Regal Dry Dock Apr 2022 - Details?

Canadian_J

Does anyone have details of what kind of work is expected to be completed on Regal Princess' dry dock later this month? I've searched high and low but haven't had any success yet. We're booked later this year and just curious if there will be any notable changes to expect, or if it's mostly repairs/cosmetics?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer!

• Like 1

No definite answer from me, but when we were on her in December, there were numerous mechanical issues coming out of covid shutdown in cabins; air conditioning issues, plumbing issues.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 9:42 AM, Canadian_J said:

Does anyone have details of what kind of work is expected to be completed on Regal Princess' dry dock later this month? I've searched high and low but haven't had any success yet. We're booked later this year and just curious if there will be any notable changes to expect, or if it's mostly repairs/cosmetics?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer!

What makes you think there is a drydock scheduled?  REGAL just started its Europe 2022 season.  I don't see anything about a drydock for REGAL in the normal places that report on such things.

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

What makes you think there is a drydock scheduled?  REGAL just started its Europe 2022 season.  I don't see anything about a drydock for REGAL in the normal places that report on such things.

According to multiple sources (internet) her last drydock was in January 2020.  She is currently scheduled for April 16 - 30, 2022 in Marseille (Chantier Naval de Marseille, the largest drydock in the Mediterranean).

8 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

According to multiple sources (internet) her last drydock was in January 2020.  She is currently scheduled for April 16 - 30, 2022 in Marseille (Chantier Naval de Marseille, the largest drydock in the Mediterranean).

I am booked on the 16 to 23rd of April 2022 from Barcelona to Rome.  Today  is April 5th and there is no dry dock on schedule.

1 hour ago, Alanr204 said:

I believe the dates that the Regal will be out of service are April 24 - May 6. 

Agree.  I see that the two weeks of Apr 23 - Apr 30 and Apr 30 - May 7 are missing from the schedule and I did find a reference to a dry dock in Marseille (Regal is sailing the Med right now) for Apr 16 - 30.  Looks like they shifted it by one week.  Glad it's getting some work done before we board in October.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2022 at 4:39 PM, Steelers36 said:

Agree.  I see that the two weeks of Apr 23 - Apr 30 and Apr 30 - May 7 are missing from the schedule and I did find a reference to a dry dock in Marseille (Regal is sailing the Med right now) for Apr 16 - 30.  Looks like they shifted it by one week.  Glad it's getting some work done before we board in October.

Those are the dates that I'd seen as well. Not a lot of firm details, but I'll be curious to hear from folks who sail next month if they notice many differences. Thanks!

• Like 1

We drove into Portland, Oregon yesterday and crossed the Interstate bridge (heading south from Washington state on I-5). I did see a ship and it looked like a Princess ship in port, located where they work on the ships.

8 hours ago, nini said:

We drove into Portland, Oregon yesterday and crossed the Interstate bridge (heading south from Washington state on I-5). I did see a ship and it looked like a Princess ship in port, located where they work on the ships.

That'd be Carribbean Princess 

Michael

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 12:07 AM, nini said:

Not sure the dates but the Grand has a dry dock soon before Alaska.

30 minutes ago, Esprit said:

As its a Fincantieri shipyard I hope they will give it a full rejuvenation to the interior too!

It really doesn't matter whether it is a Fincantieri yard or not, as to whether they do interior hotel renovations, that work is almost all done by sub-contractors brought in by the cruise line.

When is its next cruise scheduled? We are due on board May 21st in Barcelona provided our Covid tests are negative. I wonder if dry dock might overrun.

11 minutes ago, mcc said:

When is its next cruise scheduled? We are due on board May 21st in Barcelona provided our Covid tests are negative. I wonder if dry dock might overrun.

We board in Rome for B2B2B2 21 day cruise next Saturday, so guess we will the first cruise after a 2 week drydock.

Edited by Jaymuxman