Princess Shuttle between Seattle/Vancouver

cruzysuzy

I saw a response on a YouTube channel that Princess offered a shuttle between Seattle and Vancouver and the reverse.  Does anyone know about this?  Cost?  How to sign up?  I am looking to get off the boat in Vancouver (from a cruise tour starting in Anchorage) and flying home out of Seattle.

Yes, it is great. I have signed up for it, and the cost is $79- which is reasonable considering the distance/time involved.

In 2009, I used the same service. That time, those of us using it were gathered in a room, and we herded onto a bus. The unique aspect of it was when the bus was "sealed"... when the door was closed, a seal was placed so that U.S. Customs could see if it had been opened. When we got to the border, the customs agent climbed onto the bus and welcomed us "home". There were none of the usual steps normally encountered upon reentry. They advise you that the travel time is 4 hours.

Of course that was 13 years ago, so things may have changed. Still, it is an excellent option for flying back home. 

For the per person price of the shuttle, take a look at a one way car rental. Most if the major brands have a place in downtown Vancouver where you can drop off the car. For one person, the price of the shuttle makes sense. For two people it is worth comparing. For three or four, the rental car will likely be the better option. Plus, you have the freedom to stop and buy any last minute supplies, groceries or wine. 

34 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

For the per person price of the shuttle, take a look at a one way car rental. Most if the major brands have a place in downtown Vancouver where you can drop off the car. For one person, the price of the shuttle makes sense. For two people it is worth comparing. For three or four, the rental car will likely be the better option. Plus, you have the freedom to stop and buy any last minute supplies, groceries or wine. 

A rental from downtown Vancouver to SeaTac is now running between $200-$400 per day.   

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

A rental from downtown Vancouver to SeaTac is now running between $200-$400 per day.   

So it is worth considering if it is closer to the $200 level. Especially for three or more people. At $400, it is tougher to justify. 

21 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

So it is worth considering if it is closer to the $200 level. Especially for three or more people. At $400, it is tougher to justify. 

This was not during cruise season.  Be very careful what you book.  Personally I would book the transfer.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cruisevac4 said:

Take a look at "Quick Shuttle".  About 1/2 price.

I agree with this although I’ve never taken it as far as SeaTac.  I’ve always taken it down to the Bellingham, Washington airport and flown home from there.  
But, I love this service.  It is economical, the busses are clean and have a bathroom onboard, they pick you up in Vancouver at the cruise terminal, they even have an express bus down to SeaTac with no other stops.  
They just recently released their schedule for the upcoming cruises to or from Vancouver.  

• Like 2

This sounds great to me, but I have two questions for the people who have used this service. Did you fly in to Seattle (or Bellingham) day of or day before? Does Princess offer the shuttle both day of and day before?

We are using the Princess shuttle/transfer for our B2B out of Vancouver.  We will fly into Seattle the day prior to our cruise and overnight, get up early the next morning and catch the shuttle to Vancouver.  At disembarkation in Vancouver, we will take the Princess shuttle/transfer from Vancouver back to Seattle, overnight in Seattle and then fly home the next day.

**We have never used this service before, this will be our first time.

Edited by Italy52

2 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Just make sure your flight is plenty late departing from Seattle as the border wait is unpredictable. 

Even though it only takes about 3 to 3.5 hrs in normal circumstances, princess will block out 6 hrs of time.

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We are using the Princess shuttle/transfer for our B2B out of Vancouver.  We will fly into Seattle the day prior to our cruise and overnight, get up early the next morning and catch the shuttle to Vancouver.  At disembarkation in Vancouver, we will take the Princess shuttle/transfer from Vancouver back to Seattle, overnight in Seattle and then fly home the next day.

**We have never used this service before, this will be our first time.

We are doing the exact same thing for our cruise in May. Much cheaper and a direct flight to Seattle. We will stay at a Seattle hotel by the airport and just get their shuttle back to the airport the next morning to pick up the Princess Transport.

• Like 1

Thanks for responding.  We've done a one-way car rental in the past but am not sure if car rentals are going to be as easily available as they once were.  I went to the Quickshuttle site but am not thrilled by the departure times and the limitation to one bag per person.

I want to look into what Princess is offering but don't know where to look on its website.  Any clues?

Just now, cruzysuzy said:

Thanks for responding.  We've done a one-way car rental in the past but am not sure if car rentals are going to be as easily available as they once were.  I went to the Quickshuttle site but am not thrilled by the departure times and the limitation to one bag per person.

I want to look into what Princess is offering but don't know where to look on its website.  Any clues?

If using a TA, have the TA call them with your questions.  If you are not using a TA, call Princess direct.

We took the Princess shuttle once from Vancouver to Seattle at the end of our cruise.  The bus had faulty air conditioning and we waited in an endless line at the border.  You couldn't get off the bus to get air because it was sealed for entry into the US.  We got on the bus about 8:30 am and we just barely made our 4pm flight out of SeaTac.  I would never take that again.