Max Cap yet?

sullyd

10 hours ago, sullyd said:

Just wandering if summit is at full capacity yet?

The Summit did some charter cruises a few weeks ago.  I would estimate the one I was on was at about 80% of passenger capacity.  But being a charter it had different cancellation policies than regular sailings.

Not the Summit, but I’m on the Edge right now and a crew member told us that this is the first cruise since the shutdown with over 2000 passengers. I’ll report back if I hear an exact count. Still doesn’t feel full at all! 

Edited by Chriskoo

I  think Celebrity ships no longer have an imposed limit (%) on capacity.  There are still not enough passengers willing to cruise because of the possibility of getting infected with Covid,  or dealing with the numerous Covid issues (pre-cruise testing, pre-flight testing, port requirements, vaccine requirements, possibility of Q and I, unvaccinated children, you name it).  Maybe a few ships have sailings with higher passenger numbers (a few EDGE or APEX sailings, and probably BEYOND for awhile after launch) but it is not the norm by any means.

Follow information on the Summit closely as we sailed her several times last summer and fall.  For some reason, she continues to sail with smaller numbers than most of the other ships. Not sure how long that will last into the summer season. 

12 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

We are on Apex and I don't know the numbers it has what seems as the highest number of passengers so far for us. We have done 3 cruises prior and the ships seemed empty. Last night the theatre here was almost 3/4 full!

Was on Apex last week, went to the Cruise Director presentation with the Hotel Director and the HR Director...Hotel Director said we had 1837 Passengers..said the cruise you are on would have aprox. 200 more..

Also said the demand for full cruises is not there right now.  Mainly blamed the testing and protocols.  

BTW, the presentation was pretty interesting.  

20 hours ago, Steve H said:

I was at a Celebrity promo event today and we were told that all ships would  be at 50 % for all of 2022.

Apex has been reported as approximately 2000, which would closer to 67%. Our last cruise was about 30%. 

13 hours ago, sippican said:

Which date?

The 9/11 New England Canada date is showing sold out, but that could mean it’s reached the cap. 

Summit has huge blocks of cabins marked as unavailable for both Iceland cruises and the following Canada cruise.  Iceland cruises show only an occasional veranda or above cabin available. No idea what that actually means now or come August or September.   Eons away.

With the lifting of the CDC no sail order in January, which limited and managed booking capacities moving forward, there no longer are any booking capacity restrictions for US based itinerary cruises.  Actual bookings will reflect on board numbers, but the capacity for each ship sailing will be reached when it is actually sold out. 

It is now back to a market driven industry in terms of bookings, with any number of covid and non-covid factors affecting that.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Currently our 21 September 2022 Summit NE/Canada cruise isn't showing on Celebrity's or TA website. 

Interesting -  actually it is showing on the Celebrity TA booking site, but as a $ 0.00 base stateroom value for individual bookings, with most categories closed, and a few waitlisted. But nothing available to book.  However there is a group level with two categories showing with availability to book.  

Very strange since you have a confirmed booking!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2022 at 1:47 AM, Steve H said:

I was at a Celebrity promo event today and we were told that all ships would  be at 50 % for all of 2022.

But to be clear for this thread, that may be company decision based on staffing, etc., or projected based on current bookings and trends or other market data.  But it is not a limitation imposed by the CDC as those - as you likely are aware - have been lifted in January. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Interesting -  actually it is showing on the Celebrity TA booking site, but as a $ 0.00 base stateroom value for individual bookings, with most categories closed, and a few waitlisted. But nothing available to book.  However there is a group level with two categories showing with availability to book.  

Very strange since you have a confirmed booking!

My thoughts also. Booked this cruise, January 2021. I was thinking possibly sold out until you posted this. Hmm...

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

My thoughts also. Booked this cruise, January 2021. I was thinking possibly sold out until you posted this. Hmm...

It has been closed in most categories except for interiors for a while - we looked out of curiosity when I saw a post by you saying you were on it.  There also is a Celeb. HQ group booking showing pricing in all categories, but all categories closed.  Got to admit I don't know what all of this means but hope the itinerary isn't in jeopardy.  I would think you would receive an email if it was.  Have to wait and see.

• Like 1