Truth about dress code enforcement please, - not policy.

budmeister

Related matter: Does BLU do CHIC nights?

I'm strongly considering that on the Solstice early May - for the first time ever - I'm not packing my suit / black shoes because of baggage constraints (trying to do carry on only on a round the world trip with some short connections).

Last time I ended up regretting packing all the stuff and then having to deal with an extra bag for the remainder of the journey.

I'm in AQ so have access to BLU. I'm not keen on the MDR on Solstice Class ships either way and don't mind the Oceanview Cafe for dinner so I could easily skip the chic nights. Not that I think my regular jacket, nice pants and elegant sneakers wouldn't pass the door that evening.

If BLU and the specialty restaurants don't participate in the dresscode that would help to tilt my decision towards packing light this time.

11 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Related matter: Does BLU do CHIC nights?

I'm strongly considering that on the Solstice early May - for the first time ever - I'm not packing my suit / black shoes because of baggage constraints (trying to do carry on only on a round the world trip with some short connections).

Last time I ended up regretting packing all the stuff and then having to deal with an extra bag for the remainder of the journey.

I'm in AQ so have access to BLU. I'm not keen on the MDR on Solstice Class ships either way and don't mind the Oceanview Cafe for dinner so I could easily skip the chic nights. Not that I think my regular jacket, nice pants and elegant sneakers wouldn't pass the door that evening.

If BLU and the specialty restaurants don't participate in the dresscode that would help to tilt my decision towards packing light this time.

I don’t think Blu does chic.  At least I don’t remember Blu requiring a suit in 2019.  I’m not sure how elegant sneakers are but I don’t think there are rules about them.

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don’t think Blu does chic.  At least I don’t remember Blu requiring a suit in 2019.  I’m not sure how elegant sneakers are but I don’t think there are rules about them.

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

From experience most people observe chic nights while dining in Blu. An occasional tux, and at least 70% suits or sports jackets. Ladies definitely more sparkles. A few men just in shirt sleeves. I'd say ties are about 30%. I have sailed Aqua exclusively for years now, multiple times per year.  This is the current experience.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

From experience most people observe chic nights while dining in Blu. An occasional tux, and at least 70% suits or sports jackets. Ladies definitely more sparkles. A few men just in shirt sleeves. I'd say ties are about 30%. I have sailed Aqua exclusively for years now, multiple times per year.  This is the current experience.

Are jackets and ties required in Blu on Chic nights?  I won't be wearing them because, hey, I'm young and free at heart.  🙂

Edited by zitsky

12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Are jackets and ties required in Blu on Chic nights?  I won't be wearing them because, hey, I'm young and free at heart.  🙂

No.

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

No.

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

This answers an earlier post about a sweater with no collared shirt.  That would seem to be ok.

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I can’t walk in heels for $#&*

Neither can I. It's not pretty when I try. 

My bestie's son is an extremely talented drag queen and the things he can do in heels blow me away! He's quite a dancer. His signature move is to leap in the air and land doing the splits. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Neither can I. It's not pretty when I try. 

My bestie's son is an extremely talented drag queen and the things he can do in heels blow me away! He's quite a dancer. His signature move is to leap in the air and land doing the splits. 

That brings up a question. What dress code do Drag Queens need to follow on Celebrity?

It would be sad if he was denied entry into the MDR because his evening gown was collarless. 😪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DirtyDawg said:

That brings up a question. What dress code do Drag Queens need to follow on Celebrity?

It would be sad if he was denied entry into the MDR because his evening gown was collarless. 😪

It’s funny you should ask because just today I was reading that Celebrity is going to make high heels mandatory for men AND women on Chic night.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

It’s funny you should ask because just today I was reading that Celebrity is going to make high heels mandatory for men AND women on Chic night.

Mrs. Dawg loves this idea. The sooner X implements this the sooner I fall off them while on a cruise, and the sooner she collects the life insurance money. 🤑

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1

I have an idea -- Cruise Director's like coming up with new games .. Let's do this one '' Call it Right or Wrong" 

Cruise staff appear on stage dressed different ways and the audience guesses whether it is appropriate attire for the dining venues for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.   So each outfit would be three questions each with a right for being appropriate or a wrong for being inappropriate.   At the end tally up all the guest answers and announce the results.   Of course the correct answer is the one with the most votes.  

Bet that would be a fun onboard activity to participate in. 

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have an idea -- Cruise Director's like coming up with new games .. Let's do this one '' Call it Right or Wrong" 

Cruise staff appear on stage dressed different ways and the audience guesses whether it is appropriate attire for the dining venues for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.   So each outfit would be three questions each with a right for being appropriate or a wrong for being inappropriate.   At the end tally up all the guest answers and announce the results.   Of course the correct answer is the one with the most votes.  

Bet that would be a fun onboard activity to participate in. 

I’ll sign up for that!

25 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I imagine they'd need to follow the same code as the rest of us. 

These first three of LLF's looks would be fine, and well above the norm,  for an Evening Chic night. The last on, probably not. 

And he always has some sort of collar or neck  jewelry when in costume, for the obvious reason. 

IMG_7847.jpg

IMG_7848.jpg

IMG_7849.jpg

IMG_7850.jpg

1 hour ago, HskrCrsr said:

This came up a few years ago. The consensus was that Blu is smart casual and only the MDR follows the formal night stuff. Many of the links here are dead, but the discussion seems right.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2559258-blu-dress-code-confusion/

However, that is not what people actually do in Blu, the specialty restaurants or (I would guess) luminae.

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I imagine they'd need to follow the same code as the rest of us. 

These first three of LLF's looks would be fine, and well above the norm,  for an Evening Chic night. The last on, probably not. 

And he always has some sort of collar or neck  jewelry when in costume, for the obvious reason. 

IMG_7847.jpg

IMG_7848.jpg

IMG_7849.jpg

IMG_7850.jpg

I beg to differ. Pasties under a sheer net and slits up to one's waist are not appropriate. Although the outfit is worth a good stare!

25 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

However, that is not what people actually do in Blu, the specialty restaurants or (I would guess) luminae.

Yes, you are correct. I dress for the chic/formal nights even when dining in Blu as do most (but not all) others that I see there. DW enjoys dressing up and getting the photos, so that's what we do.

34 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

Yes, you are correct. I dress for the chic/formal nights even when dining in Blu as do most (but not all) others that I see there. DW enjoys dressing up and getting the photos, so that's what we do.

It’s funny how the shoe is on the other foot and I find myself being the one questioning the dress code.  No irony here.

51 minutes ago, zitsky said:

At least I’m not going to the MDR in a tshirt and jeans.  And I *am* following the CURRENT dress code.  🤣

Alrighty, then.

I see that my eyeroll is directly under one of your posts. that does not necessarily mean it was directed at you.

To those who have posted eyeroll-worthy stuff, it might just have been for you. If you haven't, it probably wasn't.