FYI. Had an account/wifi/Elevate question. Celebrity says talk to your TA.

zitsky

I'm booked under the Elevate package like 99% of us.  So I was discussing wifi in another thread because I noticed in my order history it only shows my name, and not my husband's.  I emailed Celebrity and after a few weeks they came back and said "talk to your TA".  Not what I expected but not suprising because my question was about my account.  Not a big deal but I thought they might answer a basic question.

Since Celebrity pays TAs to provide service to customers that book via them it make sense that they expect TAs to handle inquiries.  Like many companies X is experiencing staff shortages and need to have their reps handle those that book direct with better response time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Wifi has nothing to do With Elevate. Elevate is a daily charge for premium drink package and OBC.

We can debate whether it is Always Included or Elevate.  What does Celebrity say?

image.thumb.png.21afb8ca7a61daf6c6eda11f234429c1.png

UPGRADE NOW FOR ULTIMATE VALUE

With everything from top-shelf drinks to Basic Wi-Fi to shore excursion credits when selecting the Elevate Package. Upgrade to the Indulge Package for Premium Wi-Fi and Onboard Credit. These luxurious packages add even more convenience to your award-winning vacation.

image.png.bf4e24d0e87cd1153524e80be32a6ca4.png

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Since Celebrity pays TAs to provide service to customers that book via them it make sense that they expect TAs to handle inquiries.  Like many companies X is experiencing staff shortages and need to have their reps handle those that book direct with better response time.

I understand your reasoning but I don't agree with you 100%.  Celebrity could have answered my question as "That is normal."  Or, "There is a problem with the website."  They don't have to access my account to tell me that.

Are you trying to tell me that if I want to report a problem with their website, that my travel agent has to do that?

Edited by zitsky

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I'm booked under the Elevate package like 99% of us.  So I was discussing wifi in another thread because I noticed in my order history it only shows my name, and not my husband's.  I emailed Celebrity and after a few weeks they came back and said "talk to your TA".  Not what I expected but not suprising because my question was about my account.  Not a big deal but I thought they might answer a basic question.

I thought Elevate package is a added $30 per person per day. Did you book 1 or 2 Elevated packages.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/elevate-package

"Every Celebrity cruise includes your drinks, Wi-Fi, and tips, but this package will elevate your escape to include even more value and convenience. We’ll upgrade your drinks to premium, so you can enjoy everything from our best specialty coffees in the morning to top-shelf spirits in the evening. Plus, you’ll enjoy a shore excursion credit† of up to $200 per person to help you make the most of the incredible places you’ll explore. And of course, your Wi-Fi and tips are included, as always. It’s everything you need for an unforgettable vacation—and more."

WiFi and tips stay with what you booked with your cabin. Your only getting drinks upgraded to premium and up to $200 OBC.

3 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/elevate-package

"Every Celebrity cruise includes your drinks, Wi-Fi, and tips, but this package will elevate your escape to include even more value and convenience. We’ll upgrade your drinks to premium, so you can enjoy everything from our best specialty coffees in the morning to top-shelf spirits in the evening. Plus, you’ll enjoy a shore excursion credit† of up to $200 per person to help you make the most of the incredible places you’ll explore. And of course, your Wi-Fi and tips are included, as always. It’s everything you need for an unforgettable vacation—and more."

WiFi and tips stay with what you booked with your cabin. Your only getting drinks upgraded to premium and up to $200 OBC.

I’m not sure you got my point.  In the cruise planner in Order History there is an “order” for Wi-Fi for one person not two.  Other completely unrelated activities show two people.  I would prefer that Wi-Fi shows for two people, in the planner.

Seeing as Celebrity refuses to address this, I will contact my travel agent.

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m not sure you got my point.  In the cruise planner in Order History there is an “order” for Wi-Fi for one person not two.  Other completely unrelated activities show two people.  I would prefer that Wi-Fi shows for two people, in the planner.

I agree.  Contact your travel agent.  Get your booking confirmation and take that on board with you.  Ignore the travel planner.  It's often wrong. 

In fact, it's showing only one wifi package for me also and we are booked in a suite with AI. 

Edited by mfs2k

5 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

As to booking. Do you mean booked in a cabin or added 2 Elevate package at $30 per person per day.

There are two people traveling in one cabin.  One booking for two people, made through a travel agent.  

If two people are traveling together in one cabin, and they book through all included and the Elevate package which of those two people can use the Wi-Fi while on board.  One or two?

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Both

That is the right answer.  I keep forgetting how bad the IT systems are.  They know there are two people at a wine dinner but they don’t know there are two people in the cabin using Wi-Fi.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

We can debate whether it is Always Included or Elevate.  What does Celebrity say?

image.thumb.png.21afb8ca7a61daf6c6eda11f234429c1.png

UPGRADE NOW FOR ULTIMATE VALUE

With everything from top-shelf drinks to Basic Wi-Fi to shore excursion credits when selecting the Elevate Package. Upgrade to the Indulge Package for Premium Wi-Fi and Onboard Credit. These luxurious packages add even more convenience to your award-winning vacation.

image.png.bf4e24d0e87cd1153524e80be32a6ca4.png

I’m not trying to debate anything! Always included includes classic drinks, basic WiFi and tips. Elevate is paying $30/person/day to upgrade to premium drinks and OBC. They are two completely different things!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

That is the right answer.  I keep forgetting how bad the IT systems are.  They know there are two people at a wine dinner but they don’t know there are two people in the cabin using Wi-Fi.

Both have access but not at the same time.  

Have you looked at your partners account?

The benefits of his Elevate package should show there as it is his package. Your account, under your Captains Club number, will only show your benefits of your Elevate package. 

If you paid for and booked a restaurant for 2 it will come under your account as it is not taken for granted the other diner will be the person sharing your cabin. 

Your invoice should show the financial breakdown of paying for 2 Elevate packages, as well as any other add-ons. 

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Basic WiFi for one device per cabin is included in Celebrity's Always Included; and the term "one device" means one device at a time; you can log into WiFi with multiple devices, but only one at a time. You can also purchase WiFi for an additional device through the Cruise Planner which will then allow you to use two devices simultaneously.  For my March 2024 New Zealand cruise, the cost is regularly $14.99 per day for the additional device (currently on sale at $12.99.)

Celebrity's description of Elevate is confusing to say the least since the description contains items that are added by Elevate, but also items that are already in Always Included. For clarification, the Classic Beverage Package, Gratuities and Basic WiFi (for one device per cabin) are already provided in Always Included. The upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package and additional OBC for shore excursions are the items that are added by Elevate.

Bottom line is that the basic WiFi provide by Always Included is for only "one device" and that is probably why it only shows one name in the order history - which again is a misnomer since it can be used by any and everyone in the cabin - just not simultaneously.

9 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Basic WiFi for one device per cabin is included in Celebrity's Always Included; and the term "one device" means one device at a time; you can log into WiFi with multiple devices, but only one at a time. You can also purchase WiFi for an additional device through the Cruise Planner which will then allow you to use two devices simultaneously.  For my March 2024 New Zealand cruise, the cost is regularly $14.99 per day for the additional device (currently on sale at $12.99.)

Celebrity's description of Elevate is confusing to say the least since the description contains items that are added by Elevate, but also items that are already in Always Included. For clarification, the Classic Beverage Package, Gratuities and Basic WiFi (for one device per cabin) are already provided in Always Included. The upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package and additional OBC for shore excursions are the items that are added by Elevate.

Bottom line is that the basic WiFi provide by Always Included is for only "one device" and that is probably why it only shows one name in the order history - which again is a misnomer since it can be used by any and everyone in the cabin - just not simultaneously.

Ok that ONE device is what I’m trying to figure out.  Thanks.

So I logged into my husband’s account.  We each have Always Included Basic Wi-Fi 1 device.

Edited by zitsky

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok that ONE device is what I’m trying to figure out.  Thanks.

So I logged into my husband’s account.  We each have Always Included Basic Wi-Fi 1 device.

Exactly, it’s not one device per cabin it’s one device at a time per person. 

1 minute ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

And if you have loyalty status of Elite and above you’re also entitled to streaming wifi 90 minutes or more depending on how high up the loyalty ladder you are. Nice perk!

Thanks but I’m in the loyalty sub basement.  I’ve only had one cruise.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

Thanks but I’m in the loyalty sub basement.  I’ve only had one cruise.

No worries, we were in that same basement for many cruises as we only can afford to book verandas…will prob never make Elite plus but have enjoyed them all immensely and always felt treated like royalty by Celebrity staff.