian Princess in 2004.  

These are our pictures of our visit to the pearl farm.

IMG_4028.thumb.JPG.c9637be5566e12d357012e7de6fc9631.JPG

Seeding the oysters

IMG_4027.thumb.JPG.01a06d0bb9672c10dd4380f19aa6e254.JPG

IMG_4026.thumb.JPG.8f2a2f598371305779dd37c5775018b5.JPG

The oysters were placed in mesh bags which were hung from racks over the water where they were kept until the pearls were formed.

IMG_4025.thumb.JPG.f41f428dd5802403f12ed69847206454.JPG

IMG_4022.thumb.JPG.7ddc60b3300eac5441f1b7f47bfa55c5.JPG

Working on the pearls

IMG_4021.thumb.JPG.4131c0d780f138205b27081166c6b725.JPG

Inside the church

IMG_4040.thumb.JPG.11437dbaa5199b5bae442fc9c76cfb2a.JPG

Lenda

Thanks for your photos Lenda!  I don't remember seeing them the last time.  Could be a senior moment though.  LOL

• Like 8

Good evening to all

I have had a busy day part of which included taking a home COVID test.

During the night I woke up with a bad headache, stuffy nose and sore throat.  I figured that our cruise was doomed.  We are scheduled to leave on Monday April 4 for Barcelona and I was not a happy camper.  Well, the test was negative, thank God.  

So I went along my merry way continuing to pack.  I weeded out many things that I had on the bed in the spare bedroom because i cannot bring the whole closet with me. i would need a steamer trunk instead of a suitcase.

Anyway I have the clothes packed and now I have to deal with shoes, jewelry, and other items. i have a hair appointment tomorrow morning and then plan to finish packing in the afternoon.

One of our ports was changed.  We are no longer stopping in Tangier since Morocco has not opened their ports. We will be stopping in Cadiz prior to head ing to Portugal.  Managed to get a private tour set up for the White Hilltop Towns.  Never got to see them with all my trips to Spain.

As for the days, there a few days when i really feel in control of anything.  National Doctor’s day.  i have a great Doctor at the Mayo Clinic who has gotten me through some very rough times.  I really appreciate him.  I would love to take a walk in the park, but don’t have time right now.

My prayers for everyone on the cares list.  And I cheers to those celebrating.

@kazu I would like to say that I am happy for you that Jose is moving up on the list, but know that this brings its own kind of sorrow.  My prayers are with you during this difficult time.  Having had to place family members in nursing facilities, I know the heartache it brings. Special prayers for you. And Jose.

I hope everyone had a good day

God bless,

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all

I have had a busy day part of which included taking a home COVID test.

During the night I woke up with a bad headache, stuffy nose and sore throat.  I figured that our cruise was doomed.  We are scheduled to leave on Monday April 4 for Barcelona and I was not a happy camper.  Well, the test was negative, thank God.  

\

Sounds like a variation of my cold.... I was convinced Covid had me. Hope you feel better real quick.

Susan

• Like 11

@Cruzin Terri and @durangoscots Not to be a Debbie downer, but make sure to swab throat before nose,  omicrom seems to be more in throat and can easily be missed.   My DS just tested positive today.   He was beside someone Sunday who tested negative twice and thought it was allergies, but  tested positive Monday.   
fingers crossed for everyone!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@Cruzin Terri and @durangoscots Not to be a Debbie downer, but make sure to swab throat before nose,  omicrom seems to be more in throat and can easily be missed.   My DS just tested positive today.   He was beside someone Sunday who tested negative twice and thought it was allergies, but  tested positive Monday.   

Oh…I’ve never heard this about the throat swab before.  We’ve had some almost impossible negative tests in our family.  I just figured you have to take the test at just the right time to get a correct reading.   Swabbing the throat, too, makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for mentioning this.

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Oh…I’ve never heard this about the throat swab before.  We’ve had some almost impossible negative tests in our family.  I just figured you have to take the test at just the right time to get a correct reading.   Swabbing the throat, too, makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for mentioning this.

You’re welcome,  I’ve also heard this sub variant is called stealth omicron.  I think timing is probably key too. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Evening from a sunny and warm day at the beach

Havent been the past 2 days because we lost internet and TV connections. The tech spent 3 hours today sorting it out and it is finally working. I felt lost!

@JAM37 Julia, glad you are feeling better. Back pain is wicked

A very Happy Birthday to @Suslorand @cruzn single. May you both have may more.

My brother attended GW and was on the baseball team. The day that Reagan was shot , he was in the ER getting stitches. He said all of a sudden, there were people all over the place and they moved him very quickly to a small room, he thought it was a utility room. LOL. He didnt know until after what had happened. 

Wont be on until late tomorrow. I do have macular degeneration and tomorrow I get the shot in the eye. Sounds worse than it is. Just makes for a sore blurry eye for a few hours. So I will be sitting in a dark room wearing my sunglasses. 

It will also be my sons bday tomorrow. Bought him new golf shoes today. He was very happy.

Continue to stay safe and enjoy this evening

Happy birthday to your son 

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 4

8 hours ago, bennybear said:

Thanks!  I experienced this last month for the first time, also went into the dark.   I think bright light and my iPad triggered it. 
also thanks for identifying the Jacarandas, one of my faves!  

I find sometimes bright lights in a shop or bending over to pick something up off the floor brings on a Ocular migraine.

I can go several months without one then they can just appear.

I have the brightness turned down and eye comfort mode on my mobile phone which helps as I do all my CC posting on my Android mobile phone.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, bennybear said:

Thank you for that information.  However, I looked this up and found this. You may want to consider this as well. 

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Trying the aspirin would be a good question for the doctor, and the appointment is in 14 days, I believe.  So I'll check then.  I don't want to do that without his approval.

Another couple things you might want to consider/ look in to / discuss with your doctor:

I use caffeine and ibuprofen for the headache. Caffeine is usually a Pepsi.

We had a Neurologist (Board certified) who practices functional medicine lecture on migraine. Per her (and Institute for Functional Medicine) 

magnesium (200-500 mg/day) can decrease migraines;

CoQ10 300mg/ day can decrease migraines;

Some people get migraines related to histamine- she uses quercertin 500 mg + vitamin c 500 mg;

Some people have a gene that causes an error in methylation, for which she uses 400 mg vitamin B2.

I personally have a problem with low magnesium. I ended up in the ER at 3:00am a couple years back due to a bad reaction to Cipro and low magnesium. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, bennybear said:

You’re welcome,  I’ve also heard this sub variant is called stealth omicron.  I think timing is probably key too. 

@Cruzin Terri you might want to do another test 2-3 days after the first. There’s evidence antigen production can be delayed in the vaccinated.

• Like 2